Is it possible....

3,939 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Predmid
jturner181
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
To finish your degree at A&M, specifically Mays business school, with taking all online classes? I know A&M doesn't have remote or online degrees, but curious if you took all of your core classes already and simply need to get your business classes done, can you get enough online to satisfy graduation requirements -

Thanks Ags!
Bayside Tiger Ag
Geralt of Rivia
S
Isn't this what degree plans are for?
Bayside Tiger Ag
/GB replies

You'll have better luck on the Academics Forum. I can almost guarantee you what you're asking is impossible. Unless a huge change has been made, only lower level (like ACCT 229, basics) can be completed online, and that's if A&M even accepts the transfer credits from the online "school".

I'm not 100% positive on this, but would be surprised if it changed.
aggie_fan13
AG
Good luck
permabull
AG
redd38
AG
If you're a really good qb they could probably make it work
Geralt of Rivia
S
On an unrelated note, a few nights ago I had the dream where I went in for my degree audit and I was a course shy of graduating
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

On an unrelated note, a few nights ago I had the dream where I went in for my degree audit and I was a course shy of graduating

Fair warning

You will have that nightmare for the next 30 years
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
redd38 said:

If you're a really good qb they could probably make it work

If you can play LB, you are a shoe-in for a full ride
Geralt of Rivia
S
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

Geralt of Rivia said:

Fair warning

Oh, I know! It's been almost 12 years since I graduated and I've had it a few times...not quite as often as my dad, but I have the "Ive decided to rejoin the football team for my senior year" dream pretty frequently
PoohAh97
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

How long since you graduated? That's only supposed to happen from the night after you graduate to about 15 years out.
Joe Exotic
AG
Serious reply incoming

Undergrad will be tough to impossible. For a graduate degree you will have plenty of online only options for A&M. At the present A&M offers only one online bachelors option which is a RN to BSN completion program. Within 10 years A&M will offer several online only bachelors programs.
Geralt of Rivia
S
PoohAh97 said:

Geralt of Rivia said:

How long since you graduated? That's only supposed to happen from the night after you graduate to about 15 years out.
I graduated in May 2007, so almost 12 years ago
Win At Life
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

No. The dream is that you signed up for a class that you forgot about and never attended until right before the finals, so too late to Q-drop and too late to pass the class, so an F goes on your GPA AND you can't graduate.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

The dream is that you signed up for a class that you forgot about and never attended until right before the finals, so too late to Q-drop and too late to pass the class, so an F goes on your GPA AND you can't graduate.
Here
NoahAg
Win At Life said:

Geralt of Rivia said:

No. The dream is that you signed up for a class that you forgot about and never attended until right before the finals, so too late to Q-drop and too late to pass the class, so an F goes on your GPA AND you can't graduate.
I dream this frequently. It's the last week of school and I realize I completely forgot to attend a class all semester.
Graduated in '02.
swc93
AG
NoahAg said:

Win At Life said:

Geralt of Rivia said:

I dream this frequently. It's the last week of school and I realize I completely forgot to attend a class all semester.
Graduated in '02.
I even went so far as to go to my counselor to verify my schedule to make sure I was going to all of my classes. Dream was so real.
Claude!
So you're telling me it wasn't a dream where you see yourself standing in some sort of sun god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you? Why am I the only person that has that dream?
JayAggie
AG
I think it's virtually impossible. When I was in school we could only transfer in 30 hours of non A&M courses. I took 15 hours my final semester, 6 at A&M and the other 9 with online courses to finish out degree plan, which put me right at 30 transfer hours.
dcAg
I actually showed up in person to get my MBA at Mays. Its a legit degree and not a millenial easy way out scheme.
gooberhead
AG
i still have this dream and i graduated in '78...
Tecolote
AG
Win At Life said:

Geralt of Rivia said:

I can confirm this dream will still happen even thirty years later.
Texmid
AG
Win At Life said:

Geralt of Rivia said:

Class of '91 here and still have this dream. Although my mind adds that I also cannot find the building where the class takes place.
Not a Bot
AG
Never completely forgot about a class, but I was close one time. I didn't start going until a few weeks into the semester because I forgot I added it to my schedule at the last minute. This was before they were required to post the syllabus online. My teacher refused to give me one because my attendance was poor. I politely reminded her that she got paid the same whether I was there or not.

I completely forgot about an exam for an anthropology class after the drop deadline, and got an F in the easiest class I took at A&M. Retook it the next semester and got an easy A.

Also showed up 30 minutes late to an accounting final because I locked my keys in my truck, they were nice and let me in. Ran out of time, got a C in the class when I was borderline A before the exam.
Not a Bot
AG
And there was the time when I had a test and every single store was out of scantrons. That was a fun day.

And the other time during a finance final, the 3 mechanical pencils I brought into the room apparently I had used before and were mostly out of lead, I clicked my pencil about 5000 times until the girl next to me got frustrated handed me one.

The point is you can avoid all this crap if you take your classes online.
bladeag12
AG
Glad to know this ones common. At least once every other month or so I have this one.
Ajollyag
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

Geralt of Rivia said:

Fair warning

I'll admit I have that dream once or twice a year and its always the same class. Political Science. A lot of times ill just forget i signed up for it. Never go to class and then at the end of the semester realize i didnt take any tests and somehow i hope that i passed.

In my dream i have to at least pass the course the third time I take it.

They are literally the worst dreams ever.
Ajollyag
Win At Life said:

Geralt of Rivia said:

Wow, hadnt read all the way down when i posted. Glad I am not the only one with the same dream. So weird.
Predmid
AG
Claude! said:

So you're telling me it wasn't a dream where you see yourself standing in some sort of sun god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you? Why am I the only person that has that dream?

Where have I heard that quote.....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.