Amazon's Echo or Dots

3,388 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cjsag94
Arthur Stilwell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cjsag94 said:

I am really close to purchasing a couple of these..for only 1 reason. 14 year old daughter up in her room all the time and we want the Alexa intercom feature so we can stop yelling back and forth between downstairs and upstairs to a teenage kid in her own world.

None of the other features are important to us. Use Chromecast audio for music, have remotes for tv.
Just send her a text. She'll probably be on her phone snapchatting anyway.
Drawkcab
crosswalk said:

cjsag94 said:

I am really close to purchasing a couple of these..for only 1 reason. 14 year old daughter up in her room all the time and we want the Alexa intercom feature so we can stop yelling back and forth between downstairs and upstairs to a teenage kid in her own world.

None of the other features are important to us. Use Chromecast audio for music, have remotes for tv.

And if you're lucky she'll acidentally send you the nudes she meant to send the dude she was in the middle of texting when your text came in. Then you can question her about it and go kick his ass.
cjsag94
AG
Drawkcab said:

crosswalk said:

cjsag94 said:

And if you're lucky she'll acidentally send you the nudes she meant to send the dude she was in the middle of texting when your text came in. Then you can question her about it and go kick his ass.
Not my daughter!!! She's a perfect angel!

I could text or call...but the entire purpose of the Dot's and such is the hands free nature. I use Google voice on my Android, but that requires unlocking phone to initiate talking. Not to mention, I need direct 2-way interaction, otherwise I get the response when she's called down for dinner for example...3 minutes later, she is back in her own world.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.