Chili's vs. Applebee's

10,741 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by lostrg
Bayside Tiger Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Your preference and why? Help me settle this.

I'm surprised by the # of people I meet who seriously believe Applebee's is the better restaurant.

I'll concede that the fajitas at Chili's are awful, BUT everything else at Chili's is objectively better than the **** at Applebee's.
Furlock Bones
AG
this is a clever thread.
Claude!
The only winning move is not to play.
chipotle
Chips. And. Salsa.

NoahAg
Chili's. Applebee's be too uppity.
Tecolote
AG
BlueDeviledAg said:

I'm surprised by the # of people I meet who seriously believe Applebee's is the better restaurant.

I'll concede that the fajitas at Chili's are awful, BUT everything else at Chili's is objectively better than the **** at Applebee's.
And now we know Bayside = Bombay = BlueDeviled. Notice how all three have the simple, yet prominent, "Ag" in their name.
AliasMan02
AG
No sane person would choose Applebee's over Chili's.
Seabreeze
Applebee's by a slim margin. Not for the food, just general cleanliness in my experience.
Bayside Tiger Ag
That's what I said-- the most common rebuttal is the long island iced tea at Applebee's. wtf?
swc93
AG
I'll go with Chili's because I ate at one the most recently...about 12 years ago at a Chili's Plus (or something like that) at Stonebriar Mall.

Been 18 years easily since eating at an Applebee's and that was a mistake I made once while traveling for business. Lonely, sad, pathetic place to eat when you are on the road.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
I do not recall the date of my last dining experience at Applebee's. Chili's has been more recent but, even then, I want to say 2015. In the case of both, I have no recollection of being overly pleased with either.
TecRecAg
AG
Applebee's bar is infinitely better. At least where I live.
80s Guy
Och26-58-87 said:

BlueDeviledAg said:

And now we know Bayside = Bombay = BlueDeviled. Notice how all three have the simple, yet prominent, "Ag" in their name.

Well, Bombay did get a month in ban camp today in a Zoo thread...
BostonAg74
Isn't this like asking what is your favorite STD?
Tecolote
AG
80s Guy said:

Och26-58-87 said:

BlueDeviledAg said:

Well, Bombay did get a month in ban camp today in a Zoo thread...
Now we're talking!!!!!!
NoahAg
TecRecAg said:

Applebee's bar is infinitely better. At least where I live.
Saw a homeless guy and his dog this morning as I drove to work. I thought it was sad.

Then I read this post.
chipotle
BostonAg74 said:

Isn't this like asking what is your favorite STD?

I'm gonna have to go with AIDS here. AIDS, or as I like to call it "God's Punishment".
Know Your Enemy
AG
Applebee's is horrible. They used to have $1 beers (not sure if they still do) and that was the only reason to go there.
gif
Small Business Magazine:

"Chili's is the new golf course. It's where business happens."
Human
AG
About 7 years ago some friends of ours gave us a $20 gift card to Applebee's. I asked my wife, "what did we do to piss them off?"
toucan82
I haven't been to either in about a decade
FIDO*98*
AG
If only they had just stopped here.....sigh

Broncos
Applebee's is the worst.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Last time I went to Applebee's, they forgot I asked for no onions on my bourbon steak.

aTm2004
AG
If you hadn't eaten in like 2 weeks and these were your only 2 choices to get something, Chili's would be my choice due to their chicken fingers. Honestly don't have a clue what else they have on their menu and couldn't tell you where the closest Applebee's is to me.
_lefraud_
AG
Applebee's > Chili's because Pepsi > Coke
Athanasius
AG
Chili's.
Tecolote
AG
_lefraud_ said:

Applebee's > Chili's because Pepsi > Coke
Username checks out.
mel99
AG
They're both turrible.....
Claude!
chansonjr
AG
Applebee's only because they had karaoke on Thursday nights when I was in HS.
beanbean
Applebee's is horrible. Most of them have closed down around me. Chili's was getting really bad there for a while, but it seems like they are making a concerted effort to do better in the last year or so. At least the one by my house. That said, Chili guacamole is the most tasteless guacamole I have ever eaten in my life. You can see it on the chip, feel it in your mouth, but there is almost no taste to it. It's weird. Its been that way at every Chili's I have ever been to. Plus their chips are so thin that they mostly break into little pieces when you try to dip them in the not mixed very well guac. \rant over
MonkeyKnifeFighter
SZ
AG
Applebee's has good drink deals
Bruce Almighty
AG
I don't think I've ever had anything good at Applebee's. Its the most generic food I've seen in a restaurant and they must put the same seasoning mix on all their food because it all tastes the same. Chili's has good fajitas. They aren't the best in the world, but they've always been pretty tasty.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.