Thank God for Aggie vets

3,692 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by chipotle
gif
How long do you want to ignore this user?
/revision/latest?cb=20160713072034
JMac03
AG
I'm glad your pup is okay but man I would have had a hard time looking at that.

ORAggieFan
My four years in Aggieland were spent while my wife went to Vet School. Aggie vets are the best.
MattyAg
AG
It was an ordeal. He got popped on a dove hunt headed out to get a bird. Nearest vet was in San Saba and did not have antivenin. He kept him over night and administered an iv and steroids. Got him home to Richmond the next day and had our Aggie vet check him out. They felt it was too late to administer antivenin and agreed with what 1st vet had done. Said he should pull through but to check his gums and watch for hemorrhaging. Well a day later he was lethargic and had hemorrhaging. Long story short he pulled through after blood and plasma transfusions. Then the fun really began after the necrosis. Try keeping a lab from licking the wounds. Vet finally had to cut a hole in a 5 gallon bucket as he could get the cones off.
Liquid Wrench
chipotle said:

My wife was treating a rott out in odessa that got bit in the head. That poor dog's head was in the shape of a basketball afterward. Didn't make it.
Is your wife a horse doctor?
The Grinder (99)
AG
My wife and I rescued Riley 13 years ago this Thanksgiving. He was here when we brought our kids home from the hospital. He looked after them as if they were his. At night, he'd sleep outside there bedrooms. When they got older and went to school, he would go get their lovies and lay down with them.

I always felt safe having Riley outside when they went out to play, especially when the kids were toddlers.

Riley got bit by a rattler on Wednesday night in our backyard. We got him antivenom within an hour. Two nights in the hospital and he seemed to be recovering. Then he didn't. He died Friday (on my sons birthday). We're all very sad and miss him.

He died protecting our family.

There is nothing that compares to such a good and loyal dog
Jerseyaggie
JMac03
AG
The Grinder (99) said:

My wife and I rescued Riley 13 years ago this Thanksgiving. He was here when we brought our kids home from the hospital. He looked after them as if they were his. At night, he'd sleep outside there bedrooms. When they got older and went to school, he would go get their lovies and lay down with them.

I always felt safe having Riley outside when they went out to play, especially when the kids were toddlers.

Riley got bit by a rattler on Wednesday night in our backyard. We got him antivenom within an hour. Two nights in the hospital and he seemed to be recovering. Then he didn't. He died Friday (on my sons birthday). We're all very sad and miss him.

He died protecting our family.

There is nothing that compares to such a good and loyal dog
I am so very sorry to hear this. Sounds like a great dog.
Athena_09
AG
I'm sorry for your loss.
Bayside Tiger Ag
Milwaukees Best Light said:

There's a pitbull chained to every tree
With a cardboard sign saying pups are free

Underrated post!

Sing it to the following rhythm:

"If I were a flower growin wild and free
All I'd want is for you to be my honeybee"
Ogre09
AG
BlueDeviledAg said:

Milwaukees Best Light said:

There's a pitbull chained to every tree
With a cardboard sign saying pups are free

Underrated post!

Sing it to the following rhythm:

"If I were a flower growin wild and free
All I'd want is for you to be my honeybee"

Wrong beat...
Bayside Tiger Ag
What rhythm would you use instead?
chipotle
ChiliBeans said:

chipotle said:

My wife was treating a rott out in odessa that got bit in the head. That poor dog's head was in the shape of a basketball afterward. Didn't make it.
Is your wife a horse doctor?

Was. Small animal now
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.