Amazon increasing price on Prime.

4,895 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 62strat
King moto moto
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Amazon is raising the price of Prime to $119

Is this going to drive some folks away from their services?
Ol Army 01 Post Boobs
Chickenhawk
Of course they are. We have to further subsidize the leeches on food stamps that get it for half price.
King moto moto
AG
GeorgiaAg85 said:

Of course they are. We have to further subsidize the leeches on food stamps that get it for half price.

Good point.

Damn you college students!!!!
Ol Army 01 Post Boobs
Chickenhawk
Moto Moto said:

GeorgiaAg85 said:

Good point.

Damn you poor people!!!!

Fify
Buck Compton
AG
Moto Moto said:

No, because most people have them set up on auto-pay. Most of America won't even notice.
Human
AG
Must...

Resist...

nai06
AG
Even at $200 a month it's still worth it for us
Ragoo
AG
nai06 said:

do you have scheduled buys? What products? I've only ever done one-off type purchases.
I Like Mike
AG
Diapers for the toddler. Those boxes ship for $8 or so I think. 12 of them basically pays for prime.
-----------------------

redd38
AG
Don't they pretty much raise it every year?
Joe Exotic
AG
Their shipping is pretty much trash these days since they switched to usps
cisgenderedAggie
Netflix and HBO each cost more and don't lap provide free shipping on pretty much anything you might want to buy legally (and some illegally too).
nai06
AG
Ragoo said:

nai06 said:

do you have scheduled buys? What products? I've only ever done one-off type purchases.
We do scheduled buys for just about all of our household products. We haven't ventured into perishable groceries yet but frequently use Prime Now. Basically if im buying anything for myself or someone else, its via amazon. They typically have much lower prices and the the two day, next day, and same day shipping is worth every penny. That doesnt even consider the added plus of Prime Video, Prime Music, or the Kindle Library. We also have an Audible account and Amazon Prime credit card.
nai06
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

maybe its because of where you live, but their shipping is rarely late for me. I think its happened twice in the last 6 months
Tecolote
AG
nai06 said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

maybe its because of where you live, but their shipping is rarely late for me. I think its happened twice in the last 6 months
Same here. About 75% by UPS and 25% by USPS and had very few issues. Also, have things sent all over the country as gifts and again very few issues. Had an order this week sent to someone in NYC and the two-day was actually only one day when it arrived.
superunknown
AG
Same day deliveries in SA. Pretty awesome. I call it Amazon Primo since i saw a vato in an el camino drop off my package once.
AliasMan02
AG
For scheduled buys we don't do that much. Hard to beat prices at HEB in many cases but we do deliver cat litter, disposable litter boxes, Kleenex, paper towels, and trash bags. Just reduced the frequency on most of those, though.
Husky Boy Jr.
AG
GeorgiaAg85 said:

The government should do something about this!
commando2004
AG
Shouldn't it be $113 or $127?
Professor Frick
AG
commando2004 said:

Now THAT is a prime example as to why no one in their right mind would sleep with you.
King moto moto
AG
commando2004 said:

Now that's funny.
Ol Army 01 Post Boobs
62strat
AG
AliasMan02 said:

For scheduled buys we don't do that much. Hard to beat prices at HEB in many cases but we do deliver cat litter, disposable litter boxes, Kleenex, paper towels, and trash bags. Just reduced the frequency on most of those, though.
We buy cat litter from target, that 35lb. bucket of tidy cats, it's like $12 and free shipping.

I don't know they're shipping a 35lb item for about $10 and not losing their ass.

Paper products and pantry foods, we do bulk at costco all the way. They have free shipping at $75.
62strat
AG
My amzn holding just gained about $2,000 in value today, so I'm good with a $20/yr increase.
Arthur Stilwell
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

USPS is still better than Amazon's own delivery service, Amazon Logistics.
Cromagnum
AG
So I get to bump up by $20 to subsidize services I will never use (in home and in car trunk delivery).
GoneGirl
AG
Moto Moto said:

I'm trying to decide that for myself.

In reality, it's only $20 - I'd spend more than that going to a movie. So it isn't really going to impact my family's finances.

I order a lot of things online and I like the convenience of Prime.

I use and enjoy Amazon music and the movies I get with Prime.

On the other hand, it just kind of pisses me off.

So I don't know yet. Probably not.
"If you're in the midst of a midlife crisis, you could buy a convertible, have an affair, or upgrade your cup size. But you'll probably be happiest if you save a dog's life." - Jen Lancaster
62strat
AG
Why does it piss you off? If you don't think what you get out of it is worth $120, then cancel it.
Furlock Bones
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

wrong. their shipping is trash when they use their own delivery drivers. they are the ones tossing your packages over fences into walls, etc.
GoneGirl
AG
62strat said:

Why does it piss you off? If you don't think what you get out of it is worth $120, then cancel it.
I don't know. It's definitely irrational.
"If you're in the midst of a midlife crisis, you could buy a convertible, have an affair, or upgrade your cup size. But you'll probably be happiest if you save a dog's life." - Jen Lancaster
ac04
take my money
Joe Exotic
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

wrong. their shipping is trash when they use their own delivery drivers. they are the ones tossing your packages over fences into walls, etc.

The janitor at the amazon warehouse is probably more competent than your average postal worker.
BTKAG97
AG
$119 is $9.92 a month for a streaming service plus the added bonus of free shipping every now and then.
Arctic Ag
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

ITheir shipping is pretty much trash these days since they switched to usps
I don't think you have ever experienced bad shipping services, unreasonable prices, or unwarranted shipping restrictions unless you've lived in Alaska. Shut your mouth and accept your package a day late every now and then!
Tecolote
AG
Arctic Ag said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

ITheir shipping is pretty much trash these days since they switched to usps
I don't think you have ever experienced bad shipping services, unreasonable prices, or unwarranted shipping restrictions unless you've lived in Alaska. Shut your mouth and accept your package a day late every now and then!
Absolutely. My brother and his family moved to Anchorage. What use to be me actually shipping gifts has now turned into ecards. They still send me packages as they like to give gifts unique to Alaska but they send them three weeks in advance to make sure they arrive on time. Seems packages to Europe are easier.
JJxvi
AG
BTKAG97 said:

$119 is $9.92 a month for a streaming service plus the added bonus of free shipping every now and then.

They charge you $168 ($14) if you pay month to month.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.