Nerd board - Nintendo Switch

15 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by agz win
TexasRebel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Isn't there actually a nerd board?
agz win
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm actually an Intellivision game kind of guy. Oh, and I'm undefeated in all the sports games so suck it.

I've actually played Switch quite a bit with a neighbor's 7 year old and his family. Mostly played the Mario car racing game. Tons of fun and graphics and interest levels are fantastic. It's addicting.

So addicting that their 7 year old over focused on playing. Home or traveling, where ever, the kid was obsessed with it and was getting to a point that he would have meltdowns if he didn't win or even screwed up.

The parents tried limiting his time on it, just letting him play it on weekends, but his frustrations in not winning and beating the system were greatly increasing.

The parents ended up taking the game away and putting it in the closet for later on down the road. When i found out I expected to see the kid upset about the loss of the game but he was perfectly fine with it being out of his life.

tldnr: Be careful on intense your kid gets involved with Switch.

footnote: I'd love the game myself but don't need another diversion on getting up off the couch. I'm learning guitar, instead.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.