Talk to me about counter top stand mixers

7,588 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Dr.Rumack
Aston04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now down to $175 for red base model-- posted on slickdeals-

https://slickdeals.net/f/12253684-kitchenaid-4-5-quart-tilt-head-stainless-stand-mixer-empire-red-175-free-s-h?src=frontpage

Chase
AG
You don't want the tilt head if you can avoid it. The versions that lift are made much better.
SACR
AG
Chase said:

You don't want the tilt head if you can avoid it. The versions that lift are made much better.

I've had no issues with the tilt head.
---------------------------------------------------
"Now you're suggesting uncleanliness during a viral outbreak? What other great ideas you got Typhoid Mary[?]"

jamey, 3/13/20

-------------------------------------------------

"They log into each other's accounts and post. They probably are two different people but that doesn't matter much when you log into other peoples accounts."
Chase
AG
SACR said:

Chase said:

Not everyone will and it usually has to do with how you use it, honestly. There are pros and cons to each but the lifts are built as a single piece and tend to shake a lot less in our experience.

TILT
PRO - Easier to change out a mixing attachment without removing the bowl (not needed, typically)
PRO - The machine is lighter
PRO - The machine isn't as tall so it fits under some shorter counters more easily when NOT tilted
CON - They are usually 5qt instead of 6qt or 7qt
CON - The stronger motors aren't usually available in these
CON - The machine shakes a good bit more on heavier mixing

LIFT
PRO - Electronic speed control
PRO - Bigger mixing volume
PRO - Stronger motor
PRO - Most are all steel gears/gearbox now
CON - You have to remove the attachment before removing the bowl
CON - Heavier
CON - More expensive
62strat
AG
So now she's torn between red and grey. I purchased both so they're sitting here on our kitchen floor and she doesn't know which one she wants hah.
Chase
AG
62strat said:

So now she's torn between red and grey. I purchased both so they're sitting here on our kitchen floor and she doesn't know which one she wants hah.
I'm sensing another kitchen being built in your home for the second mixer. Congrats!
Dr.Rumack
SACR said:

Chase said:

Similar to road head?
Dr.Rumack
Get her a Toto Toilet instead.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.