Weirdest thing you've seen on your commute

10,963 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
BenFiasco14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The thread about the dude seeing some guy flashing random passerbyers got me thinking: what's the weirdest thing you've seen on your morning or evening commute?

Once while commuting to downtown Dallas during a rainstorm, I was on a backstreet in a really long line of cars when a tree branch suddenly snapped and fell into the road causing a complete gridlock, coupled with a guy in his truck who tried to back out of the line and go the other direction, except the water he backed into was actually a deep ditch, and his truck plunged bed first into the ditch.

Sat on that street for at least another hour before a tow truck was finally able to pull the truck out and emergency crews to come clear the debris.

What y'all got?
KyleRob12
Thats some final destination sh*t.
BombayAg
I was on a train going to work.
Suddenly I hear a man 2 seats in front go:

EEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone freaked out, was it a terrorist attack? Allah o Akbar next?

No.
The man put his hand under the seat and something/someone bit him!
swc93
AG
Just this morning I saw an Indian women in a Lexus on Independence in Plano actually use her turn signal and make a right turn on red without someone honking at her first. F'ing crazy!
AggieBand2004
AG
BombayAg said:

I was on a train going to work...

752bro4
AG
A guy straddling the concrete wall on the High Five while DPD tried to talk to him. A co-worker who was on the same route to work was delayed due to the clean up/removal.
IDAGG
AG
Driving home one day. I see an older full size passenger van with a guy about 70 years old driving it. And the entire van is filled with loose trash. Paper, fast food wrappers, you name it. Not in bags but just like he dumped a bunch of trash cans into his van. And the trash level was up to the bottom of the windows including the area in the front where the driver was. W.T.F.?
IDAGG
AG
Going to work one morning waiting at the front of a left turn lane. A guy turns left in front of me coming from my right to head down the road I was on. The car had no windshield but he had the good judgment to be wearing ski goggles.
The Wonderer
AG
I drive 610W every day on my commute. The weirdest thing I ever saw was open road in front me without any brake lights.
elfurioso92
AG
IDAGG said:

Driving home one day. I see an older full size passenger van with a guy about 70 years old driving it. And the entire van is filled with loose trash. Paper, fast food wrappers, you name it. Not in bags but just like he dumped a bunch of trash cans into his van. And the trash level was up to the bottom of the windows including the area in the front where the driver was. W.T.F.?
Was this in Houston? I've seen a guy like this on 290 multiple times driving a small white sedan completely filled with garbage. It was loose trash like fast food cups and paper that went up to the roof with just enough room for the guy to sit and drive.
DannyDuberstein
AG
IDAGG said:

I've seen something similar, although it was an SUV or station wagon. It was basically a Hoarder spin-off waiting to happen, Hoarders on Wheels. It was crammed to the top of the vehicle and pressed against the windows everywhere but where he was sitting.
Kenneth_2003
AG
IDAGG said:

Saw the same thing in a GMC truck on 59 in Beeville several years ago. Garbage was stacked level with the top of the dashboard.
Potcake
AG
I drove from Wimberley to Austin for 11 years. Over the years, I dodged a multitude of deer and varmints, one escaped buffalo, a herd of escaped goats running down the road, and two horses which were hit by a van as I was trying to get them out of the road. Also saw two teenages flip a truck as they were speeding around a curve and hit the shoulder.
IDAGG
AG
elfurioso92 said:

IDAGG said:

Was this in Houston? I've seen a guy like this on 290 multiple times driving a small white sedan completely filled with garbage. It was loose trash like fast food cups and paper that went up to the roof with just enough room for the guy to sit and drive.
Boise area. It was weird as heck because it looked like the driver was sitting in trash up to the bottom of the driver's side window as well. Probably 6 or 7 years ago.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
Driving on a Farm-to-market road in South Texas I passed a guy driving a white convertible sedan wearing a white Tuxedo. He was sitting on the back of the driver's seat, steering with his feet and playing a Saxophone.
People of integrity expect to be believed, when they're not, they let time prove them right.
TRIDENT
AG
I was driving southbound on the Dallas North Tollway, approaching a toll booth slowly so I could throw some quarters in the basket. I glance at my rear view mirror and there is a Camaro hauling ass in the next lane over. The driver slams on the brakes and the Camaro goes backwards through the toll booth at 40+ MPH. Somehow he doesn't hit anything going through, spins the car 180 degrees without ever stopping and hauls ass on down the tollway. He was a freaking stunt driver that day!
BombayAg
AggieBand2004 said:

BombayAg said:

I was on a train going to work...

