Hey Bombay

2,606 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dds08
dds08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I keep getting reminded of a time during my undergrad when I had a meal with some buddies over at that Seafood place on University and Highway 6.

After I blessed the food a friend, one of my Indan buddies, caught me off guard when asked he me why I did that and seemed to be disturbed by it. I was speechless so I just apologized to him to make him feel better.

A friend of mine at church had a similar experience.

Why is this so?

Grace doesn't change the food. If he wanted to say a prayer to his own god for the food, he could have said one. I wouldn't care. I'd still go ahead and eat and be merry.

TJJackson
Osho is the only person who may bless things.
Tecolote
AG
Maybe a better question is how this is so common

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-44877729

Tatem
What keeps reminding you of said time?
histag10
AG
Tatem said:

I'm betting OP works in a call center, and every day brings that memory back like PTSD.
dds08
AG
Tatem said:

The ease of taking things for granted is more of a concern than anything else.

What's so bad about being thankful?

Eff me right!
Woody2006
AG
dds08 said:

Tatem said:

What's so bad about being thankful? Eff!

You're not supposed to ask serious questions on the general board.

Also, please don't engage Bombay. We need him to post less, not more.
dds08
AG
Och26-58-87 said:

Maybe a better question is how this is so common

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-44877729

Golly that happened just today!
dds08
AG
Woody2006 said:

dds08 said:

Tatem said:

Well I saw his thread few days ago, about his recent achievement, and his presence is rare over on the R&P board so I came to the best board I could find him, get his attention.

Do we have any other posters from India around here?
Geralt of Rivia
S
OP, how do you think this relates to the Aslan and the Narnia books?
BenFiasco14
AG
dds08 said:

I keep getting reminded of a time during my undergrad when I had a meal with some buddies over at that Seafood place on University and Highway 6.

After I blessed the food a friend, one of my Indan buddies, caught me off guard when asked he me why I did that and seemed to be disturbed by it. I was speechless so I just apologized to him to make him feel better.

Why is this so?

Grace doesn't change the food. If he wanted to say a prayer to his own god for the food, he could have said one. I wouldn't care. I'd still go ahead and eat and be merry.

Bombay literally pulls over to the side of the road and worships cows in pastures. Why do you think his opinion matters?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
John Francis Donaghy
Woody2006 said:

dds08 said:

Tatem said:

Disagree. I love Bombay posts.

Just read all of them like Apu from the Simpsons, and they're funny as hell.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
Bombay is a most valuable poster.
The Fife
He's a fellow survivor of life in the Zachry building, so he gets a pass.
BombayAg
Woody2006 said:

dds08 said:

Tatem said:

You know that's not happening, don't you?
BombayAg
DrHeadShrink said:

Bombay is a most valuable poster.

Thank you Sir.
We all bring in perspectives from various angles.
BombayAg
The Fife said:

He's a fellow survivor of life in the Zachry building, so he gets a pass.
Ol' Zach is gone forever. I left the place 2 decades ago and that was the last I will ever see of it. Anyway, memories remain.

BombayAg
dds08 said:

Why is this so?

Beats me man. As a Hindu, I have no problem with you or anyone else saying a prayer before eating. Most Hindus I know have no problem either, if you do your own thing. Some would have a problem if you tried to interfere with them or come across as pushing your faith on them. Most Hindus I know including myself, have respect for Jesus and consider him to be a good man with divine qualities. But that does not mean we are looking to move away from Hinduism or being a Hindu.

You say "Indian buddy", but you don't say what religion he belongs to. Do you think that he may be a Muslim? Muslims are usually very fussy about stupid things like this. If you don't know, post his first name and I may be able to tell.
BombayAg
BenFiasco14 said:

dds08 said:

Why is this so?

Bombay literally pulls over to the side of the road and worships cows in pastures. Why do you think his opinion matters?

Not to worship cows, but once while driving from CS to Austin, I wanted to pee real bad. No McD in sight so I pulled over to the side of the road and took a leak.
Thank God no racist redneck police drove by or he that doofus would have drawn his gun and told me to put my hands up. I think it was near Old Dime Box.
BombayAg
dds08 said:

Woody2006 said:

dds08 said:

Tatem said:

Well I saw his thread few days ago, about his recent achievement, and his presence is rare over on the R&P board so I came to the best board I could find him, get his attention.

R&P - well I used to go there and many years ago I had engaged a poster called GuitarSoup who proudly boasted about the "church planting" he did. Bloody Trouble maker. As if we don't have enough problems in the East, we need morons coming around causing more. He should go to Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia and plant whatever he wants if he has the guts.

In any case, R&P probably merits a glance.
Tecolote
AG
BombayAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

dds08 said:

Why is this so?

