Stupid sheet airlines people make us do

4,991 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by techno-ag
tommyjohn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They put ashtrays in the bathrooms on A-380s.
w8liftr
BurnetAggie99 said:

Isn't every building on campus supposed to be tobacco free? Chief is playing with fire.
BurnetAggie99
A lot of coaches do it and students as well. We are Tobacco free at our Engineering firm but the CEO dips and a lot of the senior management and Engineers.
TriAg2010
AG
tommyjohn said:

They put ashtrays in the bathrooms on A-380s.

If you want to see angry Germans, light a cigarette on a Lufthansa flight.
w8liftr
The only penalty for tobacco use at a private company is a visit with HR. State buildings include the possibility of fines and/or court appearances depending on how much time you want to waste fighting it.
Professor Frick
AG
And why don't they just make the whole plane out of the black box?!
Agnzona
1) FAA rule, also must have ashtrays still.
2) who knows, its government. I saw a gal freaking out over her brand new jumbo can of muse that she paid $100 bucks for and they wouldn't let her check it.
3) Cell companies don't want it because of traffic issues and flight attendants don't want it for cabin management reasons.
4) What you don't Pre Check?
Ag03 CQE
AG
w8liftr said:

The only penalty for tobacco use at a private company is a visit with HR.

Or termination.
Professor Frick
AG
Btw, you guys who dip on an airplane need to head on over to the 'unclassy things I've done' thread
BurnetAggie99
Just depends on how the company is. When our CEO and all the Principals plus all of management dip at our Engineering firm, you not going to get fired.

Then again when I worked at a large electric utility they looked the other way to cause you had all hue managers, Engineers, Safety, and Lineman who dipped. So just depends on what field your in. Also we dippers have to pay more for insurance just like the smokers. If you do the tobacco free contract, then you get a additional $300 from the company towards insurance.

BurnetAggie99
Flashdiaz
AG
I recall airports used to have two jetbridges (tunnels for passengers to get on plane) setup for entry at front and rear of plane to load passengers faster\easier.

Why did they stop doing this?
Agnzona
So we should rename this to stupid thing in air travel since most of these have little to do with airlines.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Just to remind the peasants how ****ty their lives are as they walk passed the business class passengers.
I'M SANDBOX B****!!! I'M 250 MILLION DOLLARS!!
Ag03 CQE
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

Just depends on how the company is. When our CEO and all the Principals plus all of management dip at our Engineering firm, you not going to get fired.

Then again when I worked at a large electric utility they looked the other way to cause you had all hue managers, Engineers, Safety, and Lineman who dipped. So just depends on what field your in. Also we dippers have to pay more for insurance just like the smokers. If you do the tobacco free contract, then you get a additional $300 from the company towards insurance.

That was my point. A private company has a lot more options than just a "visit with HR". It's all about how seriously they take their "no tobacco" policy. UCS/Reynolds & Reynolds would frequently fire lower-level workers for tobacco use.
BombayAg
ColinAggie said:

Just to remind the peasants how ****ty their lives are as they walk passed the business class passengers.

lol true!
techno-ag
AG
Used to be able to choose smoking or non smoking tickets back in the day.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.