I LOL'ed a lot
lexofer
AG
Saw two homeless guys walking down the side of the road, had seen them around before but this time was a little different. They were walking about 10 feet apart, the guy in back had his wiener in hand peeing a golden arc high into the air that was landing a foot behind the guy in front. This was while still walking at a normal pace, guy in the front hadn't seemed to notice how close he was to to being the recipient of a golden shower yet.
NC2001
AG
The day that fat chick got naked and jumped on the 18-wheeler during traffic.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Years ago, picking up my kid at school one day I saw what appeared to be Charlie Robison driving a golf cart/gator pulling a rope, towing Bruce Robison behind him on a skateboard. Plausible since CR lived in my neighborhood at the time.
Prune Tracy
I saw a guy smoking ACoke can one-hitter on 290 in Houston during 5pm stop and go traffic.
unimboti nkum
AG
The DC metro was a constant source of entertainment back in the day.

A mentally disabled woman sat down near a black woman who was taking up two seats. The mentally disabled woman started muttering under her breath about how rude some people are...especially fat people who take up two seats. The black lady was having none of it and they started arguing. She had obviously had a long day. She finally got up to leave and the mentally disabled woman yelled "stupid n****r!" The entire train let out a collective "oooooooohhhh!!!" We were all on her side until the racial slur. The black lady then smacked her senseless and exited the train. I had a great view of the whole debacle.
Soso nikinombiki maaki dii.
javajaws
AG
A group of bald Tibetan Monks in their robes fixing a flat tire on their minivan.
80s Guy
So I worked in Cityplace (one floor up from Junkhead) and got to see lots of crazy **** on the DART. One that stands out was early one Saturday morning, I went into the office to get caught up on some paperwork and saw a 'sho Nuff Hooker on a train throw down. It was somewhere between 635 and Mockingbird. First hooker got on and looked like she might be about to nod off to catch up on sleep when at the next stop, another one gets on. They lock eyes and the cussing starts! Within a few seconds, they were at each others throats. Weaves were getting ripped off, shirts torn, boobs flying around... They kept it up until CityPlace where a gaggle of DART cops were waiting. Took 6 of them to get them apart and cuffed.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
AgEng06
AG
Had a dude pass me on 183 north of Austin one time with his head back, smiling... just jacking it.
bigblock
In Waco 20 years ago...
1979 Oldsmobile station wagon, light blue. Grille cut up to look like teeth, headlights done up to look like eyes. Gills gut in the fenders. The word "DANGER" painted down the doors. Giant dorsal fin attached to roof. "Land Shark" painted on the big side windows. Made for a good chuckle.
AstroAggie15
AG
driving in east texas on the way back from a weekend on Toledo Bend. Was about 50 feet behind the car in front of me when a massive pine tree falls from the right side of the road. The top of the tree missed the passenger side of the roof of the car by about 3 feet. At first I just assumed it was a dead tree that fell but when I passed the spot I saw two cousin lovin' sheet for brain buck toothed withe trash meth heads standing there with a chain saw wondering how that happened.

