Anyone shop at Ross?

2,543 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by justcallmeharry
Cowboy1990
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not going to lie, I occasionally drop in to see if I can find some name brand clothes that are out of season, etc. on the cheap. Nothing wrong with saving a buck right.

Had something I thought was strange occur when in Ross today. Fitting room attendant said "bring back your tag and the items you don't want on their hangers and hang them right here." I went and tried on a couple of pairs of pants, none of which were long enough. Took them all back out and when she met me at the entrance to the fitting room area she said "Did you need some help getting those items back on the hanger?"

I mean, isn't it the job of the fitting room attendant to take the items you don't want and either refold or rehang them to be put back on the shelf or rack????
superunknown
AG
Loss prevention.
UndergroundAg
Beer Baron
AG
Was in Louisiana for a wedding once and forgot a tie. Went to Ross in Baton Rouge and saw the three tallest, hugest, most muscular drag queens I've ever seen, each purchasing a suitcase. All three could have easily played for LSU. I don't know what adventure they were about to embark on, but I hope they had a good time.
The Collective
AG
I doubt there is an expectation of service at Ross.
swimmerbabe11
I love that place. Sometimes everything is terrible, but you'll find some gems now and then.
Cowboy1990
It wasn't that I necessarily expected service....it was that they expected ME to re-hang the clothes.....
Cowboy1990
Yep. Nine times out of ten I usually walk out empty handed. Can often find shoes on the cheap foe the kids there. They often have out of circulation Jordan, LeBrons, etc for under $50
marble rye
AG
I like getting out of season comforters there (Ralph Lauren or Tommy Hilfiger whatevs) bc I can get a nice one and then not feel bad when my dogs get on it.
Arthur Stilwell
marble rye said:

I like getting out of season comforters there (Ralph Lauren or Tommy Hilfiger whatevs) bc I can get a nice one and then not feel bad when my dogs get on it.
There are seasonal comforters?
marble rye
AG
Meant out of season...hence why they are in Ross.
Kitten With A Whip
Crusaders41 said:

It wasn't that I necessarily expected service....it was that they expected ME to re-hang the clothes.....
Except for really high end stores, my experience is that most clothing stores do expect you to re-hang clothing you are not purchasing. It's common courtesy, but we are talking about ROSS. They should be happy that we don't leave it all in a big clump of clothing on the floor. You know, like it is in the REST of the store!
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Took them all back out and when she met me at the entrance to the fitting room area she said "Did you need some help getting those items back on the hanger?"
Really thought this was going in the direction of her asking if you needed help getting your slacks on or off. Alas, 'twas not an interesting story.
idAg09
Why wouldn't you hang the clothes back up? Not your job?

Plus you knew those pants were too small when you went to try then on anyways.
Mookie
AG
WHen my kids rooms are a mess, I tell them it looks like the toy aisle at Ross and they know they have to start cleaning up.
Pirate04
AG
I prefer TJ Maxx
StickTogetherAgs
LupinusTexensis
Crusaders41 said:

You are supposed to rehang the clothes. It's just being a courteous person. You're not supposed to leave a wadded up pile of clothes on the floor. You should know better by now, but I guess you do shop at Ross so....
WC87
AG
Ross is 1 step away from a garage sale in the suburbs.
JABQ04
AG
I worked at dillards for about four months once in the suit department. I hated you with the passion of a thousand suns if you took six dress shirts to try on because the customer never failed to leave them balled up on the floor. Since then, and as a man, I know what size I wear therefore trying on clothes at a store is wasted time, the few times I do try in clothes I will fold or rehang them so the employees know I'm not a complete POS. I can empathize with them
Willis
AG
I'll stop by every so often to see if there is a good polo or something. Sometimes you can find Nike golf shorts for $15 when they're usually $60+.

That being said, it is always a complete cluster and I get in and out pretty quick.
scout 7866
WC87 said:

Ross is 1 step away from Mexico.
fify
Cowboy1990
Never leave them wadded up on the floor. Always return them to the dressing room attendant in a manner I would want them handed to me if it was my job. I usually rehang at places like Dillards that don't often have an attendant.
AliasMan02
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I love that place. Sometimes everything is terrible, but you'll find some gems now and then.

So, the General Board of department stores?
DannyDuberstein
AG
I've only been a couple of times in the last few years, usually in pursuit of golf shoes. I always feel like the loss prevention folks are happy to see such a good-looking, upstanding customer like myself that they don't have to worry about vs all of the other lowlifes and ne'er do well shoppers.
FCBlitz
When my kids were in sports I would all of their sports apparel there. Instead of paying $50 a sports shirt I would pay $12. Didn't care if they tore up those shirts or shorts.
PseudonymK
AG
It's nice to have a few stores left where nobody is following you around, pretending to be nice.
Kate Beckett
AG
I go sometimes. I can usually find good deals on dresses or athletic shorts. Other times I go to TJ Maxx. Lol
justcallmeharry
S
I used to shop there, but I lost my interest in pants that came with one leg longer than the other.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.