Bracing for "Happy Holidays"

4,677 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GoneGirl
GoneGirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There are some angry people on here.

"If you're in the midst of a midlife crisis, you could buy a convertible, have an affair, or upgrade your cup size. But you'll probably be happiest if you save a dog's life." - Jen Lancaster
BombayAg
TxElsie said:

Yeah,. People should just chill out.

We are talking about Jesus and Krishna. Divine personalities.

So just calm down and sing HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA with me.

GoneGirl
AG
BombayAg said:

TxElsie said:

Yeah,. People should just chill out.

We are talking about Jesus and Krishna. Divine personalities.

So just calm down and sing HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA with me.

"If you're in the midst of a midlife crisis, you could buy a convertible, have an affair, or upgrade your cup size. But you'll probably be happiest if you save a dog's life." - Jen Lancaster
superunknown
AG
Lex said:

I read this as

Happy Endings.

Not Holidays.
chipotle
They're called Christmas lights and Christmas trees NOT holiday lights and holiday trees
HBCanine08
AG
Holly Golightly said:

Happy hollgans
Happiest time of the year (or day or week, whenever they come)
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
TxElsie said:

I feel like this post is shallow and fails at being appropriately inclusive. There is literally zero mention of Kwanzaa and not a single mention of wishing a solemn and dignified Ramadan. Poster that posted this must be a racist Islamophobe.
MooreTrucker
AG
blindey said:

TxElsie said:

I feel like this post is shallow and fails at being appropriately inclusive. There is literally zero mention of Kwanzaa and not a single mention of wishing a solemn and dignified Ramadan. Poster that posted this must be a racist Islamophobe.
Ummmm...Kwanzaa is on the chart, third fro the left, top row.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
MooreTrucker said:

blindey said:

TxElsie said:

It's still islamophobic
MooreTrucker
AG
blindey said:

MooreTrucker said:

blindey said:

TxElsie said:

It's still islamophobic
Your mom's islamophobic.
30wedge
MooreTrucker said:

Christmas is a day.

"Holidays" includes at least New Year's Day, and even Thanksgiving up to a point, even if you don't want to recognize Kwanzaa, etc.

And FTR, Xmas is NOT a "wrong" replacement for Christmas. It's just shorthand. The "X" represents the Greek letter chi which is part of Chi Rho which represents Christ.

C-mas, OTOH, is just stupid.
Got a card from some investment advisor firm with which we share three mutual clients. It said "Wishing You A bountiful Thanksgiving a Joyful Holiday Season And A Very Prosperous New Year."

They couldn't bring themselves to use the word Christmas at all.
GoneGirl
AG
30wedge said:

MooreTrucker said:

Christmas is a day.

"Holidays" includes at least New Year's Day, and even Thanksgiving up to a point, even if you don't want to recognize Kwanzaa, etc.

And FTR, Xmas is NOT a "wrong" replacement for Christmas. It's just shorthand. The "X" represents the Greek letter chi which is part of Chi Rho which represents Christ.

C-mas, OTOH, is just stupid.
Got a card from some investment advisor firm with which we share three mutual clients. It said "Wishing You A bountiful Thanksgiving a Joyful Holiday Season And A Very Prosperous New Year."

They couldn't bring themselves to use the word Christmas at all.
Maybe they aren't Christian.
GoneGirl
AG
The bigger offender is not using commas and Capitalizing Every Word.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.