4,276 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Claude!
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
How long do you want to ignore this user?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/23/politics/george-hw-bush/index.html

rhoswen
AG
Quote:

(CNN)Former President George H.W. Bush, who just buried his wife first lady Barbara Bush on Saturday, is in intensive care, CNN has learned.
histag10
AG
I've seen many old couples go very near each other. Hope it's not the case, but I would understand it.
Agasaurus Tex
AG
I suspected he wouldn't last a week after she passed.

aglaohfour
AG
This isn't surprising. When you've lived with someone for what, 70 years? And they're suddenly just gone... It would be so difficult to go on living. I hope he's comfortable and that they'll be together again soon.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Of all the people on this planet, he deserves whatever the **** he wants.

redd38
AG
Quote:

He is responding to treatments and appears to be recovering.
Agasaurus Tex
AG
Your words were perfect. I think many of us thought he would go soon after she passed.
FIDO*98*
AG
Agoodlittleag04 said:

This isn't surprising. When you've lived with someone for what, 70 years? And they're suddenly just gone... It would be so difficult to go on living. I hope he's comfortable and that they'll be together again soon.

Throw in the Parkinson's and wheelchair and yeah, I'd be ready to go too
62strat
AG
My grandpa died suddenly from a heart attack at mid 70s, and his mom, still alive at 98, in perfectly good health, died suddenly within a week. She lived with her son/daughter in law (my grandma) and never got along with my grandma.

She totally willed herself to die.
Nuke_Ag05
AG
Grandmother left in mid-feb after battling Alzheimer's. My grandfather was in good health, but I could tell how losing her wrecked him. He wasn't himself, and seemed depressed and just lost without her. He visited her grave a couple of Satudays ago alone, on what would have been their 67th wedding anniversary.

My father went to pick him up for church the next morning. He was sitting in his chair with his glasses off and his Bible on his lap. Almost like he put it down to rest his eyes a bit. Can't imagine a more comfortable or dignified way to pass on. I firmly believe he was just ready to go and be with her, and she came to get him.

Being with someone for so long and then losing them, can't imagine that.

Prayers for Bush Sr. I hope he finds that small measure of peace we all look for.
Iowaggie
AG
aggieforester05
AG
My grandparents were married on the 4th of July 1942 and stayed married until my grandmother passed 72 years later after battling Alzheimer's. My grandfather had a very hard time accepting that she was gone and died the day after the sixth month anniversary of her death.
planoaggie123
AG
Nuke_Ag05 said:

Grandmother left in mid-feb after battling Alzheimer's. My grandfather was in good health, but I could tell how losing her wrecked him. He wasn't himself, and seemed depressed and just lost without her. He visited her grave a couple of Satudays ago alone, on what would have been their 67th wedding anniversary.

My father went to pick him up for church the next morning. He was sitting in his chair with his glasses off and his Bible on his lap. Almost like he put it down to rest his eyes a bit. Can't imagine a more comfortable or dignified way to pass on. I firmly believe he was just ready to go and be with her, and she came to get him.

Being with someone for so long and then losing them, can't imagine that.

Prayers for Bush Sr. I hope he finds that small measure of peace we all look for.
Wow. Not to sound flippant but what an amazing way to go...at peace, in your chair, with God's word on your lap. I think i got some dust in my eyes while reading this.

I can't imagine the pain of losing someone you have known/loved/lived with for so many years but what peace they must have to go and meet their loved ones. We all go at some point and if I had to choose i couldn't hardly think of a better way.
Drawkcab
62strat said:

My grandpa died suddenly from a heart attack at mid 70s, and his mom, still alive at 98, in perfectly good health, died suddenly within a week. She lived with her son/daughter in law (my grandma) and never got along with my grandma.

Or your grandma killed her.
Scotty Flamingo
Out of ICU

I also really liked this quote...

Quote:

McGrath says Bush is thankful for prayers and good wishes. He says the former president is more focused on the Houston Rockets playoff series against the Minnesota Timberwolves "than anything that landed him in the hospital."
Burdizzo
AG
Every day he stays alive is like giving double birds to Sadam Hussain.
Dr.Rumack
Username kinda checks out
TyHolden
AG
Kenny Omega said:

Out of ICU

I also really liked this quote...

Quote:

McGrath says Bush is thankful for prayers and good wishes. He says the former president is more focused on the Houston Rockets playoff series against the Minnesota Timberwolves "than anything that landed him in the hospital."

thats pretty awesome! And I hate the rockettes. Puto pinche Spurs!
62strat
AG
Drawkcab said:

62strat said:

Or your grandma killed her.
She actually always wanted to get along with her MIL. Never said a bad thing about her. The hate was one way.
Claude!
Every time this thread is bumped I expected it to be news of 41's death.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.