Seen this F3 crash?

3,388 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Big Cat `93
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
She survived somehow.

PJYoung
AG
My Dad Earl
AG
Ok, this is awful, but how in the hell was she able to participate in this race? Does she have any experience? Does she not know what a brake pedal is??
proc
AG
Female driver!
Builder93
AG
I don't really follow F1, but how is a 17 year old driving a car this fast and I am not?

I need more info. How many other drivers are still doing homework after the race?
swc93
AG
Must of hit a power up she wasn't prepared for at the end of a ramp. Hate those things; hit it wrong, then a freaking banana peel and the next thing you know you are flying off the track.

Or that could have been a short cut tunnel and she just missed it.
aTm2004
AG
When you hear Pottery Barn is having a 3-for1 sale.
Big Cat `93
AG
Another possibility is that she ran up on another car, with her car getting launched because of wheel contact. That's been the cause of some fatal Indycar crashes, such as Dan Wheldon's.
My Dad Earl
AG
swc93 said:

Or that could have been a short cut tunnel and she just missed it.
Ah yes. Real racers always go for the shortcut.

The Collective
AG
I kept waiting for the cloud to drop in and set her back on the track.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
It wasn't an F-1 race, it was F3, which is kind of like the minor leagues for F-1.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
My BF and I were watching the race on TV yesterday when that happened. They didn't make any kind of announcement about the driver or really talk about what happened during the race delay. They kept mentioning they were repairing the fence, but usually when that kind of stuff happens they show a replay or people working on the repairs. The delay took so long and they avoided footage/mentioning the severity of the crash so we were pretty convinced the driver had died. It's a miracle she didn't.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
She is a professional racer, so yeah, she has plenty of experience. Unfortunately, accidents still sometimes happen.

"During the main race, on Lap 4, she made contact with fellow driver Jehan Daruvala, who was reportedly slowing for erroneously-displayed yellow flags on the straight between Mandarin Corner (Turn 3) and Lisboa Bend (Turn 4). This caused her car to spin round out of control, catapulting her into Lisboa Bend at high speed, launching off Sho Tsuboi's car and through the catch-fencing in the process."
HollywoodBQ
AG
That is crazy. Thanks for sharing.
Tomdoss92
AG
now i'm no racing fan or expert, but I don't think that was supposed to happen that way.
The Collective
AG
Also, while those folks caught a cool moment on their phones - how often are you really going to re-watch those videos? I don't get going to an event like this and recording it.
Ag_EE
AG
Not seeing the spinning out of control but a straight line high speed catapult into the fence.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
The car is backwards when it catapults into the fence. The spinning happened out of frame of the video. There is a straightaway before the turn they are making.
NoahAg
Texting and driving.
ac04
what's the deal with women drivers? right guys? lmbo
bac
AG
Yes, I've seen it. On page 1.

https://texags.com/forums/12/topics/3000638
gsp_hunt
She's pretty hot.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
My Dad Earl said:

Ok, this is awful, but how in the hell was she able to participate in this race? Does she have any experience? Does she not know what a brake pedal is??

They brake at 4-5 or more Gs, so you'll be approaching a corner at nearly 200, but stop quickly enough to make the turn.

If you're airborne, though, there's nothing to slow you down.

I assume she ran up someone's rear tire and was never slowed from straightaway speed. Front tires hitting rear tires almost always sends the rear car flying.
Burrus86
AG
I guarantee that she was looking in the mirror to apply her lipstick and wasn't paying attention to the road ahead!
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Builder93 said:

I don't really follow F1, but how is a 17 year old driving a car this fast and I am not?

I need more info. How many other drivers are still doing homework after the race?

Max Verstappen was 17 when he got into the Red Bull F1 seat. He's like 20 now and is 4th best driver on the grid, will definitely win world championships in the next couple of seasons.

Edit for spelling
BackwardsInBoots
AG
He also has the benefit of having a racing champion for a father.
BurnetAggie99
Rule 1

Builder93
AG
BackwardsInBoots said:

It wasn't an F-1 race, it was F3, which is kind of like the minor leagues for F-1.
Well, there's my answer.

*Googles "Oldest age to start racing F3 races"*
Cromagnum
AG
BackwardsInBoots said:

She is a professional racer, so yeah, she has plenty of experience. Unfortunately, accidents still sometimes happen.

"During the main race, on Lap 4, she made contact with fellow driver Jehan Daruvala, who was reportedly slowing for erroneously-displayed yellow flags on the straight between Mandarin Corner (Turn 3) and Lisboa Bend (Turn 4). This caused her car to spin round out of control, catapulting her into Lisboa Bend at high speed, launching off Sho Tsuboi's car and through the catch-fencing in the process."

LOL at 17, no she doesn't.
Slicer97
AG
nm
CharlieBrown17
AG
You don't just luck into a formula 3 car, I'd hazard a guess she had been racing Kart for at least 8, probably 10 years.

The road to F1 is ridiculous and while you might not show up a seasoned F1 driver, you're an experienced racing driver before you step on the grid.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
Cromagnum said:

BackwardsInBoots said:

LOL at 17, no she doesn't.

She's been racing since she was 5
Al Bula
AG
Nope haven't seen it already on texags or national news
Big Cat `93
AG
At least they didn't have a tractor on the course.

Errant tractor sparked Mikkelsen crash

Or some dude in an SUV.

Close shave for Rossi at Baja 1000
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.