Pitbull strikes again

4,101 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by permabull
Hewey Calloway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How does the GB feel about this?
https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Police-dog-fatally-shot-while-attacking-puppy-at-local-dog-park-500756551.html
cisgenderedAggie
Let's have a real good time.
riverrataggie
AG
Al Bula
AG
I honestly saw this thread and was like I know ya want me
Geralt of Rivia
S
cisgenderedAggie said:

Let's have a real good time.

Dale
Stat Monitor Repairman
Case closed.

Its all in the game yo.
BadAttitude
And again.....

https://www.chronicleonline.com/news/local/five-day-old-girl-dies-after-being-attacked-by-family/article_994dfb1a-e85d-11e8-a528-afbd3815c756.html
TxSquarebody
My son had a chunk taken out of his arm last Tuesday after saving 4 pits from a burning house. He carried them outside and afterwards one jumped the fence to attack him.
Floor it until you see God
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
1, 2, 3,... Here comes the "it's how you raise them. I know a sweetheart pit that wouldn't hurt a fly."
chipotle
Jack Cheese
AG
DrHeadShrink said:

1, 2, 3,... Here comes the "it's how you raise them. I know a sweetheart pit that wouldn't hurt a fly."

It's really not possible to selectively breed characteristics in animals, you know.
quanah
We should ban pit bulls. Or at least establish pit bull free zones, ban assault pit bulls, and put a limit on how many legs they can have.
decent looking Ag
One less pit bull in the world is a good thing. It should be open season on them, anywhere, any time. Eliminate them from existence.
GMM
Sad that the puppy died too
permabull
AG
quanah
Agreed, America allows too many freedoms, the government doesn't have enough control over our lives. People will continue to get hurt if our government doesn't protect us from bad things like dogs and guns.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
I'd like to shake the man's hand that shot that dog.

Hewey Calloway
AG
The KBTX Facebook thread was pretty interesting. Apparently the owner of the pit never tried to intervene and never collected their dead dog.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
Are you sure it wasn't a baby bunny?
Street_Cred_Norm
I feel the same way about liberals.
If your child grows up to be a Liberal, you've failed as a parent.
The Fife
quanah said:

We should ban pit bulls. Or at least establish pit bull free zones, ban assault pit bulls, and put a limit on how many legs they can have.
They'll do it differently in California and only allow two legs per owner.
Cancelled
AG
Jack Cheese said:

DrHeadShrink said:

It's really not possible to selectively breed characteristics in animals, you know.

What? I had a lab that I never trained to hunt, but the first time I shot a dove he retrieved it. I had a basset hound and I tried the same thing - he did nothing. Have you ever seen what an Aussie Shepherd does around cattle? Are you saying certain characteristics aren't inherent in dogs because of breeding? If that's the case, think you are wrong.

That said, I'm a pitbull (American bully) owner. I haven't seen any meanness or angerin him. At the dog park he plays well with others and often is submissive. He plays rough with me but when we wrestle he shows amazing bite restraint - he can put his mouth on my arm and slightly bite down - his jaws could probably bite my arm off.

PJYoung
AG
Jonathan Taylor Thomas said:

Sad that the puppy died too

Unless it was a pitbull puppy?

Sniffing Accountant
AG
RicoShagnasty said:

And again.....

https://www.chronicleonline.com/news/local/five-day-old-girl-dies-after-being-attacked-by-family/article_994dfb1a-e85d-11e8-a528-afbd3815c756.html

But they were nanny dogs

/everypitbullowner
Jack Cheese
AG
queso1 said:

Jack Cheese said:

DrHeadShrink said:

What? I had a lab that I never trained to hunt, but the first time I shot a dove he retrieved it. I had a basset hound and I tried the same thing - he did nothing. Have you ever seen what an Aussie Shepherd does around cattle? Are you saying certain characteristics aren't inherent in dogs because of breeding? If that's the case, think you are wrong.

That said, I'm a pitbull (American bully) owner. I haven't seen any meanness or angerin him. At the dog park he plays well with others and often is submissive. He plays rough with me but when we wrestle he shows amazing bite restraint - he can put his mouth on my arm and slightly bite down - his jaws could probably bite my arm off.

You can no more breed dogs for aggression than you can breed them for "powerful jaws". It's all based on how you raise them.
pants
What about the fact that someone pulled out a gun and fired it around many other panicked people when no one's life was in danger? Sounds pretty irresponsible to me, but I wasn't there. Maybe the person who was bit was actually getting attacked enough to fear for their lives.
decent looking Ag
Street_Cred_Norm said:

I feel the same way about liberals.

110% agree. Eradicate them both.
Rutedown
pants said:

What about the fact that someone pulled out a gun and fired it around many other panicked people when no one's life was in danger? Sounds pretty irresponsible to me, but I wasn't there. Maybe the person who was bit was actually getting attacked enough to fear for their lives.
Yeah, miss the dog and accidentally shoot the other dog or someones foot or a bullet ricochet.
maverick12
AG
Jack Cheese said:

queso1 said:

Jack Cheese said:

DrHeadShrink said:

You can no more breed dogs for aggression than you can breed them for "powerful jaws". It's all based on how you raise them.
This is so insanely wrong, I don't even know where to start.
oldschool87
AG
pants said:

Not sure if you are serious or not.

But if you are, you ARE part of the problem!

The owner of the gun, had a license to carry the gun. He had to pass a class in which he had to shoot 500 rounds thru his gun. He is what is known as a responsible person. Well at least a responsible gun owner.

That is obviously far more than we can say for the dog owner.

People were not panicked, they were trying to save a dogs life! The only panicked person there would have been you...

I to would like to shake the man's hand who shot the damn dog. Very sad that a dog, 2 dogs lost there lives, but damn proud of that man!
PeekingDuck
AG
I'm all for shooting pit bulls, but I don't think a license requires 509 rounds through your gun unless they've changed something recently. That's a pretty expensive requirement for licensure with many calibers.
quanah
I don't remember the exact number of rounds you have to shoot for your test, but I took the class with three women, all of whom had little to no experience with guns, and they were all able to pass the test pretty easily.
Cancelled
AG
maverick12 said:

Jack Cheese said:

queso1 said:

Jack Cheese said:

DrHeadShrink said:

This is so insanely wrong, I don't even know where to start.

I agree. There are some breeds that are agressive. There was even a study done on it. However, contrary to the opinions of pearlclutchers, pitbulls aren't near the top of the list of aggressive dogs.
Jack Cheese
AG
All I'm saying is a dog is a dog. All my fur babies start out sweet and stay that way, just like yours queso.

People say that dogs are "bred" for this or that. It's just not true or scientific.
Cancelled
AG
Jack Cheese said:

All I'm saying is a dog is a dog. All my fur babies start out sweet and stay that way, just like yours queso.

People say that dogs are "bred" for this or that. It's just not true or scientific.

I see what you are saying, but wouldn't you agree that a chihuahua is a district breed from a mastif? And wouldn't you agree that a mastiff is going to have a much more serious and powerful bite that a chihuahua?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.