I've been a pitbull defender a long time

17,225 Views | 136 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Dr. Nefario
Eliminatus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I do love the dichotomy of telling personal stories of pit bull events and... well anything else.

I mean I am obviously a very tough fella for reaching a point of where I felt like I was going to have to draw on an animal. And being so pissed at an ex for her deluded dreams that I would kill a dog. Obviously all made up to push the anti pit agenda. Our efforts are coordinated and powerful. We shall not be stopped until every last one of those beasts are dead!!

How big a boy are ya anyways?
The Shank Ag
Update: Pit (who was a present to neighbors 15 year old daughter last year as a puppy) has been put down. My sister feels tremendous sadness not just for her own dogs that were killed but for the girl losing her pet as well.
chipotle
The Shank Ag said:

Update: Pit (who was a present to neighbors 15 year old daughter last year as a puppy) has been put down

The Shank Ag
chipotle said:

The Shank Ag said:

Update: Pit (who was a present to neighbors 15 year old daughter last year as a puppy) has been put down

My reaction as well. My sad face was for my sisters sadness. I get why she's sad for the girl too. I'm not and would have slilt its throat in front of her. Different strokes for different folks
chipotle
But would you have beat it to death with a fiery log?
Thomas Ford 91
AG
My wife and mother of 3 just said "what dumb**** parent buys their 15 yo daughter a pitbull? Its their ****ing fault their daughter's heart is broken. Who buys their teenage girl a pitbull? I can't wrap my head around that."
permabull
AG
Know Your Enemy
AG
DrHeadShrink said:

You won't find a person who loves dogs more than me. 1.5 years ago I'm in the parking lot of a gym around 10 pm. A large pit heads through the parking lot from the side building coming very definitely straight for me. Straight at me. No barking. I'm getting my gym bag from the trunk and I've got 10 seconds before this dog reaches me.
I put my hand in the trunk on my 9 mm. I keep the hand on the gun and don't show it as I face the approaching dog. I did NOT want to shoot obviously. The dog did not bite and let me pet her/him then followed me to the gym door. Was still sitting by the door when I came out an hour later. It was just one friendly dog - at least to me - a man - that night.
I pray I would have had the b_lls to act swiftly if he attacked because we all know how bad it can get with a pit. It would have made the news. My advice to myself is to end a pitbull attack with extreme prejudice swiftly should it occur. There's no good reason to keep breeding them unless you're a drug dealer without kids. Sterilize them all.
Then work on people from the Left.

So you were ready to shoot & kill a perfectly friendly dog because of the way it looked? Maybe gun control isn't such a bad thing.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
Third paragraph - "if he attacked." Maybe reading comprehension is a good thing?
GSlice06
AG
I literally damaged a pit's head with my Aggie ring when she charged my dog.

Luckily my wife scooped up our pup as I struck the dog.

The owner was nothing but apologetic. It's her ex's dog, who split when when the bottom dropped out in the EagleFord, he didn't come back when oil prices went back up.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
Junkhead says "Aggie ring control is maybe not a bad thing."
Know Your Enemy
AG
DrHeadShrink said:

Third paragraph - "if he attacked." Maybe reading comprehension is a good thing?
Why was his hand even on the gun in the first place? That's my point.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
Hmmmm maybe it's hard to locate and grip a gun when your forearm is ripped open, you're hemorrhaging blood, and a 95 pound dog has it's jaws locked tight - hanging onto your arm?

Note: I didn't state
1) if he jumped on me
2) if he barked
3) if I felt threatened
4) If I felt micro-aggressed

But if he ATTACKED. Ever see a pit bull attack a stranger in a wishy washy manner? Ever heard of a gentle nuclear bomb?
Jack Cheese
AG
Junkhead believes all fur-babies go to heaven, as do all the people who lovingly submit to being killed by a poor fur-baby who was obviously provoked.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
I'm trying to keep my human privilege in check. Woke!
I was fully willing to allow myself to be attacked. I was willing to sustain a painful initial injury before I countered to give this dog every benefit of the doubt. I pet him and might have taken him home if I felt he was abandoned but since I had a 20 pound dog at home there is no way I'd risk my dog's life to rescue a pit bull. I have a big heart but I don't want to literally see any bleeding hearts.
Know Your Enemy
AG
DrHeadShrink said:

Hmmmm maybe it's hard to locate and grip a gun when your forearm is ripped open, you're hemorrhaging blood, and a 95 pound dog has it's jaws locked tight - hanging onto your arm?

