What motivates you

2,856 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Kool
chiken
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
To keep working out and/or eating right?

How many people have every been fatties that changed their lifestyle and are now thins and have kept it off for good?

Fats are ruining the world. All fat people suck. Fat is fat is fat is fat. There - now that we've gotten that out of the way...
jetch17
AG
Not feeling like sh*t
Human
AG
Not being fat
Red Rover
AG
What motivates me (in order of importance):
1) Vanity
2) I don't want to be a weak pansy
3) My wife is hot, so my ugly mug better at least keep a good body
4) My boys will be over-testosterone teenagers like I was. I don't want them stronger than me or to best me in any physical sport when they are in high school
5) Better to instill the fear of God in boys that my daughter dates when she gets of age
6) Vanity
10) Want to stay healthy
Dad-O-Lot
AG
Being 52 with a 3 year old daughter.

When she's 16, I'll be 65.

I need to stay in shape to intimidate teenage boys.
SidetrackAg
AG
Keeping the belly fat down makes my wee wee look bigger
Bruce Almighty
AG
Living longer than fat people.
GrayMatter
AG
This should be interesting.

It all depends on how much you want to put into it.

It works if you have the patience and discipline to stay on track to the overall goal.

Personally I've always been semi athletic so I'm always looking to work out in some way. Eating right is another issue altogether but I believe in moderate eating. I try to eat healthy and stay away from sweets and drinking during the week unless for a special occasion but I still limit it.

The problem I've always had is when people say "I've gotta start this diet". To me you're already setting yourself up for failure because you're already telling yourself that you have to do something that you don't really want to do. However, if you make a lifestyle choice by incorporating more vegetables and organic food into your diet then you're trying to live for the rest of your life rather than make a weight like you're some fighter.

It's about finding a system that works for you and at the end of the day you just gotta say **** it. I like who I am at whatever weight that is. Weight like age is just a number. Confidence is sexier than how you look so stick with that.
The conversations will be uncomfortable, but we all have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable for progress to be made.
Ragoo
AG
competition, with myself, with other nerds at the gym, with other nerds in life, and so that maybe it will translate to beating other nerds in athletic events.
Ginormus Ag
AG
It is harder to find women with a fat fetish.
Flashdiaz
AG
I don't want to be condescending and a hypocrite.
jamotoe1
I have lost and maintained a significant weight loss for some time now and hover around a BMI of 19ish. While I know I could weigh more and still be healthy, I honestly just like being skinny. I feel more confident and like the way clothes look on me now. Also, health is a motivator of course, but more in the sense that I don't want my body to hold me back from anything I want to do or try. That would be a big reason I work out. It makes me feel more capable and up for anything if that makes sense. Also, just an observation but it's amazing how differently you are treated when you are fit.
redd38
AG
I don't want to have sex with the type of girl that would have sex with the fat version of me.
Amazing Moves
Endorphin release. Staying fit. Sweating out toxins.
Ulrich
I don't want to have to buy new clothes.
MooreTrucker
AG
AggieBaller98 said:

It's about finding a system that works for you and at the end of the day you just gotta say **** it. I like who I am at whatever weight that is. Weight like age is just a number. Confidence is sexier than how you look so stick with that.

This really isn't true, just something that fat people say to feel better about themselves and put off the body shamers. In truth, being overweight is a bad thing health-wise, and that's science.
MooreTrucker
AG
jamotoe1 said:

I have lost and maintained a significant weight loss for some time now and hover around a BMI of 19ish. While I know I could weigh more and still be healthy, I honestly just like being skinny. I feel more confident and like the way clothes look on me now. Also, health is a motivator of course, but more in the sense that I don't want my body to hold me back from anything I want to do or try. That would be a big reason I work out. It makes me feel more capable and up for anything if that makes sense. Also, just an observation but it's amazing how differently you are treated when you are fit.
That does make sense and resonates with me a bit now that I see it in print. And makes me think of my dad and a conversation we just had in which he was saying that now-a-days he tries to do things like lift cartons of water or Gatorade and then realizes that's not something an 86 year old man should be trying to do. I'm not even 60 yet and I don't want to start thinking like that yet, so I need to get in shape to be able to do stuff without thinking I can't because I'm not able to.
1876er
AG
Vanity
Texas summers suck bad enough as it is. Being fat would just make them worse.
And vanity
redd38
AG
MooreTrucker said:

AggieBaller98 said:

This really isn't true, just something that fat people say to feel better about themselves and put off the body shamers. In truth, being overweight is a bad thing health-wise, and that's science.

Being old is a bad thing health-wise as well. Studies have shown that the older you get the closer to death you are.
aggie_fan13
AG
Care about how I look, people treat me better then when I was fat, endorphins, stress, I like hot chicks
GigEmBevo
Snowboarding gets tougher than it already is.
94DallasAG
AG
Someone on the hf board nailed it when they said that by the time they get to work in the morning and they have already put in and hour and half in the gym they could look around and realize they're better then everyone else
PseudonymK
AG
It's more attractive to stay on the fit side, especially when all else fails
Humorous Username
AG
My wife and kids. I can't be a leader of my family and be a slob.

I want to live long for my kids, and I want to be in shape because, while I like a larger woman, I don't want a fupa getting in the way of my wang during sexy time with my wife.
PseudonymK
AG
Humorous Username said:

I want to live long for my kids, and I want to be in shape because, while I like a larger woman, I don't want a fupa getting in the way of my wang during sexy time with my wife.
How did I go this long without knowing what a fupa was?
KidDoc
AG
Health- I would prefer to stay off meds as long as possible.

Activity- I really enjoy physical activity especially for vacation. Really hard to enjoy hiking, snow skiing, rock wall climbing, etc if you are totally out of shape.

Mental Health- I hate missing a few work outs, really effects my affect.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GrayMatter
AG
MooreTrucker said:

AggieBaller98 said:

The conversations will be uncomfortable, but we all have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable for progress to be made.
MooreTrucker
AG
redd38 said:

MooreTrucker said:

AggieBaller98 said:

Being old is a bad thing health-wise as well. Studies have shown that the older you get the closer to death you are.
True, but you can't do anything about getting older. You can, for the most part, do something about being overweight.
MooreTrucker
AG
PseudonymK said:

Humorous Username said:

Technically, a fupa is a female thing...
MooreTrucker
AG
AggieBaller98 said:

MooreTrucker said:

AggieBaller98 said:

Yeah yeah yeah, whatever. It's still a big pet peeve of mine.
PseudonymK
AG
MooreTrucker said:

PseudonymK said:

Humorous Username said:

i guess...
MooreTrucker
AG
PseudonymK said:

MooreTrucker said:

PseudonymK said:

Humorous Username said:

i guess...
Well, since it's actually an acronym, and one of the words refers to a part of female anatomy....
PseudonymK
AG
MooreTrucker said:

PseudonymK said:

MooreTrucker said:

PseudonymK said:

Humorous Username said:

i guess...
Well, since it's actually an acronym, and one of the words refers to a part of female anatomy....
Penile?
Eliminatus
AG
Shame and low self esteem and confidence. Take frustrations and failings out on yourself physically. The opposite of eating and being sedentary when you fail.

I mess up, I haze myself in the gym and kitchen.

Probably not the healthiest. But it works.
MooreTrucker
AG
PseudonymK said:

MooreTrucker said:

PseudonymK said:

MooreTrucker said:

PseudonymK said:

Humorous Username said:

i guess...
Penile?
Of course.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.