Quite the adrenaline rush
chjoak
AG
- After graduation I moved to Houston in the Westchase area. One Friday when I was heading home, I was at a light on Westheimer. Saw a cracked out homeless dude walk out into the street in front of the car in front of me. He started screaming at the driver. Hit his fists on the hood and then walked around to the driver door. A cop was in the lane next to me and 1 car back. Seeing this go down, the cop had gotten out and proceeded to tackle the guy on the sidewalk and arrest him.
- 5 minutes after the above and about 2-3 blocks down the road, I saw a car in front of me acting a bit funny. They had heavy tint but I could see what appeared to be arms flailing in the back window. Next thing I know the car stopped in the right lane, the passenger door flung open and a large black lady rolled out onto the sidewalk as the car sped off.
- Houston Hwy 290 inbound between Hollister and 610 during AM commute. See a car in front of me in the left lane swerving a bit. Moved to the right just in time to see him slam into the back of the car in front of him without ever hitting his breaks. When I drove by, he looked like he was either drunk or stoned out of his mind.
- Houston Hwy 290 outbound between Hollister and the Beltway at 2AM (heading home from the airport). Grand total of 3 cars on the road. I'm in the middle lane. Toyota SUV in my lane but 200-300 yds in front of me. I was going 80-90 MPH and not gaining on the SUV at all. A Prius comes screaming down the highway behind. He changes lanes to the left to go around me and then gets back in the middle lane. Quickly approaches the Toyota SUV without slowing down. Starts changing lanes to the right and hits his breaks just seconds before slamming into the back of the SUV. Front drivers side of the Prius was completely destroyed.
elfurioso92
AG
I was on 610 in Houston trying to work my way over to exit on 290, back before the new construction when it was still a multi-lane free for all. A beater pickup was carrying a gigantic roll of carpet, this thing was about 4 feet in diameter and at least 12 feet long. The back end was hanging way past the tailgate and dragging on the pavement. It finally dropped out of the bed just as a Honda Civic was doing a multi-lane swing to get to their exit. The Civic hit the carpet roll dead on just as it dropped out of the truck and did a Nascar style spin wipeout into the wall.
Caliber
AG
On I10 westbound just east of downtown Houston last summer:

The Wonderer
AG
chjoak said:

- After graduation I moved to Houston in the Westchase area. One Friday when I was heading home, I was at a light on Westheimer. Saw a cracked out homeless dude walk out into the street in front of the car in front of me. He started screaming at the driver. Hit his fists on the hood and then walked around to the driver door. A cop was in the lane next to me and 1 car back. Seeing this go down, the cop had gotten out and proceeded to tackle the guy on the sidewalk and arrest him.
- 5 minutes after the above and about 2-3 blocks down the road, I saw a car in front of me acting a bit funny. They had heavy tint but I could see what appeared to be arms flailing in the back window. Next thing I know the car stopped in the right lane, the passenger door flung open and a large black lady rolled out onto the sidewalk as the car sped off.
- Houston Hwy 290 inbound between Hollister and 610 during AM commute. See a car in front of me in the left lane swerving a bit. Moved to the right just in time to see him slam into the back of the car in front of him without ever hitting his breaks. When I drove by, he looked like he was either drunk or stoned out of his mind.
- Houston Hwy 290 outbound between Hollister and the Beltway at 2AM (heading home from the airport). Grand total of 3 cars on the road. I'm in the middle lane. Toyota SUV in my lane but 200-300 yds in front of me. I was going 80-90 MPH and not gaining on the SUV at all. A Prius comes screaming down the highway behind. He changes lanes to the left to go around me and then gets back in the middle lane. Quickly approaches the Toyota SUV without slowing down. Starts changing lanes to the right and hits his breaks just seconds before slamming into the back of the SUV. Front drivers side of the Prius was completely destroyed.
FIDO*98*
AG
I saw a 30' flatbed trailer come off a truck in the right lane at about 70mph and after skidding a few feet on the trailer cut hard left. About 2-3 cars got caught up immediately in the impact and 6-8 more plowed into them. Fortunately I was in the right lane coming up on my exit. It reminded me exactly of a NASCAR pile up.
74OA
AG
Driving home at night in Germany doing about 50 on a country road. Out of nowhere a giant boar runs into my headlight beams. Before I can react, it somehow squats and pivots so I blast past it lengthways. Happened in a split-second and I didn't see the boar again in the darkness. When I got out and checked my car, the entire driver's side was covered in mud up to the window sills, but when I later rinsed it off, the paint didn't have so much as a scratch. <shrug>
Win At Life
AG
On beltway heading to a meeting, see a cop pulled over a car. See it all the time, so didn't think much about it. But when I passed them I noticed the driver was out of his car and in an actual fist fight with the cop
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.