anyone here have plantar fasciitis?

6,357 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Girlhowdy
maverick12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Olukai flip flops have great arch support and helped me a lot. They are super helpful in avoiding going barefooted. Also got Ideal Feet insoles which helped. In the end, I dropped a few pounds and it eventually went away, but I still use the insoles and the flip flops.
TPS_Report
AG
Your foot is a GD Nazi!!!!
Build It
AG
Thank me later. Go online and by a hard plastic heel cup that goes in your shoe. Not the soft plastic crap that does nothing. They make a hard plastic one that your heel sits in. Wear it for 2-3 days and you will be cured.

http://patienttherapy.healthcaresupplypros.com/mai525l?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_adwords&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIn9Pi86Su3AIVCA9pCh3n8Qh5EAQYASABEgKP8vD_BwE
LSB_2002
AG
Orthotics!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tex Ag 81
AG
New Balance motion control insoles. Worked better than anything else I have found.
ballchain
Post removed:
by user
BQZIP91
AG
I had it and took Alieve every day for two weeks to get the inflammation down and haven't had it since.
CapCity12thMan
AG
I had it for over four years. What I think finally helped me was extensive stretching, and rotating good quality shoes...I used to keep my shoes for like 2 years and now I get good quality supportive ones about every four months.

Doing the ball under the foot is not going to help unless it is first thing in the morning - very first thing.

oh - and whatever you do, don't walk barefoot anywhere.

wbt5845
AG
Like gaining weight, the best way to deal with it is to do all this preventative stuff before it happens.

I had a bad case flair up this spring after I'd run a couple of half marathons. Finally had to go for an injection in my heel and let me tell you it worked like a charm.

I let the local running store put me in running inserts last fall and I really think that is what caused it to flair up. I'll never use them again in running shoes. Dress shoes yes - exercise shoes no.
riverrataggie
AG
Jerk off more. Not sure why but it's connected somehow.
jopatura
AG
I've also found doing elliptical work or treadmill work on an incline help a lot. When it flares up, I'll get on one for about 15-30 min and the incline really helps stretch out that muscle. It works better then the stretching exercises for me.
Ulrich
The foot bone is collected to the leg bone, and so on for several more bones
Pepper Brooks
AG
I have a chronic case of it resulting from side effects of a foot surgery. Arch supports and a 90 degree brace at night. Ice if I've been on my feet at lot during the day. Hopefully yours goes away.
pilgrim82
AG
Dealt with it for several years, did all the therapy, finally had the surgery. Fine ever since.
Swarely
Build It said:

Thank me later. Go online and by a hard plastic heel cup that goes in your shoe. Not the soft plastic crap that does nothing. They make a hard plastic one that your heel sits in. Wear it for 2-3 days and you will be cured.

http://patienttherapy.healthcaresupplypros.com/mai525l?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_adwords&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIn9Pi86Su3AIVCA9pCh3n8Qh5EAQYASABEgKP8vD_BwE

Uhh what is this witch craft? I bought these on your recommendation and you weren't lying! What's happening that causes it to go away?
Sweet Clementine
AG
I had it for a while and it went away on its own. Now I am 30 weeks pregnant with my second child and it's suddenly back again. Pregnancy can cause weird stuff to happen, so hopefully it will go away once I deliver.
Ulrich
It may just be the extra weight.
Sweet Clementine
AG
I've actually lost weight during the pregnancy. In my first pregnancy I developed carpal tunnel, which can apparently happen due to increased blood volume as well as all of the tendons/ligaments getting looser to facilitate delivery.
Azeew
Google "plantar fasciitis stretching socks".

My son had it and could hardly run at football practice.

This cured it.
Girlhowdy
AG
Swarely said:

Build It said:

Uhh what is this witch craft? I bought these on your recommendation and you weren't lying! What's happening that causes it to go away?

I just ordered this. Does it hurt while it's worn? Looks painful, but I've tried everything so may as well give this a try too.
Another good product for relief on Amazon is the

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000GAAXGK/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
ProStretch"Blue" - The Original Calf Stretcher & Foot Rocker for Plantar Fasciitis, Achilles Tendonitis & Tight Calf Pain (Slip Resistant Bottom)

Gig 'Em, Ags
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.