Need help settling an argument with my wife!

5,355 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by aeon-ag
Scoopen Skwert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've seeped through before. Really makes you think.

And he's now 16.
ajn142
AG
Reservoir Dog said:

Link to wife.jpg

See if this works!

OP delivers.
Reservoir Dog
Beautiful stated, I appreciate you and all the others sharing your wisdom!
Drawkcab
Tonto Goldstein 93 said:

I've seeped through before. Really makes you think.

And he's now 16.

Probably not as yummy as Star Burst flavor leakage.
Dad
AG
I have known this since I was a little kid. Did the OP not ever go trick or treating as a kid? That's the way that I found out by leaving all of my candy in one bowl and having the chocolate start to taste like it was mixed with other flavors and ruining it.

I have my kids separate chocolate candy from other candy on Halloween night. There is still some seepage that goes on but it's not as bad.
MooreTrucker
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

Sorry dude. The wife is right this time. The only way to avoid the seepage is to eat all the starbursts in 3-4 weeks days.
FIFY
MooreTrucker
AG
DrZ said:

Boys I have been married a long time.
The best way to handle it is that she makes 100% of the small decisions, of which starburst vs. dove would certainly fall in that category.
I make 100% of big decisions...fortunately we have yet to have had to make a big decision.
It is working well so far. 35 years and counting.
Yes, dear.
No, dear.
Right away, dear.
Sorry, dear, it was all my fault.

The secret words to a happy marriage.
MooreTrucker
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

MooreTrucker said:

DrZ said:

The best way to handle it is that she makes 100% of the small decisions, of which starburst vs. dove would certainly fall in that category.
I make 100% of big decisions...fortunately we have yet to have had to make a big decision.
Yes, dear.
No, dear.
Right away, dear.

Beta males
Married 36 years.
DrZ
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

MooreTrucker said:

DrZ said:

Yes, dear.
No, dear.
Right away, dear.

Beta males
Beta Males?
I don't even know what that means.
Dark Helmet
I don't understand why you want to argue with a woman. All that will happen is that she will get upset when you defeat her with logically flawless arguments and remove your access to her holes. Best just to smile and nod and pat her on the head and give her a piece of candy. Or snack cake, in this instance.
DevilD77
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

Over time the flavors will seep through. Usually takes a few weeks. (3+). My MIL has a candy basket and mixes them and the chocolate always tastes of starbursts (yuck).

Have you ever noticed how powerful the smell of starbursts are even before they are unwrapped? It's the flavorings seeping our of the folds of the wrapper.

Since both are unsealed individual wrappings the flavor of the starbursts will inevitably find their way into the chocolates.

Sorry dude. The wife is right this time. The only way to avoid the seepage is to eat all the starbursts in 3-4 weeks.
And even if this wasn't true, you would still be wrong because, you know, she's the wife. The husband is always wrong! And my wife told me I could say that!
TxFig
AG
Reservoir Dog said:

Thanks in advance for the help Ags!

We have a candy basket in our pantry that usually has candy, snacks, and yes... Little Debbie's!

My wife asked me to stop pouring in the individually wrapped Dove Chocolates because they are sitting next to the individually wrapped Starbursts.

She says the flavor from the Starbursts are seeping through their wrapper... through the aluminum wrapped Dove Chocolates... and making the Chocolates taste fruity.

My question, is it possible for flavor to seep through 2 separate packages (one of which is aluminum) to contaminate the flavor of the other???

Depends on how much time?

Decades - sure, your wife could be right.
Any "normal" length of time for snack to be in a pantry? No way in hell.

That said - she controls the vagina in the relationship. So she wins.
--
Chris Barnes
Retired A&M IT geek - now beekeeper
http://www.cornerstonehoneybees.com/
MouthBQ98
AG
Dark chocolate can taste faintly fruity.

Milk chocolate is just nasty.
Positraction
AG
My wife and I have the same arrangement: She decides the small stuff like where we live, what we drive and how we spend our money. I help Trump with world peace. Been working marvelously for 34 years.
goatchze
AG
Reservoir Dog said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Over time the flavors will seep through. Usually takes a few weeks. (3+). My MIL has a candy basket and mixes them and the chocolate always tastes of starbursts (yuck).

Have you ever noticed how powerful the smell of starbursts are even before they are unwrapped? It's the flavorings seeping our of the folds of the wrapper.

Since both are unsealed individual wrappings the flavor of the starbursts will inevitably find their way into the chocolates.

Sorry dude. The wife is right this time. The only way to avoid the seepage is to eat all the starbursts in 3-4 weeks.

This is most helpful, it looks like I owe my wife an apology! Thank you for posting!
Whoa whoa whoa! Slow down their partner. You don't apologize for something like this. You have two possible courses of action instead:

1) Act like you had been saying the two shouldn't be mixed all along and thought she was the one that wanted them mixed.
2) Stop buying one of the types of candy for some period of time and never bring up the matter again.

ETA: There is a third possible option, which is to maintain your position indefinitely and initiate mental warfare. Get some of your friends in on it. Get some of her friends in on it. Have them try the candy and swear there is no cross contamination. Convince her of this, then the issue will go away on its own. Note: While this method may produce the best results, it carries more risk.
the pit man
There are many ways to argue with a woman, but none of them work
Mayor West
AG
the pit man said:

There are many ways to argue with a woman, but none of them work

Get her mom to make the argument on your behalf
Dr.Rumack
One woman two bowls. How small is this closet of a pantry anyways?
Holly Golightly
AG
I'm a little Debbie
Dr.Rumack
If you're a Swiss Roll, I'd eat you.
aeon-ag
Reservoir Dog said:

Thanks in advance for the help Ags!

We have a candy basket in our pantry that usually has candy, snacks, and yes... Little Debbie's!

My wife asked me to stop pouring in the individually wrapped Dove Chocolates because they are sitting next to the individually wrapped Starbursts.

She says the flavor from the Starbursts are seeping through their wrapper... through the aluminum wrapped Dove Chocolates... and making the Chocolates taste fruity.

My question, is it possible for flavor to seep through 2 separate packages (one of which is aluminum) to contaminate the flavor of the other???

Both thoughtful and smart a$$ responses are welcome!!!
Settle an argument with your wife, IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.