Flying for the first time since 1996

4,372 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TriAg2010
Prune Tracy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OldArmyAggie94
AG
Are you my grandfather you haven't flown since 1996? There used to be a generation that never flew.

To answer you. Direct flight on AA.
Unemployed
AG
Only 3 hr flight. If yo mind your business and don't start sh.t, you should be fine on either.
62strat
AG
I don't think much has changed for either of those airlines since 1996, other than price.

Pick one, surprise us.
Human
AG
GAC06
AG
SWA Hobby to Midway
Prune Tracy
riverrataggie
AG
Gangster Octopus said:

I hate people and don't have any reason to sit in a flying WalMart with them for any length of time. I drive to places without airports when I get away. Unfortunately, this is a work trip.

Actually flying to the bustling metropolis of Moline, IA, but damn near everything routes through O'Hare. I'd almost rather fly out of Bergstrom to DFW to Moline.

Are you an Aggie?
Prune Tracy
riverrataggie
AG
Gangster Octopus said:

riverrataggie said:

Gangster Octopus said:

I hate people and don't have any reason to sit in a flying WalMart with them for any length of time. I drive to places without airports when I get away. Unfortunately, this is a work trip.

Actually flying to the bustling metropolis of Moline, IA, but damn near everything routes through O'Hare. I'd almost rather fly out of Bergstrom to DFW to Moline.

Are you an Aggie?

Twice over

Let me know if you chose AA. I'll grab ya a 1st class seat.
Prune Tracy
Tatem
riverrataggie said:

Gangster Octopus said:

riverrataggie said:

Gangster Octopus said:

Are you an Aggie?

Twice over

will you be my friend??
riverrataggie
AG
Tatem said:

riverrataggie said:

Gangster Octopus said:

riverrataggie said:

Gangster Octopus said:

Are you an Aggie?

Twice over

will you be my friend??

No.
ktownag08
AG
Fly directly to Des Moines and drive over. Avoids the connection and you'll likely get there about the same time.

Also, be nice when in the security line and slot in behind other old slow people if given a choice.
redd38
AG
Flying has changed a lot since 1996. It's all underground now. You'll like it.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Either one will be fine since both give full cavity checks to folks that haven't flown since 9/11. You know for safety and all. Enjoy!
EFE
AG
Gangster Octopus said:

I hate people and don't have any reason to sit in a flying WalMart with them for any length of time.

United and AA aren't that bad. You make it sound like you're flying Allegiant or Spirit.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
United. We came here to sell tickets and kick ass. And, we just ran out of tickets.
Ragoo
AG
riverrataggie said:

Gangster Octopus said:

riverrataggie said:

Gangster Octopus said:

Are you an Aggie?

Twice over

i need to circumnavigate the globe, what kind of pull do you have for that?
Ag 11
AG
FYI - They don't let you smoke on the plane anymore
I Play With Guns
S
WTF airline do you fly that makes IAH to ORD a 3 hr flight?!??
Unemployed
AG
I'm off by an extra 30 minutes. Not that big of a deal.
Very Tolerant Nice Guy
RealTalk said:

I'm off by an extra 30 minutes. Not that big of a deal.

It's a two hour flight barely
Unemployed
AG
Google said it's a 2.5 hr flight. So blame google.
agnerd
AG
Gangster Octopus said:

Do you get to play with tractors? If so, what do I have to do to tag along?
riverrataggie
AG
Ragoo said:

riverrataggie said:

Gangster Octopus said:

riverrataggie said:

Gangster Octopus said:

Are you an Aggie?

Twice over

i need to circumnavigate the globe, what kind of pull do you have for that?

I'll do what I can but for that I'll charge you.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

United and AA aren't that bad. You make it sound like you're flying Allegiant or Spirit.

Worst flight experience I ever had was on AA. 48 minutes on the tarmac while they checked for engine trouble. Did not let us off the plane. Redneck old lady across the aisle from me freaking out and screaming "OH LORD" every time they made another announcement.
Prune Tracy
crowman2010
AG
River, shoot me an email if you could. crowag2010 at yahoo
army01
AG
EagleFordEarl said:

Gangster Octopus said:

I hate people and don't have any reason to sit in a flying WalMart with them for any length of time.

Eh...I think he is on to something. Spirit is more on par with Big Lots/Dollar General, no?
Dallasag02
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

Worst flight experience I ever had was on AA. 48 minutes on the tarmac while they checked for engine trouble. Did not let us off the plane. Redneck old lady across the aisle from me freaking out and screaming "OH LORD" every time they made another announcement.

48 minutes?? How did you ever survive?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Dallasag02 said:

ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

48 minutes?? How did you ever survive?
Another 6 minutes and the passengers might have started eating each other like a Uruguayan soccer team.
riverrataggie
AG
crowman2010 said:

River, shoot me an email if you could. crowag2010 at yahoo

Sent
mrad85
AG
Fly direct IAH to Cedar Rapids. You'll get there quicker. Easy drive Cedar Rapids to Moline. Trust me on this one.
Tagguy
AG
riverrataggie said:

Gangster Octopus said:

riverrataggie said:

Gangster Octopus said:

Are you an Aggie?

Twice over

That is some good bull right there. Do you work for AA?

Haven't flown with them in a while but should be come November.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.