David Cassidy passed away today

1,989 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PseudonymK
PseudonymK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Quote:

"On behalf of the entire Cassidy family, it is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our father, our uncle, and our dear brother, David Cassidy. David died surrounded by those he loved, with joy in his heart and free from the pain that had gripped him for so long. Thank you for the abundance and support you have shown him these many years."

He had been hospitalized for several days with organ failure. Cassidy announced his diagnosis with dementia in early 2017. He performed at the B.B. King Blues Club & Grill in New York in March, talking about his dementia, and said his arthritis made playing guitar an ordeal.

With pretty-boy good looks and a long mane of dark hair, Cassidy was one every girl's favorite teen crush in the early 1970s and drew screaming crowds at concert appearances. David Cassidy was part of a show business family that included his father, Tony-winning actor Jack Cassidy, stepmother Shirley Jones, half-brother Shaun Cassidy and daughter, actress Katie Cassidy.

Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
Musicians are dropping left & right.
Petty, Manson, Cassidy.
Athanasius
AG
Rest in Peace.
GunRangeGal
AG
He sang "I Think I Love You" to me many moons ago at his Vegas show. He was always a favorite of mine. So sad!
marble rye
AG
Manson wasn't a musician. Lulz
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
^^^^ Brian Wilson wants a word with you
Beer Baron
AG
Any word from GN on whether we can be sad? How was he with a guitar?
Muzzleblast
Dope and alcohol gets another one.
toucan82
I guess heaven needed a magician to make the Statue of Liberty disappear
WC87
AG
toucan82 said:

I guess heaven needed a magician to make the Statue of Liberty disappear
and don't forget street levitate.
GarryowenAg
AG
You forgot Manson. He always had a way of making people scream.
Jab
AG
IIRC, Manson was tight with The Beach Boys (and maybe The Beatles) and wanted to have a record made.
Kool
AG
Muzzleblast said:

I am good friends with a member of the Cassidy family. David indeed lead a less-than-perfect life to be sure. However, near his death, he completely reconciled with his ex-wife, his children, and with his siblings. Some were people that he hadn't spoken to in years. He did relate to my friend (his relative) that he lost all interest in alcohol in his final months. He also came to believe that several circumstances relating to how his family came together before he died made him realize that nothing other than God could have put those pieces together. David said that he knew that he was "touched by God...no other explanation...Divine intervention...I know this was an act of God". I don't know why it's so hard for people in show business to keep on the straight and narrow, and you don't need to believe this to be from a true source, but I know with certainty that David lived a tumultuous life but died a peaceful death.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PseudonymK
AG
Kool said:

Muzzleblast said:

I am good friends with a member of the Cassidy family. David indeed lead a less-than-perfect life to be sure. However, near his death, he completely reconciled with his ex-wife, his children, and with his siblings. Some were people that he hadn't spoken to in years. He did relate to my friend (his relative) that he lost all interest in alcohol in his final months. He also came to believe that several circumstances relating to how his family came together before he died made him realize that nothing other than God could have put those pieces together. David said that he knew that he was "touched by God...no other explanation...Divine intervention...I know this was an act of God". I don't know why it's so hard for people in show business to keep on the straight and narrow, and you don't need to believe this to be from a true source, but I know with certainty that David lived a tumultuous life but died a peaceful death.
That is really nice to hear. Thank you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.