Development Update: New User Profiles!

4,820 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by reb,
Stewade
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
HOWDY. I've been hinting at updated user profiles for a while now, but TODAY IS THE DAY. We had to shelve the development of them for a couple months as we had to update some behind-the-scenes stuff (new story publisher, auto-sharing options, etc.), but we decided that with a possible likely coaching search on the horizon, this would be a great time to release these (feel free to go ahead and bookmark Billy's profile page).

How to view a user's profile
Desktop
1. Click a username on the forums
2. Click "User Profile"

Mobile
1. Tap the gray strip where the username appears
2. Tap "Profile"

How to update your profile
You can either go straight to your account settings page (scroll down to the "User Profile" section), or go to your own profile page and click the "Edit" button next to your photo.

How to add a profile photo
In the next version of the user profiles, you will be able to to upload a photo, but for now, you'll need to find an existing photo online and copy/paste the URL into the "Profile Photo" field in your account settings (the URL must end in .jpg, .png or .gif).

How to search for a user
We don't have the profiles built into the site search yet, so this only currently only exists on the desktop site.
1. Go to a user profile page
2. Scroll down until you see "User Search" on the left-hand side
3. Type in a user's name and hit "Find"
Note: It won't auto-complete, so you'll need to type in the name correctly.

FAQ: "Can users see the posts I make on a subscriber-only forum?"
Users will only be able to see other posts from forums that they also have access to.

For example, a free user cannot view any posts made by a Premium subscriber on the Premium forum. And Premium users cannot view any posts made by a Varsity subscriber on the Varsity forum. They will see that you made a post, but won't be able to see the topic title or view the content of the post (it will just say "Topic Title Hidden").

THE FUTURE
We wanted to launch these ASAP, so we had to leave out a few bells and whistles for now. One update we'll be making is the ability to upload a photo (as discussed above). Another, and my personal favorite, will be user awards. I won't spill all the beans about what those will be, but we'll be awarding users based on post count, blue stars, POTD, and lots-o-other things. And lastly, we're going to create a page that will display the user blue star rankings (you can see your rank on your profile, but can't view a list yet).

That about covers it. Thanks to Lucid for all his hard work getting this up quickly. Enjoy!
aTm2004
AG
Ranked #29, huh? Better get to work on that.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Ranked #1,995. Hell yeah. Team Top 2000 in the building.
aTm2004
AG
I also appear to have gotten POTD twice.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
chipotle
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Can someone post the top ten ranking please? From there, Texags needs a weekly Power Rankings with in-depth analysis.
normaleagle05
AG
"There was a problem loading the page you requested."

Mobile on a Note5.
Ragoo
AG
test
TexasRebel
AG
Same on iPhone
Flashdiaz
AG
ranked 123!... should include time spent on Texags so I can feel bad about the time i'm wasting.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Quote:

Blue Stars

37,359 (Rank: #69)
Yeah, buddy.
aTm2004
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Can someone post the top ten ranking please? From there, Texags needs a weekly Power Rankings with in-depth analysis.
This. It would be cool to see where we all rank for total posts. And if you have it in you, the number of bans and total ban days.
ArticPenguin:

Ag03 CQE
AG
I'd like to see a ranking for average number of blue stars per post. Quality over quantity.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Nice.
aTm2004
AG
Blue stars received is probably some Premium thing since they give it out like Peter North does swimmers. The top 10 all reside there. Guaran-damn-tee it.
ArticPenguin:

TexasRebel
AG
I didn't expect to be in the top 1,000
Swarely
#391 at 3.4 posts a day.

Maybe I need to go outside more.
redd38
AG
Junkhead said:

Quote:

Blue Stars

37,359 (Rank: #69)
Yeah, buddy.

Niiiiice
AgEng06
AG
#209, mofos. Honestly higher than I suspected.
aTm2004
AG
Swarely said:

#391 at 3.4 posts a day.

No, that's #391 at number of stars your posts have received. Translation is that your posts suck.
ArticPenguin:

redd38
AG

Finally something I can put on my resume.
Dr. Nefario
aTm2004 said:

Blue stars received is probably some Premium thing since they give it out like Peter North does swimmers. The top 10 all reside there. Guaran-damn-tee it.

Started drinking early today, did ya?
redd38
AG
Seems like the guys at the top of the blue star rankings are generating a lot of free, high quality content for this site while staff reaps all the rewards. How about a little profit share for the top contributors?
aTm2004
AG
Just preparing for the crowd that's coming tomorrow.
ArticPenguin:

redd38
AG
This guy is #1: https://texags.com/account/profile/20392

Looks like he just posts a bunch of anti-tu stuff and the guys on premium eat it up.
aTm2004
AG
Told you. The premium board tosses out stars for asking what time it is.
ArticPenguin:

chipotle
LOL...classic Gary
The Fife
Tanya has to be somewhere in the top 10.
edit: oops, thought this would be for total posts.
Claude!
My top-voted post:

Quote:

I think I'm convinced that individual mothers are often smart, but when they get together on the internet, the collective IQ often drops to room temperature.

True in my time, just as it's true today.
superunknown
AG
chipotle said:

That planet of the apes gif has served you well.
ham98
ham98
How about adding a ban count with a breakdown how long each timeout was?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Stuck in the office for 30 more minutes. Retroactively going back and starring all of ranger65's posts.
Swarely
aTm2004 said:

Swarely said:

#391 at 3.4 posts a day.

No, that's #391 at number of stars your posts have received. Translation is that your posts suck.

391 is bad?
chipotle
superunknown said:

chipotle said:

That planet of the apes gif has served you well.

Don't be jealous number 374.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.