Anybody here had any run-ins with the in-laws?

6,041 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Rutedown
Bird Poo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cactus Jack said:

My soon to be sister-in-law is incredibly OCD when it comes to cleaning and also spends way too much money on stupid stuff. We were helping her move one day, and I was told to wash my hands before I touched her $600 fancy linen window curtains.

After we finished moving the curtains to the new place I casually asked her if they were machine washable because I may have dragged them through the mud. She flipped out, predictably.

I waited a few minutes before I told her I was just kidding. I was thrown out of the house. Got out of almost a full day of moving.

What a B
The Fife
BackwardsInBoots said:

My parents are older than that.
Exactly, mine are like 10 years older and they don't forget crap.

I forgot to add, the MIL has decided to become an antivaxer but she's passive aggressive about it. Whenever a checkup for one of the kids comes along she makes sure to post a bunch of bullcrap on facebook to try and convince my wife not to do it.

No thanks, we don't want our kids dying of something you get on Oregon Trail.
Satellite of Love
Ginormus Ag said:

FIL and MIL graduated from LSU. We avoided talking about this years game for about a week. My 7 year old son was asked not to talk about the game anymore around Christmas. They are still botching about the refs. Last year they were *****ing about how bad coach O is. This year, it's the O coordinators fault.

So what is it like to have your balls controled by your wife and in her purse?
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
JayAggie
AG
My in-laws are incredible, my family on the other hand is totally nuts.

Biggest complaint about one of my in-laws one of my BIL is ALWAYS on his phone, I mean like every second, during meals, etc. He skips a lot of functions while my SIL brings kids, because he's "working"

Biggest complaint about my family: some are vegan, but don't want you to go to great lengths, but if you do that then complain about no vegan options. if they host the food all sucks because it's vegan. my mom will bring random friends or guys she's dating to Christmas unannounced so now we host every year and say she can't invite anyone. We see my dad maybe about 10 times a year, he's retired. He sleeps about 50% of the time when we see him, like not just falling asleep in a chair, but says he's going to take a nap, he complains how little we see him, he lives 5 hours away. He's only in his 60s, and doesn't work so not sure why he is so tired.
jokershady
AG
combat wombat said:

She should have known better. However, you seem to have made an awfully big deal of it. If it's just you your, wife, and your four-year-old daughter I don't see why it was such a big deal and your daughter would probably have loved having her aunt there.

Not only that, but if she's single she's probably really lonely on Christmas morning. Maybe think of someone other than yourself every once in awhile?
Ha! Wrong.

She's a royal liberal pain in the butt. Never cleans up after herself and thinks she's a parent.

On top of that I get very little time with my kids due to work. So when I'm off I'm unapologetically selfish with the time I spend with my 3 kids.

She wants kids of her own she can lose weight and go get a man somewhere.
Rutedown
I enjoy my inlaws and they help out a lot when they're around, but it's rare as they're always on the move. They live about 3 hours away and are still real active(traveling and camping/hiking) so it's hard to track them down when we're in the area or want to get together. If there was one complaint from the wife and I it would be that they don't see their only grandchild enough. My family fills in the void, but my son is always sadden when her parents leave because he knows it will be a long while.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.