States with the worst drivers

2,291 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Bondag
Grapesoda2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1) Florida

I don't know what else. Is Texas in the top 5 or top 10?
Dr.Rumack
1b) New Mexico.
Mayor West
AG
California. Even the slightest rain and all highways are basically shut down...plus lots of Asians.
Seven Costanza
AG
Bruce Almighty
AG
Texas - really just Houston, but H-Town has the worst drivers in the country.
Grapesoda2525
DFW is pretty bad too.

It seems like we have 3 types of drivers

1) the slug who drives 10-15 under the speed limit in the left lane. Usually these people are texting, putting makeup on in traffic, shaving, or just terrible behind the wheel.

2) the hot rod in a pickup truck. Trucks are popular in Texas, but it seems like everyone around here who drives one is VERY aggressive. I will be going 10 over the posted speed limit and these people still end up tailgating me.

3) normal good drivers

It's an interesting mix on the roads everyday.
Chickenhawk
2. Georgia
superunknown
AG
Never seen anything like south Florida.
Ag 11
AG
Asia
Grapesoda2525
I guess california would be up there too because of high population and lots of Asian women.
BostonAg74
When I first moved to Boston, people would ask me, "Which has the worst drivers: Dallas or Boston?" I told them that Boston drivers drive like there is nobody else on the road. Dallas drivers also drive like there is nobody else on the road, but they're keeping score.
Snake
AG
NY/NJ. Not even close. They don't care about lanes, shoulders, merging, anything....
Ragoo
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

i love to hate on Houston but the drivers are pretty good. Very aggressive but overall good.

Worst is Memphis
Bruce Almighty
AG
Snake said:

NY/NJ. Not even close. They don't care about lanes, shoulders, merging, anything....
I thought about NY and then I realized that with as many times as I've been there, I've never seen a single car accident. That's pretty amazing with all those cars jammed into such as small place.
The Fife
Houston, they're both highly aggressive and highly stupid. That's a bad combo.

And this is compared to my driving experience in Central America, Mexico, and all up and down the east and west coast.
LeonardSkinner
Grapesoda2525 said:

1) Florida

I don't know what else. Is Texas in the top 5 or top 10?

I don't know what your deal is with Florida, but it seems like every time you say something about it, you end up wrong.

But the reason Florida drivers suck is because half of them are from somewhere else. All the bad habits from everywhere else get put into a steam cooker and the result is a noxious mess.
Builder93
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Snake said:

I thought about NY and then I realized that with as many times as I've been there, I've never seen a single car accident. That's pretty amazing with all those cars jammed into such as small place.
Last time I was in NY I saw a guy go from stopped to creasing his right front fender against the stopped car in front of him as he tried to pull around him. It was a bizarre slow speed wreck. Right across the street from the south entrance to Central Park.

However, it is impressive how they generally can fit through the tightest spaces without hitting each other. You just have to make sure to use proper hand gesture.
swc93
AG
It is Florida. Even when I lived in Georgia; the worst drivers there had Florida tags.
Unemployed
AG
TIL that everybody on TexAgs is a great driver!!

Odds are that just like the populace, some of you are shtty drivers, too.
Ragoo
AG
Drunk is probably the worst state to drive in
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

2) the hot rod in a pickup truck. Trucks are popular in Texas, but it seems like everyone around here who drives one is VERY aggressive. I will be going 10 over the posted speed limit and these people still end up tailgating me.

This is our polite way of telling you to get the **** out of the left lane.
tx1c
AG
No matter when or where, the right answer is:

The state where I'm driving right now.
ArlingtonAg2015
AG
Not a state...but Washington, D.C.
Rusty GCS
AG
Louisiana has highest instance rates so they've gotta he high on the list (although most of that is because of uninsured drivers)
Chickenhawk
You know, as much as we gripe about other Americans driving, no one in the states is as bad as Iraqis.

HBCanine08
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

I'll admit that Houston drivers are bad, but DFW drivers are the absolute worst. Visitors have pointed out things to me that I notice on a regular basis: driving under the speed limit on the highway, slamming on the brakes for no reason (no car in front of them), leaving a huge gap between them and the next car with enough room for two 18-wheelers.

It's like there's a 24-hour school zone in effect. The roads here sure as hell don't help either with lanes merging without a warning and random ass roundabouts where there shouldn't be one.
Tatem
Houston drivers are the worst!

Drives up north aren't too bad. At least they know how to drive in the snow
Bondag
AG
GeorgiaAg85 said:

You know, as much as we gripe about other Americans driving, no one in the states is as bad as Iraqis.

What was wrong with that? Better than a flashing red light in the US.
Carlo4
AG
Costco parking lot
Pepper Brooks
AG
Cook County IL no contest
NRH ag 10
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

This is our polite way of telling you to get the **** out of the left lane.

It's the passing lane, not the "let the person who wants to speed the most in the front" lane
OregonAggie
AG
Houston followed closely by DFW...so Texas. San Antonio drivers aren't the worst but they're annoying as hell.

Houston - Aggressive, fast, and love to tailgate.
Dallas - aggressive, fast, and most people up there think changing lanes at 90 MPH every 500 feet is a good idea.
SA - slow as **** and won't ever get their 50MPH asses out of the fast lane.
Unemployed
AG
Tatem said:

Houston drivers are the worst!

Drives up north aren't too bad. At least they know how to drive in the snow
Yep...so shocking that someone who lives in a place that snows 6 months out of the year would know how to drive in that type of weather.
Bondag
AG
OregonAggie said:

Houston followed closely by DFW...so Texas. San Antonio drivers aren't the worst but they're annoying as hell.

Houston - Aggressive, fast, and love to tailgate.
Dallas - aggressive, fast, and most people up there think changing lanes at 90 MPH every 500 feet is a good idea.
SA - slow as **** and won't ever get their 50MPH asses out of the fast lane.
The San Antonio drivers probably don't have a license so they go 50MPH so they don't get pulled over for speeding and deported.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.