Ever been stuck in an elevator?

7,929 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by toucan82
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, it happened to me today. A rickety old parking garage downtown. Was imprisoned for almost 90 minutes. Very odd feeling, when you push a button to go up, and the car starts shaking and slowly bouncing downwards. Finally got all the way to the ground floor, but the doors still wouldn't open.

I gave it the old college try with the emergency phone, and got the "Please stand by, operators are busy helping other customers." After about 5 minutes of hold music, I got a live body. I was told my wait time would be about an hour. WTF.

So I settled in and ran my conf call and webex session from my phone. At least it wasn't a total waste of time.

Here, have some elevator music -

Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Yep. And I had to take a dump too. Like emergency dump. Glad it was only a few minutes or it would've gotten messy.
quanah
jetch17
AG
Livin it up when you're goin down
Geralt of Rivia
S
Which one of you turned out to be the devil?

Edit: just read the OP and he was apparently alone, so that answers my question
Drawkcab
I did once on one of the few days per year I actually need to be at the office by 8am. Called my boss and they got an underling to fill in for me. I ended up getting out like 15 minutes later.

I had this picture of being stuck between floors. Actually, I hadn't gone anywhere. A rock somehow got jammed between the outside doors keeping them from closing all the way, setting off an alarm, and keeping my ass right on the same floor I started.
EastSideAg2002
Yes. With Vanna White.
PrincessButtercup
AG
I hate elevators so much. I'll take ten flights of stairs to avoid one because I'm scared of getting stuck.
Drawkcab
EastSideAg2002 said:

Yes. With Vanna White.

Seriously?
I'm quite familiar with this garage and the stairwells generally smell like piss. So it's either that, or risk being trapped. I rolled the dice...
Definately not the ladies lingerie dept.
IIIHorn
No, but ....

I have been stuck on an escalator.
Tecolote
AG
Yes, one time in 2006 at an Austrian ski area. Took only about 25 minutes for them to get it going so not too bad.
ClickClack
AG
We stayed at this Mexican resort several years ago. Had an outside elevator that could fit two people. Was hot and humid as balls. We used it one time. I imagine hell is literally getting trapped in that elevator. I might've pounded my head into the side until I passed out had we gotten stuck.
PhatMack19
AG
IIIHorn said:

No, but ....

jetch17
AG
Sorry for the convenience
Humorous Username
AG
PrincessButtercup said:

I hate elevators so much. I'll take ten flights of stairs to avoid one because I'm scared of getting stuck.

This is exactly why I take the stairs on Fridays and the weekend. You never know how many people necessary for your safe exit from the elevator might be unreachable.
Double A
AG
Yep. Happened to me at work. I was the only one on it. Had my cell phone so I called one of the guys on my team and had him call facilities. They had me out in about 5-10 min. It's only a 4 story building, though.

I now almost always take the stairs.
TEXAS AGGIES
Dr. Nefario
IIIHorn said:

No, but ....

Username checks out.
Potcake
AG
IIIHorn said:

No, but ....

Wife and I were almost crushed along with a 100+ Aggies going up escalator at the DART station going to 2005 Cotton Bowl.
There was a single door at streetside on top so more people were coming up on escalator than exiting door and it started backing up quick. I reached down to hit stop button and some woman grabbed me because she thought I would get trampled.
We didn't die but considering the outcome of game, it might have been better. F U Fran.
Rexter
We had a 3rd floor office in a bank in CS. I went to drop off some stuff on a Sunday evening and got stuck on the ground floor for 3 hours. No cell phone back then, and the phone in the elevator didn't work. Not a good time when you have moderate claustrophobia......
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

Wife and I were almost crushed along with a 100+ Aggies going up escalator at the DART station going to 2005 Cotton Bowl.
I was at that game. The rest of us would have envied your good fortune.
MonkeyKnifeFighter
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Ag with kids
AG
Beer Baron said:

Quote:

I second this...

I lived in Weatherford and had to drive all the way to Fair Park for that 10 am game. AFTER a late party for NYE. I felt like dog**** the whole way there. Luckily the game made me feel even worse.
Fairview
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

Wow. That was like People of Walmart on vacation.
Broba Fett
No, but I have been stuck in a sarlaac pit.
Celee04
AG
Yes. Towers of Town Lake (Austin) in the 90s. My cousin bent over to tie his shoe and his ass hit the emergency stop button. Security couldn't get it to start up again nor the doors to open so they had to call the fire department to get us out. We were probably in there for 2 hours.
abileneag09
AG
Got stuck with 15+ people in the elevator to the press box of Kyle field my freshman year. We were having a networking event in the press box and decided to pack as many people as possible to speed things up, turned out to be a bad idea. Got stuck for about a half hour with standing room only and a couple jokers who thought it would be funny to jump up and down every couple minutes and make the whole thing shake.
IIIHorn
ttt
Ragoo
AG
IIIHorn said:

ttt
we cant ttt, we are stuck.
Mr Global Warming
Ag with kids said:

Beer Baron said:

Quote:

I second this...

I lived in Weatherford and had to drive all the way to Fair Park for that 10 am game. AFTER a late party for NYE. I felt like dog**** the whole way there. Luckily the game made me feel even worse.
We tailgated for hours before that game and I over-indulged in the alcohols. By game time I was the drunkest I've ever been. My friends laughed later that the people in front of us that were annoyed with me early in the game made comments later in the game that they were envious. All that I really remember from the game was a punt or kickoff returned for a TD and a lot of issue finding the lemon chill that I decided I needed to eat.
PseudonymK
AG
Only for a minute or two...we were sharing an elevator with a few, ummm....pleasantly plump people. Oh, dear goodness- someone was musty!
The Lost
Yes, Freshman year of college. The dorm I lived in was 9 stories tall. A group of us were heading back from the rec to change and go to a party. The elevator capacity was like 8-10. We thought it was a grand idea to overload it. It moved up a floor or two before getting stuck. Took 90 minutes to get us out. It was hot and got kinda steamy from us all being squeezed in tightly. It wouldnt have been too bad if not for this blonde ***** who just yelled and whined the whole time. We all understood it sucked, you complaining just makes it suck that much more.
unimboti nkum
AG
The Lost said:

It wouldnt have been too bad if not for this blonde ***** who just yelled and whined the whole time.
rules
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.