So I picked up an air fryer this week

5,642 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OriolePete
Tanya 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Och26-58-87 said:

Tanya 93 said:

Och26-58-87 said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Bruce Almighty said:

You should post this on the food board. You'll be scolded for wasting your money.

Those people scare me more than the politics board
I would think so - guess they laugh at you even more for wanting the Italians to make you Spaghetti-O's in Italy. My daughter at four years old had better tastes in food than you do now.

Have I been topped for terrible food choices?
Do you eat Spaghetti-O's?

When I was pregnant.
champagnepapi
Why is everyone so mean to BaySide? Is this how we treat our Veterans?
Ragoo
AG
Baysideis a stay at home mom?
Tecolote
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Och26-58-87 said:

Tanya 93 said:

Och26-58-87 said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Bruce Almighty said:

You should post this on the food board. You'll be scolded for wasting your money.

Those people scare me more than the politics board
I would think so - guess they laugh at you even more for wanting the Italians to make you Spaghetti-O's in Italy. My daughter at four years old had better tastes in food than you do now.

Have I been topped for terrible food choices?
Do you eat Spaghetti-O's?

When I was pregnant.
That doesn't count. My wife who is an excellent chef (yes, not just a cook) was making some crazy **** when she was pregnant and at all hours!
Tecolote
AG
champagnepapi said:

Why is everyone so mean to BaySide? Is this how we treat our Veterans?
Is being an army cook really a veteran?
Joe Exotic
AG
Och26-58-87 said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Och26-58-87 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

OSo far this week, Bayside has eaten LJS, Sonic, gummy worms, McDonalds, and corn dogs. Who thinks he makes it past 50?
Don't forget, he ate this Eastern European beauty's muff - can't image the diseases he contracted.

Look up the Globe Club in Zurich on google. Highly doubt you'd find anyone like that there.
You bragged endlessly about the club being in Germany! Zurich is in Switzerland. You know the problem with a liar - they can't remember all the details of the lies they've told.

I doubt you actually found anything great at the Globe Club except for your google search as you weren't actually ever there in person.

Most German clubs don't put photos of their WG's online. Swiss clubs do. WG's will rotate through both areas so it gives you a sense of what's there.
marble rye
AG
Man maybe I should email RATO and ask him to start posting since so many think he is Bayside. Lol
AgFan131
jetch17 said:

Jesus Christ, RATO, give it a break.

Didn't RATOs wife run off with some mall employee?
Slicer97
AG
This doesn't seem like RATO. Spaghettios sounds more like Pete's style.
ElCheAg
AG
Slicer97 said:

Nobody cares, dude.
ac04
6 stars on the first post confirms that OP has at least 6 socks
DropDemNuggetz
AG
I admittedly haven't done any research but how is an air fryer not just an oven?
Joe Exotic
AG
From what I can tell the air moves much faster than a convection oven and the heating coil is directly above the food. Also has a basket to drain grease to the bottom. Much more efficient as well.
Bruce Almighty
AG
It's a toaster oven
Joe Exotic
AG
I thought that before I got one. It's got some subtle differences that I can see having a functional effect. Is it worth $150 or so if you already have a toaster oven? Not so sure.
PseudonymK
AG
Adult "SpaghettiOs"

Ragoo
AG
So this appliance sprays oil and blows hot air over your food simulating a deep fry but without submerging the food in an oil bath? Sounds absolutely disgusting and a pain in the ass to clean. If I want fried food at home I will just stick to the Ol' fry daddy.
Slicer97
AG
I'm still failing to see how this is healthier than deep frying.
LostInLA07
AG
No oil. Only hot air.
PseudonymK
AG
Slicer97 said:

I like your style.
IIIHorn
Air Friar:

Joe Exotic
AG
Ragoo said:

So this appliance sprays oil and blows hot air over your food simulating a deep fry but without submerging the food in an oil bath? Sounds absolutely disgusting and a pain in the ass to clean. If I want fried food at home I will just stick to the Ol' fry daddy.

No you spray your food with a light misting of oil. You place in non-stick air fryer basket. When it's done any grease goes to a nonstick reservoir in the bottom. You empty this out and put it and the basket in the dishwasher. No oil to change or dispose of.
HBCanine08
AG
IIIHorn said:

Air Friar:

Bruce Almighty
AG
Slicer97 said:

Probably because you're spraying the food with a light coating of oil opposed to submerging completely in oil. Seems like common sense to me. As far as taste goes, I doubt it tastes as good though. I'm not sure I'd want to eat a chicken fried steak made in an air fryer.
Slicer97
AG
If you're frying at the correct temperature, the steam generated from what is being fried will keep the oil from penetrating into the food. It's not going to add that much extra fat to the food.
Ragoo
AG
Slicer97 said:

If you're frying at the correct temperature, the steam generated from what is being fried will keep the oil from penetrating into the food. It's not going to add that much extra fat to the food.
correct, which is why you have to wait for the oil to reheat after each batch. if you drop the food in cool oil the oil will soak in.
OriolePete
Slicer97 said:

This doesn't seem like RATO. Spaghettios sounds more like Pete's style.

Jesus it's been like years
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.