NSIAP: Aggie wrongly detained by ICE in Conroe since 2/12

13,890 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SquareOne07
713nervy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I pray that this is extremely old news and that a group of badass Aggie lawyers got together to get this poor girl out, or will be there to defend her on April 4th.

Link to the article

"It really boggles my mind why the government would want to seek to continue to detain someone with no criminal history who was a graduate of Texas A&M and who was approved and on her way to citizenship but was held for what was obviously a mistake," the woman's attorney, Belinda Arroyo, said in a telephone interview. "But here we are, almost a month and a half later."
King moto moto
AG
Damn,

I thought i had it bad when they deported me to Mexico when I was a student.
Ol Army 01 Post Boobs
713nervy
AG
She is being detained in what is effectively sounds like a prison.

"They're only allowed outside once a week, like in a concrete courtyard where I guess they can look at the sky, and maybe they have grass. She wakes up at 6 for chow, and it's lights out at 10:30pm, and it's all about the other prisoners trying not to tear each other apart. I can visit her for an hour once a week, but I can't bring her books or photos, and it's through two inches of glass. I mean, yeah, it's a prison."
King moto moto
AG
713nervy said:

She is being detained in what is effectively a prison.
This really sucks.

I hope this gets settled soon and she sues the pants off the government!
Ol Army 01 Post Boobs
TexasRebel
AG
Isn't she married to a citizen?
aggie_fan13
AG
Forum 16
Joe Exotic
AG
TexasRebel said:

Isn't she married to a citizen?

And?
OregonAggie
AG
I have dibs on the first conjugal visit.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Nothing to see here. Just Trump making America great again.
nonameag99
Did she not break a law?

Yes, she did!

MAGA
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
corkscrewduck
Youre right. At 3 years old she shouldve told her parents she was staying in peru to not run afoul of US immigration law. Good thing we're getting rid of this hardened criminal!!!!!
TexasRebel
AG
I thought spouses of citizens could get green cards pretty easily.
King moto moto
AG
TexasRebel said:

Not really but I finally got my interview for my green card next Friday. I'll let you know next week how easy it actually is.

Just to give y'all an idea how hard it's been.

• Been living in Texas since 1994
  • I aged out and couldn't get my green card when my family got it while I was at Texas A&M
  • Applied for my green card over two years ago via marriage
  • Got notice last month that my interview is next week.

I will find out Friday if I get it. Wish me luck!
Ol Army 01 Post Boobs
who?mikejones
AG
713nervy said:

I pray that this is extremely old news and that a group of badass Aggie lawyers got together to get this poor girl out, or will be there to defend her on April 4th.

Link to the article

"It really boggles my mind why the government would want to seek to continue to detain someone with no criminal history who was a graduate of Texas A&M and who was approved and on her way to citizenship but was held for what was obviously a mistake," the woman's attorney, Belinda Arroyo, said in a telephone interview. "But here we are, almost a month and a half later."

Im not sure she was wrongly detained. She doesnt have papers. She could not leave the county and expect to get back in. It sucks but i think your title is wrong.

Also, daca started in 2012. This girl is 28 so that makes her at least 21 when she recieved "protected" status. That means for at least 3 years she was an adult living in the states without status.

I wish we had a better immigration system that minimized these type of situations and one that had a better mechanism for more quickly granting status to those who deserve it. But, with the available information, it doesn't seem that ice has acted improperly. To treat her special because she is an Aggie would be improper.
King moto moto
AG
So I just reread the article sober and it is obvious she was miss lead by her company to travel.

While one is in process of getting your green card, if you are to travel out side the US, you need to apply and be approved for Advanced Parol.

Even though I was granted Advance Parol, my lawyers advices not to travel because immigration can still denie you reentry. Not worth the risk.

Looks like she didn't even have her Adcance Parol and should have stayed put till she got her green card.

Ol Army 01 Post Boobs
King moto moto
AG
who?mikejones said:

713nervy said:

UI pray that this is extremely old news and that a group of badass Aggie lawyers got together to get this poor girl out, or will be there to defend her on April 4th.

