Allegra or Zyrtec?

8,201 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BlitzBrother
Jack Cheese
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Plexus with a dash of essential oil and some Rodan+Field for good measure. I can hook you up with a mom on facebook for all your needs.

("Doctors" and "medical science" don't want you to know about these healing agents because they are too threatened.)
Scoopen Skwert
AG
But where is the z pack on there?
digging tunnels
AG
FYI, is Zyrtec works for you, then Xyzal should really work for you; it is a purer form of Zyrtec
Chazz03
AG
Quote:

since it is does not cross to the brain like zyrtec
What do you mean by this?
histag10
AG
Allegra works for my husband, Claratin for me, nothing works for my kid. Hoping he handles the allergens here better than he did in Montana, otherwise we will likely have to see an allergist for my 2 year old.
Caliber
AG
CherryLodes said:

jay040 said:

Xyzal.

That **** knocks me the **** out.
How do you do on Zyrtec?

Xyzal contains only the R-enantiomer. Zyrtec has both the R and the S. Only the R is active for allergy relief. The S can cause extra side effects or is simply waste.

Sit Down Rando
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Zyrtec D

This. Years and years of allergy shots brought me nowhere near as much relief as this sweet pill of magic.
KidDoc
AG
Chazz03 said:

Quote:

It is more lipid soluble allowing it to cross into the brain and interact with H1 receptors there resulting in drowsiness. Not as severe as the older antihistamines but can be an adverse effect for some people.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ragoo
AG
Picked up a z-pack today.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Perhaps you should sacrifice a chicken as well. They are both as helpful in managing allergy symptoms.

Also save the z pack for when you have the flu.
Ragoo
AG
bh93 said:

Perhaps you should sacrifice a chicken as well. They are both as helpful in managing allergy symptoms.

Also save the z pack for when you have the flu.
zpack is working like a champ. I think i was beyond just allergies. Was running a near 100 fever with likely sinus infection. Was hacking up orange stuff all morning with a headache and lower back pain.
GinaLinetti
AG
Usually fine. I take it at night just to be safe though. Took a xyzal and was out in less than an hour with the lights on. Drooling and all. Slept well though.
GinaLinetti
AG
I'm afraid mine isn't getting there
Chazz03
AG
KidDoc said:

Chazz03 said:

Quote:

It is more lipid soluble allowing it to cross into the brain and interact with H1 receptors there resulting in drowsiness. Not as severe as the older antihistamines but can be an adverse effect for some people.

Oh well I do zyrtec in the morning, a nip of children's liquid benadryl at 10,2 and 4 and then whiskey and honey at night. And still sniffle sneeze and hack. But all that usually helps me avoid a sinus infection and some responsibility sometimes.
Ragoo
AG
CherryLodes said:

I'm afraid mine isn't getting there
hope you feel better nice lady.
GinaLinetti
AG
Thanks. Up all night coughing so I'm going to try and get some rest today. If it's not getting better after some sleep I'll swing by the doc.
Charpie
AG
Our kiddo went through the same thing. We had to do a round of steroids, followed by Allegra. She's been on Allegra ever since
Ragoo
AG
ttt

Wednesday before last I had a steroid shot in the ass and 10 days of amoxicillin. Mucus went from nasty nasty to clear but still feel it in my nose (somewhat runny) and throat. Feels like a bubble/tickle in my throat and I cough to try and clear. Gives me relief for a minute or two. Blowing my nose gives me relief for 5 minutes or so. Nose mucus starting to have a slight yellow tint. Pretty thick kinda gummy.

Halp!
ClickClack
AG
Ragoo said:

ttt

Wednesday before last I had a steroid shot in the ass and 10 days of amoxicillin. Mucus went from nasty nasty to clear but still feel it in my nose (somewhat runny) and throat. Feels like a bubble/tickle in my throat and I cough to try and clear. Gives me relief for a minute or two. Blowing my nose gives me relief for 5 minutes or so. Nose mucus starting to have a slight yellow tint. Pretty thick kinda gummy.

Halp!

Any antihistamine, for that.
Beer Baron
AG
My mom's a schoolteacher and she had twins in her class named Allegra and Zyrtec for real honest to god I mean it.
Ragoo
AG
I took an Allegra d this morning at 5:30 and have seen little improvement.

I can breathe through my nose fine just need to clear it out every so often. Mainly it is this cough.
Ragoo
AG
Beer Baron said:

My mom's a schoolteacher and she had twins in her class named Allegra and Zyrtec for real honest to god I mean it.
i don't believe you and am sorry to have given you the attention you are obviously craving.
riverrataggie
AG
Saturday night I started feeling the congestion starting. Started taking some meds, by Sunday afternoon I was so backed up I had to do pressurized Neti pot. Felt so good but some of it came out of my eyes. Little to know it was a sinus infection. Last night it started to build up on my eyes and infection spread to them.

Doctor this morning. Round of antibiotics and eye drops. This **** is bad this year.
Ragoo
AG
I have had it the entire month of Feb. had it bad the week before Xmas too.
Krazykat
AG
A coworker turned me on to these from Dollar General. Work for me and cheap.

https://www.dollargeneral.com/dg-health-allergy-relief-tablets-30-ct.html
BlitzBrother
Allergies bother my eyes the worst , wear contacts - What do people do here , brand and how do you take - Once day in the morning or at night or both ?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.