I've been a pitbull defender a long time

17,342 Views | 136 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Dr. Nefario
The Shank Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"It's how they are raised, not an inherrent breed issue."

No more. My sister's neighbors, whom seem to be good people that raise animals right, have a pit bull. Yesterday evening it dug its way under their fence, under my sisters fence, hopped a gate, and killed my sisters two dogs. All caught on camera.

I'm done. Get out the pitchforks and torches, haul them all off. Unneeded killing machines.
jokershady
AG
I'm in your ball park with this one....never had a personal experience with one and hope I never do
Geralt of Rivia
S
Let's have a real good time. Let's have a real good time. Let's have a real good time. Let's have a real good time. Let's have a real good time. Let's have a real good time. Let's have a real good time. Let's have a real good time. Let's have a real good time. Let's have a real good time. Let's have a real good time. Let's have a real good time. Let's have a real good time.
Builder93
AG
Welcome to the club. I had one charge my 2 yr old before the owner called it off. Most terrifying moment of my life.
Bayside Tiger Ag
Lol one of these threads.

Let me get my popcorn
ShinerBlonde
AG
Any dog breed is capable of aggression and violence. What makes pit bulls more scary than most is the amount of damage they can cause based on size and bite pressure. There are a few other breeds that have even more bite pressure that I would be equally wary of if I was near one . Chihuahuas can be meaner than any pit bull but they just aren't going to be able to inflict the kind of damage a pit bull can. That being said I'm not anti pitbull I'm just aware of the danger a large dog can cause (of any breed). I'm sorry to hear about your sister's dogs.
Bayside Tiger Ag
The problem is that pit bulls are inherently evil beings. Change my mind
Beer Baron
AG
Hate them. My dog has been attacked twice in 10 years, both by one of these things streaking up behind us out of nowhere and going directly for her throat. The second time took me and two other grown men to pry it off her and left her with several puncture wounds. But it's ok because the owner assured me later that her little monster was left very shaken up and scared by the whole ordeal.

Also I feel like this will be relevant to this thread soon.
John Francis Donaghy
The bully breeds were bred specifically to be fighters. Early dog fighters intentionally bred aggressive terriers with strong Bulldogs to get the combination of strength and aggression they wanted in fighting dogs.

While all dogs can be aggressive, dogs in general resemble their breed traits. Bullys were bred to be fighters. Ignore that fact at your own risk.
VikingNik
AG
Builder93 said:

Welcome to the club. I had one charge my 2 yr old before the owner called it off. Most terrifying moment of my life.

Wow. I don't own a gun but I would go buy one and go kill that dog on the spot if it did that to my little one.
The Shank Ag
Owners have said they will "get rid of it".

I'm telling her not to accept that as an answer and make sure animal control hauls the thing off. Getting rid of it may mean rehoming it, letting it kill again. I was ready to slit the damn things throat myself last night. However the two dead pups had to be examined by a vet because the cops couldn't rule out another way they might have died (before the video footage was shared by other side neighbor).

Whatever. Just send some prayers my sisters way.
gigemJTH12
AG
they should be illegal.
pdc093
The Shank Ag said:

Owners have said they will "get rid of it".

I'm telling her not to accept that as an answer and make sure animal control hauls the thing off. Getting rid of it may mean rehoming it, letting it kill again. I was ready to slit the damn things throat myself last night. However the two dead pups had to be examined by a vet because the cops couldn't rule out another way they might have died (before the video footage was shared by other side neighbor).

Whatever. Just send some prayers my sisters way.
Prayers sent, Shank.
So sorry.
ShinerBlonde
AG
Not interested in changing your mind. I don't own a pit bull and I don't care what you think about them. I had a dog bite incident fairly recently that did not involve a pit bull. Was still an awful experience no matter the breed.
permabull
AG
Hello there
chipotle
Our rott-pitt mix would probably kill you if she wasn't so damn lazy.
tehmackdaddy
AG
The Shank Ag said:

"It's how they are raised, not an inherrent breed issue."

No more. My sister's neighbors, whom seem to be good people that raise animals right, have a pit bull. Yesterday evening it dug its way under their fence, under my sisters fence, hopped a gate, and killed my sisters two dogs. All caught on camera.

