Petition asks Whataburger to stop using Styrofoam cups

3,586 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JABQ04
Swarely
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

More than 50,000 people have signed a petition put out by a Texas environmental group calling on Whataburger to stop using polystyrene cups and containers.

Three groups plan to deliver the petition to three Whataburgers in the state Monday: one copy at its corporate headquarters in San Antonio, one at a restaurant in Corpus Christi and one at a restaurant on Guadalupe Street in Austin.

Environment Texas says about a third of Styrofoam cups end up in the environmen

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/petition-asks-whataburger-to-stop-using-styrofoam-cups/1606795803
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
If I can buy a 64 oz reusable Maroon Whataburger cup I will
Slicer97
AG
I wish they'd bring back those coffee mugs that you could get refilled for a nickle. Anyone else remember those?
Future
Slicer97 said:

I wish they'd bring back those coffee mugs that you could get refilled for a nickle. Anyone else remember those?

Yeah I remember those.

You had to be 55 or older and couldn't use them after 8:30 am.
The Future is here, the Future is now.
Tree Hugger
AG
One of the guys in my office has one of those, I wonder if you can still use them?
ShinerBlonde
AG
Swarely said:

Quote:

More than 50,000 people have signed a petition put out by a Texas environmental group calling on Whataburger to stop using polystyrene cups and containers.

Three groups plan to deliver the petition to three Whataburgers in the state Monday: one copy at its corporate headquarters in San Antonio, one at a restaurant in Corpus Christi and one at a restaurant on Guadalupe Street in Austin.

Environment Texas says about a third of Styrofoam cups end up in the environmen

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/petition-asks-whataburger-to-stop-using-styrofoam-cups/1606795803

Dammit, what do they expect me to cover my outdoor faucets with when it freezes?
toucan82
dr pepper and jim beam in a whataburger cup was my go-to road trip drink in college

here
txags92
AG
I wish they would start using a cup and lid combo that didn't slip put of your hand when you grab it from the top. Can't count how many times over the years that I have dumped a full cup from Whataburger onto the floorboard/console of my truck by accidently grabbing too far up the cup and having the lid pop off. If they can fix that, they can make it out of whatever material they want.
jetch17
AG
FFS
agnerd
AG
I prefer Whataburger and Chick-fil-a because they still use styrofoam cups. If the greenies want a paper cup, there are plenty of other fast food restaurants to choose from.
Duncan Idaho
toucan82 said:

dr pepper and jim beam in a whataburger cup was my go-to road trip drink in college

here

Big red and vodka
Slicer97
AG
You don't get it, do you? You're not allowed to have preferences if they are not the same as their preferences.
Krazykat
AG
We'll be having to carry and use these pretty soon too.

The Lost
I'm still annoyed about the paper straw i had to use for a milkshake the other day in denver. that thing was terrible.
Scimitar
AG
Let me know if there is a protest scheduled. I'll head back for the festivities.
chjoak
AG
WTH good does it to deliver the petition to one of the restaurants? I get corporate office but WTH can the restaurant do? They just use whatever is delivered to them on the truck.

While I don't give two sheets about their use of styrofoam, I am partial to Whataburger doing something about their cups. The current cups are too thin (have witnessed or been a part of too many thumb or straw through the cup incidents) and the lids don't fit well enough.
Slicer97
AG
Memphis that hard up for a good fast food burger that you come back here for a Whataburger thread?
80s Guy
Scimitar said:

Let me know if there is a protest scheduled. I'll head back for the festivities.

And now back to our regularly scheduled mockery of society.
Scimitar
AG
SILENCE! Whataburger rules

Plus I really want to pepper spray libtards
Scimitar
AG
You too goat boy
Slicer97
AG
Well, who doesn't.

Just so you know, the A1 Thick 'n Hearty is back.
toucan82
chjoak said:

WTH good does it to deliver the petition to one of the restaurants? I get corporate office but WTH can the restaurant do? They just use whatever is delivered to them on the truck.

While I don't give two sheets about their use of styrofoam, I am partial to Whataburger doing something about their cups. The current cups are too thin (have witnessed or been a part of too many thumb or straw through the cup incidents) and the lids don't fit well enough.

They probably just want to check out the whataburger by the bay in corpus
80s Guy
Scimitar said:

You too goat boy

Hhhmmmmmmm Cabrito Burger......
Slicer97
AG
Wild Bubba's over in Elroy makes a great cabrito burger. Give that place a try next time you're in the Austin area.
Scimitar
AG
Good to know

And dontcha wish those ANTIFA ******s would come south?
Scimitar
AG
You oughta try the cabrito curry we invented
Slicer97
AG
No, y'all can keep them sum*****es up there. Californians are bad enough.
80s Guy
Scimitar said:

You oughta try the cabrito curry we invented
send me the recipe
EFE
AG
Probably 50,000 Austinites. You know, the ones who pushed to save the baby whales by banning plastic straws one week, and then couldn't be bothered to boil water instead of buying bottled water the next.
Potcake
AG
https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/11/20/asia/indonesia-whale-plastic-scli-intl/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F
Slicer97
AG
Like I said, Californians are bad enough.
Scimitar
AG
Slicer97 said:

No, y'all can keep them sum*****es up there. Californians are bad enough.

You're missing the hilarious opportunities that would be presented.

Think PCU the movie...unleashed
Ragoo
AG
Memphis sucks
TxFig
AG
Wrangler said:

We'll be having to carry and use these pretty soon too.

I left mine at home. Can I reach into her mermaid-bra and grab hers?
--
Chris Barnes
Retired A&M IT geek - now beekeeper
http://www.cornerstonehoneybees.com/
JABQ04
AG
Whataburger cups make the best spit cups after your done with your drink.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.