Note: I didn't state
1) if he jumped on me
2) if he barked
3) if I felt threatened
4) If I felt micro-aggressed

But if he ATTACKED. Ever see a pit bull attack a stranger in a wishy washy manner? Ever heard of a gentle nuclear bomb?
Sounds to me like you panic too easily. Definitely someone that shouldn't own a gun. You're going to end up killing someone or something unnecessarily.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
DrHeadShrink said:

A 95 pound dog most likely isn't a pit bull, so you should be fine.
SkiMo
AG
New neighbor moved in. Day 1 his pit bull got loose from him, ran across the street, and wrapped it's teeth around my other neighbor's dog. That's a might fine intro to the neighborhood.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
You should have shot the dog. Or at the very least choked him out while making direct eye contact with the owner.
BenFiasco14
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

You should have shot the dog. Or at the very least choked him out while making direct eye contact with the owner.
I would've gone with the "smash the dog in the head with the burning end of a log" route.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Claude!
I like dogs, but not generally when they're chewing on me.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
Ok, I've been trolled - I get it

Why wasn't there a trigger warning?
La Fours
AG
Shank, my wife saw your sister's post on facebook about her dogs. That sucks man. I hope you all are doing well.
The Shank Ag
La Fours said:

Shank, my wife saw your sister's post on facebook about her dogs. That sucks man. I hope you all are doing well.

We were all doing great until that. My wife and I had our firstborn a few months ago and L is kicking butt with her firm. This kinda put a damper on a long lasting group of smiles
BenFiasco14
AG
https://breaking911.com/california-woman-mauled-to-death-in-her-home-by-4-pit-bulls-deputies-say/
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
La Fours
AG
Congrats on the new baby. That's exciting.
gigemJTH12
AG
La Fours said:

what happened if you dont mind me asking. pit bull?
Dr. Mephisto
AG
Just rescued a dog that was 2 days from being euthanized. Flew him from Houston to Denver. He looks sweet and charming in all the pics and video we saw prior.

When we laid eyes on him in person, I could see the pit in him by the shape of his head. He is a sweet, loving, innocent wrecking ball. Very strong. He is 45 pounds a d drags my wife across the room.

I love the fellow, but you can see when he plays with his toys that you dont want to be on the other end of those head shakes.
The Shank Ag
gigemJTH12 said:

La Fours said:

Was put down by vet
HarleySpoon
AG
Dr. Mephisto said:

Just rescued a dog that was 2 days from being euthanized. Flew him from Houston to Denver. He looks sweet and charming in all the pics and video we saw prior.

When we laid eyes on him in person, I could see the pit in him by the shape of his head. He is a sweet, loving, innocent wrecking ball. Very strong. He is 45 pounds a d drags my wife across the room.

I love the fellow, but you can see when he plays with his toys that you dont want to be on the other end of those head shakes.
Does your homeowner's policy have an exclusion for him?
bigfoot10s
AG
The Shank Ag said:

gigemJTH12 said:

La Fours said:

Was put down by vet

My wife saw her Facebook post as well, I just made the connection. Glad it was taken care of, and congrats on the baby
FCBlitz
TxSquarebody said:

My neighbor's house was on fire and my son went in to rescue the dogs. Carried them out or a burning house. 15 minutes later, two pits jump our fence and rip my son's arm open. 6 weeks later, same dogs almost kill one of ours. Animal control says it's all a civil manner. These pits will be missing very soon.

If those pit bulls harmed you then the police have to do something. My neighbor had two vicious pit bulls that would go ape****e when we were in our backyard. Pretty scary stuff.

I called local constable, sheriff, police over time for different near incidences. I did want to wait necessarily till one of us got hurt. Ended up talking to county lawyer and either you have enough film footage of dogs being noisy or they get on your property and harm someone. There is nothing else you can do......lawfully.

I learned my lessons. If owner and pit bulls are both dirtbags....dog will go missing and never comer back.
Dr. Nefario
DrHeadShrink said:

Ok, I've been trolled - I get it

Why wasn't there a trigger warning?

The ultimate irony will be when Junkhead is mauled to death by his own pitbull. His last words will probably be "but you were always so gentle and sweet..."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.