Arrowhead Shooting Range

978 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MisterShipWreck
Bohica64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone have info on Arrowhead? Is it still open? Any good/bad experiences while there? I can't seem to find any info other than old reviews. Thank you in advance GB for your gracious help.
MisterShipWreck
I went there for years - but after they were taken to court years ago, their rifle range became unusable. If you have a rifle with a magazine that loads from the bottom - there was no way to shoot from the bench. They have a piece of wood keeping you from aiming too high - but the benches do not have a depression in them like Gunsmoke's 100 yard range does.

I went 1 time after he made that change, several years ago. I've never been back. Any type of AR style gun was unshootable from the bench.

I am not sure if they are still open
Bohica64
Thanks for the info Shipwreck. I am looking for a place I can sight in my .22LR(s) at a "reasonable" distance, Gun smoke will only allow them on the 25yd range. I like at least 50yds (personal preference). I may run out there tomorrow and check them out.
Arthur Stilwell
They've been closed ever since the Indians got moved to the reservations.
Moy
You could try 3C in Navasota or Marksman in Bryan....if it's still around.

Anyone remember where Arrowhead was down south in the good ol' days? I don't recall exactly..... maybe where Santa's Wonderland is now?
Bohica64
I thought CCC was members only?
MisterShipWreck
Yes, I like 50 yard rifle ranges too. And yea, there is no option for that at Gunsmoke, unfortunately.

If Marksman is still open, they have a 50 yard range
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.