Stupid sheet airlines people make us do

4,992 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by techno-ag
BombayAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1. Why do planes have "No smoking" signs "which light up" when the flight is about to take off? It's been decades since banned smoking on planes.

2. Why do they not allow larger shaving cans but allow smaller shaving cans? If I wanted to blow up a plane with my shaving gel, I could figure out a way to do it with a smaller one too.

3. Why do they ask you to put your phone in "airline mode"? I am told it is to prevent waves from interfering with plane communication. If it's so easy, then the terrorists got something to work with.

4. It's been years since we went to the Moon and we do all kinds of sheet these days with tech like self driving cars, but we still don't know how to scan people in terminals by just letting them walk into a frame scanner. No, we make them undress by taking their shoes off, belts off, and laptops in their own container, mind you.

WTF? It's 2017 maaaan.
BenFiasco14
AG
And what's the deal with airline food, AMIRITE???
ac04
why did you put "which light up" in quotes?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Many of the planes we fly today went into service in the late 70's and early 80's and are just one unexpected discharge from an unshowered bindi's shaving cream can away from crashing.
Martin Q. Blank
ac04 said:

MGS
BombayAg said:

1. Why do planes have "No smoking" signs "which light up" when the flight is about to take off? It's been decades since banned smoking on planes.

toucan82
LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!
marble rye
AG
No "no smoking" lights on my current flight.

I just cropdusted 3 rows. There was a toddler 2 rows back throwing a fit and I hear mom say, "We need to go check your diaper son!"

Totes played off.
superunknown
AG
Pam Poovey said:

No "no smoking" lights on my current flight.

I just cropdusted 3 rows. There was a toddler 2 rows back throwing a fit and I hear mom say, "We need to go check your diaper son!"

Totes played off.

Those newer embraer regional jets are pretty dang nice.
IrishTxAggie
AG
BombayAg said:

2. Why do they not allow larger shaving cans but allow smaller shaving cans? If I wanted to blow up a plane with my shaving gel, I could figure out a way to do it with a smaller one too.

3. Why do they ask you to put your phone in "airline mode"? I am told it is to prevent waves from interfering with plane communication. If it's so easy, then the terrorists got something to work with.

4. It's been years since we went to the Moon and we do all kinds of sheet these days with tech like self driving cars, but we still don't know how to scan people in terminals by just letting them walk into a frame scanner. No, we make them undress by taking their shoes off, belts off, and laptops in their own container, mind you.

WTF? It's 2017 maaaan.

Reported to Homeland Security. Enjoy the No Fly List sucker!!
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

Hopefully he's on the India side of the world before he gets banned.
KidDoc
AG
BombayAg said:

WTF? It's 2017 maaaan.
You need to just fork over the big $80 for TSA Precheck- it is all-some!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BurnetAggie99
First thing I do when I get on a flight. Get a dip of Cope

WC87
AG
"MumbaiAg"
ATX_AG_08
AG
The first seat belt patent was issued in 1885. Why do they still give instructions over this?

BombayAg
ac04 said:

The "no smoking" icon thing above the seats light up just before the plane takes off, as if you cannot smoke now but could earlier.

wtf?
ac04
yes, i know what you're talking about dummy. i'm asking about the quotes, not the light. are you dense?
BombayAg
CDUB98 said:

Quote:

Hopefully he's on the India side of the world before he gets banned.

lol, still bullying people on the internets, I see?

go play with some real people ha ha
BombayAg
KidDoc said:

BombayAg said:

WTF? It's 2017 maaaan.
You need to just fork over the big $80 for TSA Precheck- it is all-some!

Yeah, Uncle Sam wants more of my hard earned money.
BombayAg
ColinAggie said:

BombayAg said:

WTF? It's 2017 maaaan.

Another joker who threatens people on the internet.
get out of momma's basement and to a gym.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Dafuq was threatening?? Holy hell you're an idiot. How does it feel to exhale brain cells?
marble rye
AG
riverrataggie
AG
BombayAg said:

WTF? It's 2017 maaaan.

1) sometimes the plane is decades old. Also, need universal signs per FAA rules.

2) somebody / some organization psssed a rule and can't break process no matter what logic dictates. You know, like a call center.

3) it's really so people pay attention to safety instructions.

4) jobs program.
Scimitar
AG
And why do they say the use of smokeless tobacco is a violation of FAA rules? It is NOT. You just have snowflake stewardesses grossed out by spit cups.
The above references an opinion and is for information purposes only. It is not intended to be investment advice. Seek a duly licensed professional for investment advice.
CDUB98
AG
ColinAggie said:

Dafuq was threatening?? Holy hell you're an idiot. How does it feel to exhale brain cells?

Lil' snowflake is triggered.
riverrataggie
AG
Scimitar said:

And why do they say the use of smokeless tobacco is a violation of FAA rules? It is NOT. You just have snowflake stewardesses grossed out by spit cups.

I've seen a guy do it. He just held it in the whole flight.
Scimitar
AG
I just get xtra napkins from the lavatory #camouflage
The above references an opinion and is for information purposes only. It is not intended to be investment advice. Seek a duly licensed professional for investment advice.
riverrataggie
AG
Scimitar said:

I just get xtra napkins from the lavatory #camouflage

Yep. He saw we got chocolate cake with our dinner. Got a bunch of napkins and took advantage.
gigemags-99
AG
Why are you mad? Most of this is your peoples' fault.
BurnetAggie99
I get a dip every time I fly. I usually just bring a empty plastic water bottle or empty cup from the airport convenience store onthe plane. Then I don't have to ask for a cup on the plane
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
The whole "no masturbation" thing is killing me.
ATX_AG_08
AG
I think it's just frowned upon.
MGS
blindey said:

The whole "no masturbation" thing is killing me.

Username checks out.
Hi, Im Brett
AG
The signs light up because the smokers can't. It's a troll.
The Fife
33 posts, and nobody has mentioned travel Scrabble yet?!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.