I'm done. Get out the pitchforks and torches, haul them all off. Unneeded killing machines.
Well, at least you aren't making a sudden, emotion-based decision that calls for the implementation of an overly-generalized solution. So you have that going for you.
aglaohfour
AG
How awful for your sister. I hope animal control takes it seriously and euthanizes that dog. I've been there myself. Several years ago my mom was dog sitting for me and let my little guy out to potty. Within a couple of minutes, her neighbor's pitull jumped/climbed over their 6ft privacy fence and tore my 5lb dog to pieces. The neighbor never even apologized - told the cops that my dog was "taunting" his through the fence. My blood still boils every time I think about it.
PoohAh97
AG
I was a pit bull "mix" owner--she was super sweet and great indoors. Pretty smart, too. My cousin found her abandoned and very friendly near her work and one thing led to another, now i have this pit bull mix. I went into it pretty determined to never own a pit, but she was pretty okay. I was a little paranoid about the pit bull part.

One time I was on a walk with her in my neighborhood one time and almost before I had time to process it she had a little neighbor dog twixt her jaws, ready to crunch. No warning or growling, just BAM ready to end that little dog. I managed to pull her off before she did anything other than embarrass me, but after that I made sure she stayed under my control around other dogs and people. And frankly she was okay around every other dog and person after that, but nobody's really interested in "mostly".

I think I got that dog when she was like 4 years old. I don't know what her past was like, but she wasn't fearful, she was house trained, etc. That kind of thing is easy to see. Nope, she just got pissed and wanted to snap that little dog like a twig.

On the whole, there's something wrong with them, and it's bred into them on purpose. And whatever you do, don't Notice that plenty of people who own them like it that way.
FCBlitz
I will keep this short for HEPA reasons.

Son had two pit bulls that were family dogs and kennel trained. The dogs were in kennel and let out to go to the restroom like any other time. Dogs snapped and attacks person who always lets them out. These dogs degloved both legs from knee down and arms from the elbows down.

Very sad. Those pit bulls were loving dogs.
Then snap.
Win At Life
AG
I had a shepherd dog that was selectively bred for herding, when he obeyed me it was great. When he didn't obey me, it sucked because I had to herd them myself.

I had a retriever that was selectively bred to retrieve ducks I shot. When he obeyed me it was great. When he didn't' obey me, it sucked because I had to go get the ducks myself.

I had a pit bull that was selectively bred to bite things in the throat until they were dead. When he obeyed me it was great. When he didn't obey me . . . . well, pit bulls get a bad rap, he's the friendliest dog and wouldn't hurt a fly.
PoohAh97
AG
Shepherd dogs will herd you, and that's hilarious too.
FIDO*98*
AG
Wish I had a button that would kill off every last Pit Bull or mix on earth. I'd smash that thing as fast as I could and wouldn't give it a second thought
Bayside Tiger Ag
FIDO*98* said:

Wish I had a button that would kill off every last Pit Bull or mix on earth. I'd smash that thing as fast as I could and wouldn't give it a second thought

Username does NOT check out
Philo B 93
I love dogs, and I've had dogs most of my life. They're a great source of joy and peace.

However, I do encourage all Pit Bull owners to reward their dogs good behavior with with Special Dark Chocolate bars.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
There is a dog park that is part of a local park my kid likes to go to sometimes. The last two times I was there, someone had a pit bull in the dog park and both times, the pit bull aggressively attacked other dogs.
PoohAh97
AG
blindey said:

There is a dog park that is part of a local park my kid likes to go to sometimes. The last two times I was there, someone had a pit bull in the dog park and both times, the pit bull aggressively attacked other dogs.
Yeah man, quick follow up--I was really hoping to leverage my dog to score chicks because i heard the dog parks are thick with them. But no dog park for unpredictable attacky dog.
CaddoAggie96
AG
I'm not sure what I would do to a dog that made its way into my privacy fenced yard and hurt my wiener dogs.
It would most likely involve what happened to Aunt Edna's dog in Vacation.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quanah
If you had two buttons in front of you and one would kill all pitbulls and the other would kill all vegans, but you could only press one, which would you pick?
Ornlu
AG
AngelAg
I feel bully breed owners are the worst too. My cousin and my old co-worker are both those annoying people that post and talk how "pit bulls get a bad rap" and BOTH of them have BAD pits. My cousins dog attacked my sister's chihuahua for no reason (luckily my mom kicked the pit until she let go) and my co-work was telling me how her "baby" doesn't like small dogs and will bite them whenever she sees them so she "can't do to the dog park". HOW ARE THESE GOOD DOGS? My chihuahua and golden would would rather lay down and die than show any aggression.
quanah
Chihuahuas
AngelAg
quanahs
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.