Why are there so many refs on the field?

1,779 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by swc93
flintdragon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm a soccer newb...

Roger Goodell
Blue star for the Worst thread created in 2019
Tecolote
AG
Because when one team has eight and the other only one - and he's in pink no less - it takes a lot to make sure the blue team doesn't cheat.
Claude!
Because the flag's up on the far side against William, as it clearly says on the screen. In that event, the players on the team opposing William are replaced with imposter referees who cheat on behalf of William's team for 140 seconds, at which point they are chased from the arena by trained geese.

You really are new to soccer if you don't know that.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Real answer to terrible thread: Newcastle United wears black and white stripes and has for over 100 years. Soccer refs wear solid color shirts that are differentiated from the teams on the field. Frequently solid black. Football refs wear black and white stripes.
Tecolote
AG
blindey said:

Real answer to terrible thread: Newcastle United wears black and white stripes and has for over 100 years. Soccer refs wear solid color shirts that are differentiated from the teams on the field. Frequently solid black. Football refs wear black and white stripes.
Water is wet. Go figure..
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Claude! said:

Because the flag's up on the far side against William, as it clearly says on the screen. In that event, the players on the team opposing William are replaced with imposter referees who cheat on behalf of William's team for 140 seconds, at which point they are chased from the arena by trained geese.

You really are new to soccer if you don't know that.

Leave William out of this. The flag is up on Willian.
flintdragon
AG
I guess my winky face in OP didn't help some.

Anyway, I knew that but the few minutes I watched the game, my brain still automatically categorized them as refs. LOL.
swc93
AG
Be a funny mascot. The Refs!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.