Plane crash in Fredericksburg today

3,365 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MooreTrucker
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I live outside of town, but had to make a run to the HEB this afternoon. As I pulled into the parking lot, I watched a vintage P-51 do a bunch of barrel rolls and loops over the park next to the HEB. I thought it was very cool, and I figured it had something to do with the museum here.

I go do my shopping, and head down Creek St towards home, only to see the wreckage of the plane in the apartment complex there. Pilot and his passenger, a WWII vet both dead. One of the cops that I talked to told me that eye witnesses said it appeared the plane had engine trouble.
BlueMiles
PA24
AG
No fire probably means fuel exhaustion.

What sadness!
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
So few WWII vets left
TyHolden
AG
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/texas/article/World-War-II-era-plane-crashes-into-an-apartment-13401941.php
Long Live Sully
AG
I was by there about 4:30 headed home from the HEB too. Sad deal.
Enviroag02
AG
Pecos Bill P-51. This plane and it's pilot gave free rides to Purple Heart recipients. Very sad!
Swarely
That's terrible.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace

Not worth the convo from here on out.
MooreTrucker
AG
I saw that on the news here in Lubbock this morning. They did a feature on that pilot recently because of his taking the vets on those flights.

Sad deal.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.