Business Lounge in Istanbul...

4,663 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BenFiasco14
tamuangry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
...is incredible. That is all.
Claude!
What about the one in Constantinople?
Ag_EE
AG
tamuangry said:

...is incredible. That is all.

THIS
Bayside Tiger Ag
As nice as Al Mourjan in Qatar?
aggieforester05
AG
Post pics of the dancing girls.
RVAg02
AG
Claude! said:

It's nobody's business but the Turks.
FightinTexasAggie08
You know how I know you haven't actually gone? Because while the lounge should be awesome, fighting off 30 million Turks, bedouins and indopakis for a free seat makes it difficult to enjoy.

Never been there when it hasn't been a damn mosh pit
Tecolote
AG
It's your first time or actually not there. An international airport in Istanbul has many business lounges - different airlines, private, etc. All range from very nice to mediocre. You just say "business lounge" but not which one.
FightinTexasAggie08
Tecolote said:

It's your first time or actually not there. An international airport in Istanbul has many business lounges - different airlines, private, etc. All range from very nice to mediocre. You just say "business lounge" but not which one.

The Turkish airlines business lounge is "the" business lounge and internationally renowned. It is indeed an awesome set-up but is ridiculously crowded with all manner of 3rd worlders to be comfortable.
tk for tu juan
Is that the Aggie game watching place in Istanbul?
Al Bula
AG
Sullys Guy said:

The Turkish airlines business lounge is "the" business lounge and internationally renowned. It is indeed an awesome set-up but is ridiculously crowded with all manner of 3rd worlders to be comfortable.
stinky third worlders are the worst.
Aggie87
AG
Claude! said:

Istanbul (not Constantinople).
Ag_EE
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Is that the Aggie game watching place in Istanbul?

Istanbul is the new Rome
TheFirebird
AG
Sullys Guy said:

Tecolote said:

I've been through that lounge many, many times and had long layovers of 10+ hours. Never had an issue with crowding, save maybe one time for just a few hours. The olive bar and pide stands slay. And the endless liquor.

Of course, I was travelling between Karachi and Tashkent that year and a half so my standards may have been a bit off.
LupinusTexensis
Turkish air is my favorite airline. Such good food.

Never go to a bathroom in that airport that isn't in a lounge. Definitely a sketchy place to pee for such a busy airport.
I Play With Guns
S
So bummed that airport is closing! And as always, will totally miss that biz lounge there and buying my YSL Manifesto perfume @ duty free.

Can't wait to go back to Istanbul to check out the new airport!! Supposed to be world class!
Wildcat
AG
If it's too crowded, I recommend the Saudi Consulate.
chipotle
*sniff

Smells like poor people in here
MouthBQ98
AG
I have been there. Flew on Turkish air, too. It was interesting, but I dont recall anything really notable. Then my employer sent me to Nouakchott. That was about polar opposite.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Why do you people wait in these lounges? Is something wrong with your jets?
aggieforester05
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Why do you people wait in these lounges? Is something wrong with your jets?
I only frequent them when my G650 is undergoing it's annual maintenance and I have to slum it with the commoners in international first class. Disgusting situation all around, but I can't stand hiring charters.
FightinTexasAggie08
MouthBQ98 said:

I have been there. Flew on Turkish air, too. It was interesting, but I dont recall anything really notable. Then my employer sent me to Nouakchott. That was about polar opposite.

Turkish Air has a very nice business class product and the cost is peanuts. Houston to Dubai via Istanbul is around 3500 on Turkish, and 8k on Emirates
MouthBQ98
AG
Food was good, I do remember that.
ChemEAg08
AG
LupinusTexensis said:

Turkish air is my favorite airline. Such good food.

Never go to a bathroom in that airport that isn't in a lounge. Definitely a sketchy place to pee for such a busy airport.

I didn't have the best experience with them back in 2013. That being said i was riding in coach and it was cheap, so I can't complain too much.
gambochaman
AG
TheFirebird said:

Sullys Guy said:

Tecolote said:

I've been through that lounge many, many times and had long layovers of 10+ hours. Never had an issue with crowding, save maybe one time for just a few hours. The olive bar and pide stands slay. And the endless liquor.

Of course, I was travelling between Karachi and Tashkent that year and a half so my standards may have been a bit off.
same here. i have never had issues with crowds in that lounge...the airport in general, yes, but not the lounge

the Pide is seriously otherwordly
proc
AG
Look at me I travel internationally.
Sniffing Accountant
AG
Make Istanbul Constantinople Again
Dr.Rumack
Much better than the American Express Lounge in Denver
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
gambochaman said:

same here. i have never had issues with crowds in that lounge...the airport in general, yes, but not the lounge
The only crowding issue I've ever had in that lounge is when I want to play a game of pool and some jabroni's kids are fooling around with the pool table. Seriously first world type problems.

The other thing about that lounge that is fantastic is that for passengers departing initially from Istanbul, there is a special line for passport control instead of having to use the poor people line.
BenFiasco14
AG
You haven't lived if you haven't had connecting legs in JFK and IST en route to your final destination
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.