Link to the article

Im not sure she was wrongly detained. She doesnt have papers. She could not leave the county and expect to get back in. It sucks but i think your title is wrong.

Also, daca started in 2012. This girl is 28 so that makes her at least 21 when she recieved "protected" status. That means for at least 3 years she was an adult living in the states without status.

I wish we had a better immigration system that minimized these type of situations and one that had a better mechanism for more quickly granting status to those who deserve it. But, with the available information, it doesn't seem that ice had acted improperly. To treat her special because she is an Aggie would be improper.
As an immigrant, I agree with you.
Ol Army 01 Post Boobs
who?mikejones
AG
Her supervisor aught to be go by the end of the day
King moto moto
AG
who?mikejones said:

I disagree. Her manager doesn't know the process.

She should have seeked out proper council from an immigration lawyer. ( I am assuming that she did not, I have worked with several immigration lawyers over the past 20 years and all had advices not to travel when paper work was in process)

If it meant her losing her job, be it. Obviously she can work legally in this country, so find a job that allows her to work without travel outside the US until she got her green card.

In the end she put herself into this situation.

It sucks but it's not worth the risk until you are fully protected.
Ol Army 01 Post Boobs
Joe Exotic
AG
who?mikejones said:

It's not her employer's responsibility to help illegals.
chipotle
She's attractive. Let her back in
who?mikejones
AG
Bo Darville said:

who?mikejones said:

It's not her employer's responsibility to help illegals.

No it's not. However, having someone dumb enough to send a person who tells you they are a daca recipient really shows how poor at decision making you are. I bet this person didnt want to hassle with moving staffing around to accommodate losing an attendant.

Simply, allowing her to go was a poor decision. Poor decisions have consequences.
Joe Exotic
AG
I blame her employer for hiring illegals. Hiring her was the poor decision.
G.I.Bro
Man, I didnt realize the GB was full of nazis now
who?mikejones
AG
Bo Darville said:

There's a lot of blame to go around and it can go as high as you want. This is what happens when you skirt the process on both the micro and macro level
Al Bula
AG
Nervy knows how to troll this board. I cannot believe morons still fall for it.
who?mikejones
AG
Shife said:

Nervy knows how to troll this board. I cannot believe morons still fall for it.

might be a troll but its a good discussion to have.
King moto moto
AG
*in a country hick voice*

" In my books, all those damn tsips are considered illegals in my book. They all should be rounded up and kicked out of this country"
Ol Army 01 Post Boobs
NWE
AG
No boobs? No call to my local representative.
OregonAggie
AG
Moto Moto said:

TexasRebel said:

Not really but I finally got my interview for my green card next Friday. I'll let you know next week how easy it actually is.

Just to give y'all an idea how hard it's been.

• Been living in Texas since 1994
  • I aged out and couldn't get my green card when my family got it while I was at Texas A&M
  • Applied for my green card over two years ago via marriage
  • Got notice last month that my interview is next week.

I will find out Friday if I get it. Wish me luck!

Good luck with your interviews.
who?mikejones
AG
Moto Moto said:

*in a country hick voice*

" In my books, all those damn tsips are considered illegals in my book. They all should be rounded up and kicked out of this country"

The passport to get into austopia is a beto yardsign
Ragoo
AG
Bo Darville said:

clearly she was legally employable. Her HR department should know her immigration status and she should not have been sent on an assignment that compromised that status. Additionally, she should have known better and quit her job instead of trust her employer.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Wonder what variety of worthless degree you get to be a flight attendant at a regional 3 years later
Joe Exotic
AG
Ragoo said:

Bo Darville said:

clearly she was legally employable. Her HR department should know her immigration status and she should not have been sent on an assignment that compromised that status. Additionally, she should have known better and quit her job instead of trust her employer.

Her employer shouldn't have to jump through so many hoops for someone here illegally. I wouldn't mind a legislative solution for people like her, but until then we shouldn't be bending laws to accommodate those who break it, regardless of age.
Joe Exotic
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Wonder what variety of worthless degree you get to be a flight attendant at a regional 3 years later

Liberal arts
Stat Monitor Repairman
Sounds like a union job with some decent off time.

Sign my white ass up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.