Not to worship cows, but once while driving from CS to Austin, I wanted to pee real bad. No McD in sight so I pulled over to the side of the road and took a leak.
Thank God no racist redneck police drove by or he that doofus would have drawn his gun and told me to put my hands up. I think it was near Old Dime Box.
Well, if you would stand behind your car and pee away from the road it would not be a problem.
Tecolote
AG
BombayAg said:

dds08 said:

Woody2006 said:

dds08 said:

Tatem said:

R&P - well I used to go there and many years ago I had engaged a poster called GuitarSoup who proudly boasted about the "church planting" he did. Bloody Trouble maker. As if we don't have enough problems in the East, we need morons coming around causing more. He should go to Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia and plant whatever he wants if he has the guts.

Guitarsoup is a solid guy - so, likely you were the "bloody trouble maker"
Ignatius_of_Silesia
dds08 said:

Schimi and Bombay are actually brothers.
Tecolote
AG
Ignatius_of_Silesia said:

dds08 said:

Schimi and Bombay are actually brothers.
Wtf?
BombayAg
Och26-58-87 said:

BombayAg said:

dds08 said:

Woody2006 said:

dds08 said:

Tatem said:

Och26-58-87 = Guitarsoup?

Or are you 2 comrades in trouble making across shores?
AgEng06
AG
BombayAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

dds08 said:

Why is this so?

Just tell that good sheriff of Dime Box thanks for not arresting you, though you'd understand if he had. Tell him you're sorry for your bizarre appearance and drunken incoherence, and for the tears on his badge.
Tecolote
AG
BombayAg said:

Och26-58-87 said:

BombayAg said:

dds08 said:

Woody2006 said:

dds08 said:

Tatem said:

Two accounts with ag tags! While you have none. Wonder who is the sock - in case you,still can't figure it out it is you!

As for Guitarsoup I'm familiar with his postings and background from another board. He also does some work for A&M - never once saw any troublemaking from him. As for me, that's another story.
BenFiasco14
AG
Och26-58-87 said:

BombayAg said:

Och26-58-87 said:

BombayAg said:

dds08 said:

Woody2006 said:

dds08 said:

Tatem said:

Two accounts with ag tags! While you have none. Wonder who is the sock - in case you,still can't figure it out it is you!

As for Guitarsoup I'm familiar with his postings and background from another board. He also does some work for A&M - never once saw any troublemaking from him. As for me, that's another story.

Bombay is a Bayside sock. I thought everyone knew this.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
BombayAg
AgEng06 said:

BombayAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

dds08 said:

Why is this so?

Just tell that good sheriff of Dime Box thanks for not arresting you, though you'd understand if he had. Tell him you're sorry for your bizarre appearance and drunken incoherence, and for the tears on his badge.

heh, yeah, maybe the Sheriff of DB could have arrested me, that is a possibility. But in most cases he would have let me go as I am harmless. He could search me and the rental car if he wanted to. But interesting experience. DM needs a McD so people can go pee at.
Tecolote
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Och26-58-87 said:

BombayAg said:

Och26-58-87 said:

BombayAg said:

dds08 said:

Woody2006 said:

dds08 said:

Tatem said:

Bombay is a Bayside sock. I thought everyone knew this.
Oh, I knew that. But, today found out Schimi and Bombay are brothers which means really Schimi and Bayside are brothers. Oh boy - this is making the room spin.
BombayAg
Och26-58-87 said:

BombayAg said:

Och26-58-87 said:

BombayAg said:

dds08 said:

Woody2006 said:

dds08 said:

Tatem said:

Ah you most likely are impersonating an Ag. Fraud is everywhere in the world.

As for Guitarsoup, I have no personal issue with him other than his boast about church planting. The world doesn't need more fairy tales. Maybe he is a good guy but he should stick to doing charity and not pimping religion.
Tecolote
AG
BombayAg said:

AgEng06 said:

BombayAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

dds08 said:

You I keep getting reminded of a time during my undergrad when I had a meal with some buddies over at that Seafood place on University and Highway 6.

Why is this so?

heh, yeah, maybe the Sheriff of DB could have arrested me, that is a possibility. But in most cases he would have let me go as I am harmless. He could search me and the rental car if he wanted to. But interesting experience. DM needs a McD so people can go pee at.
You do know McD serves cows!?
Tecolote
AG
BombayAg said:

Och26-58-87 said:

BombayAg said:

Och26-58-87 said:

BombayAg said:

dds08 said:

Woody2006 said:

dds08 said:

Tatem said:

Ah you most likely are impersonating an Ag. Fraud is everywhere in the world.
So says the sock account with no ag tag - lmao!
BQ78
AG
I found that spot near Old Dime Box:

Curry is the best permanent weed killer.
dds08
AG
Tatem said:

One shouldn't feel bad for being thankful.

It was a curious, mysterious experience. One must wonder if the very act of thanking someone is completely foreign to them, or if they have anyone to thank at all.

We immediately changed the topic at the time and I never really investigated it further. This was all back in 2007.

Now here we are in 2018, I'm sitting in Bible Study and the teacher shares his similar experience.

Not being thankful for things, and taking things for granted is something all people have to watch out for. It's exactly what someone out there wants you to do.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.