Coke zero is changing their formula

9,686 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by G. hirsutum Ag
expresswrittenconsent
How long do you want to ignore this user?
But why would you want to?
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Diet Coke is a different formula, and tastes like ****, too. (I believe it's based off the New Coke formula.)

Coke Zero tastes much more similar to regular coke.

My understanding was this and it's based in folklore:
There was coke classic and Pepsi. Then Pepsi came out with Diet Pepsi and Coke started losing market share so they came out with Diet Coke. Diet Coke is a completely different formula than coke classic. Then in a brilliant marketing move they took the Diet Coke recipe and replaced the aspartame with sugar and enter stage left comes New Coke. They quickly found out that Diet Coke with the heaviness of sugar tastes terrible and they scrapped it going back to old Coke that is rebranded as classic. Diet Coke and coke classic remain unchanged except the cocaine. Coke Zero and Coke Zero sugar are based on the coke classic recipe just without the sugar. They also have Coke life which has a green label and is sweetened with stevia.

I was pissed about them changing Coke Zero but I can't tell a difference between zero and zero sugar. I do believe the name zero sugar is dumb AF but w/e. I will still call it Coke Zero and get on down the road. Zero has less caffeine as Diet Coke but about the same as classic. I don't drink it often but I enjoy one every now and then and like it with Jack for a carb free drink.

As a side note the Netflix documentary on the two is very fascinating
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Which doc is that?
Buck Turgidson
Now with DOUBLE the brain cancer
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
I can't remember, it may have even been on prime. Search for Coke vs Pepsi

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.