On going criminal investigation/case discussion?

9,618 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cisgenderedAggie
aggiepanic95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is there a forum for discussions about new cases or updates to on-going investigations? Recent examples might be the case of the missing girl in Iowa or the recent triple murder by the husband in CO. There doesnt seem to be an existing forum for general crime discussions unless I am overlooking it. If ot, I think that might be a value add to TexAgs forum offerings. Thoughts?
saw em off
Username checks out
Dr.Rumack
Meh...
Arthur Stilwell
That sounds perfect for the politics board.
hillcountryag86
AG
aggiepanic95 said:

Thoughts?

Yes. This is odd.
AggieDarlin
AG
I like the idea of discussing cases, but I doubt an entire forum would be useful.

I like reading https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/
Gateman
AG
Would we go to the Crime forum to discuss wearing cargo shorts?
aggiepanic95
AG
Why is it any more odd than discussing other topics of the day? This is a discussion board.
aggiepanic95
AG
Many cases arent political in nature so dont fall under that forum category.
Ag_07
AG
What an incredibly sad story out of CO.

That POS had the audacity to go on national TV and tell everyone how broken he was, how it was tearing him up, and pleaded for their return knowing what horrible things he did to that women and his little girls.

There is no punishment harsh enough him.
South Platte
aggiepanic95 said:

Is there a forum for discussions about new cases or updates to on-going investigations? Recent examples might be the case of the missing girl in Iowa or the recent triple murder by the husband in CO. There doesnt seem to be an existing forum for general crime discussions unless I am overlooking it. If ot, I think that might be a value add to TexAgs forum offerings. Thoughts?
Right there with you. I've recently been fascinated by the solving of the "hammer murders" from Denver in 1984 using DNA. My wife and I love watching Dateline, 48 Hours, and 20/20. I told her when this episode comes out, we are going to get a babysitter and then go upstairs and watch it.

But I can't believe these dudes that kill their own wife and kids. Especially the guys living in nice houses like his. How does the mind go there?

aggiepanic95
AG
Yeah, like you probably, I watched that raw video of the husband. Cold is all i can say. As the father of two small ones (3 1/2 & 18 months) and another on the way (20 wks), this really hits close to home. I just cant comprehend how someone takes the like out of their own child. Hope this guy burns in hell and has a really rough road in prison before he gets there.
Ag_07
AG
I saw him on World News last night and as soon as I saw him I knew something wasn't right. Just seemed too calm and creepy.

I'm a father of a 20 month old and if my wife and daughter disappeared doing interviews on TV would be the last thing I'd be doing.
AggieDarlin
AG
We can always make an official thread and bump it daily, annoying everyone
gigemags-99
AG
Ag_07 said:

I saw him on World News last night and as soon as I saw him I knew something wasn't right. Just seemed too calm and creepy.

I'm a father of a 20 month old and if my wife and daughter disappeared doing interviews on TV would be the last thing I'd be doing.

These cover up stories always remind me of Ben Stiller in Cableguy.

"He looked Asian and he...he was speaking another language. I'm pretty sure it was...ASIAN..."
saber69
AG
Gateman said:

Would we go to the Crime forum to discuss wearing cargo shorts?

I need to get some new cargo shorts for FB season.
LSB_2002
AG
Whatever happened to the killer in Midlothian that was dressed in the police outfit and walked with a limp????

Think the victims name was Missy or similar.
aggiepanic95
AG
LSB_2002 said:

Whatever happened to the killer in Midlothian that was dressed in the police outfit and walked with a limp????

Missy Beebers (spelling?). Nothing. Case is cold. They received a bunch of tips but nothing that panned out. No suspects or POI as I recall either. Crazy case.
LSB_2002
AG
aggiepanic95 said:

LSB_2002 said:

Missy Beebers (spelling?). Nothing. Case is cold. They received a bunch of tips but nothing that panned out. No suspects or POI as I recall either. Crazy case
Crazy for sure!
PrincessButtercup
AG
LSB_2002 said:

aggiepanic95 said:

LSB_2002 said:

Missy Beebers (spelling?). Nothing. Case is cold. They received a bunch of tips but nothing that panned out. No suspects or POI as I recall either. Crazy case
Crazy for sure!

That video scares the crap out of me. So freaking creepy.
wangus12
AG
I didn't realize that one was never solved. Could have sworn they had someone for it.
AggieDarlin
AG
That case took me down a rabbit hole last night. I saw a video of the husband being interviewed by a news station shortly after learning of his wife's death and his behavior sent up a bunch of red flags. My feeling is that the husband and FIL are behind her death. It's got to be as simple as that...usually is.
lb sand
AG
This one has always bothered me. I think Galveston Co sherrifs made an arrest in 2013 but nothing ever came from it.

Young mother killed on Crystal Beach

Police make arrest in 2013

Beer Baron
AG
Is this the one where she was in the church alone and someone just walked in and killed her?
Beer Baron
AG
The Golden State Killer is a really interesting case that's recently been solved (trial pending). I'll be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara is a great read. It's pretty cool too because she wrote it before he was caught and you can see in a few spots where she had some hunches about that guy that panned out.
SidetrackAg
AG
Beer Baron said:

Is this the one where she was in the church alone and someone just walked in and killed her?
Yes. The victim was Missy Bevers
Who killed Missy Bevers? Year later, fitness instructor's slaying at Midlothian church still unsolved
SidetrackAg
AG
One that gets me is the Rhoden Family killings in Ohio. Happened in 2016, and hasnt been solved
Seven Costanza
AG
I wonder how the Colorado guy did it. I think they said the murders were done in the house. I'm assuming there wasn't any blood because it would have been very obvious when the police entered the house on the day the husband was interviewed.

So that means he drugged/poisoned them or strangled them. Strangling would require to do each individually, which would be logistically difficult. And you would have to be beyond sick to be able to do that to your own family three different times. So I guess it was drugging of some sort.
AggieDarlin
AG
I'm curious to know as well.

And they found their bodies at a site where he was previously employed...this guy is stupid. Evil and stupid.
MonkeyKnifeFighter
AggieDarlin
AG
MonkeyKnifeFighter said:

An ex-GF somehow missed her monthly bail check-in in January

At first I thought you were suggesting she missed her period and I was like...

Liquid Wrench
Some of you might enjoy my true crime podcast, The Flenderson Files.

MonkeyKnifeFighter
PrincessButtercup
AG
AggieDarlin said:

MonkeyKnifeFighter said:

An ex-GF somehow missed her monthly bail check-in in January

At first I thought you were suggesting she missed her period and I was like...

Hahaha why was that gif so freaking perfect
hunterntexas
AG
South Platte said:

But I can't believe these dudes that kill their own wife and kids. Especially the guys living in nice houses like his. How does the mind go there?

I can't imagine doing anything like that to my kid...
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.