Assess My Kid’s Freshman Schedule

6,152 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Seersucker Ag 2011
austinAG90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ignac said:

austinAG90 said:

And pregnant at 23!

HTH

Sure as hell beats me having to take care of her child in middle school and high school. Have plenty of those in our extended family. All from well educated aggies like myself.

So you admit to contributing to the Baby's having Babies continuum

K
libertyag
AG
Not near enough PE courses. Load up on tennis, golf, archery, and martial arts if they have that. Maybe take some of them twice this first semester. Have some fun. Taking all that difficult stuff and what if he never graduates anyway? Plenty of time for the more difficult stuff in the 4th and 5th and 6th year, right before he changes his major and sort of starts over.
Unemployed
AG
JayAggie said:

Quote:

Needs to get another hour of something so he has room to drop a 3hr if need be.

This is true. Can he add a KINE course? Those will all be easy A's and if he has to drop a course he will still be full time student.
Whatever man. Bowling was hard. I made a freakin' C. After that, all my KINE classes I took as pass/fail.
Ignatius_of_Silesia
23 is a baby? Hell a lot of Mexicans are on their 6th child by 23.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not for our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex.
Ragoo
AG
austinAG90 said:

My daughter is also Class of 21'. We told her here is $200k for your college, good luck! Haven't help with anything else. She went in on her own and registered and is all set up, got a dorm and parking spot.

She knows to meet Mom and I at Traditions on game days if she wants to see us.

Not that hard to let them figure it out in their own

similar but AMEX.
austinAG90
AG
Ragoo said:

austinAG90 said:

My daughter is also Class of 21'. We told her here is $200k for your college, good luck! Haven't help with anything else. She went in on her own and registered and is all set up, got a dorm and parking spot.

similar but AMEX.

Smart - miles!

aggie_fan13
AG
Why 200k ?
austinAG90
AG
azulAg said:

Why 200k ?

$50/yr at A&M isn't a bad living for a 18-22 yr old person.

Grad School they talk to us about busting their Trusts to pay for it

Bondag
AG
My best semesters were when I took 17-20 hours. Take minimum and you get lazy. Fill your schedule and it forces you to better manage time.

I took 15 hours one summer and it was my best semester at A&M
Ragoo
AG
Bondag said:

My best semesters were when I took 17-20 hours. Take minimum and you get lazy. Fill your schedule and it forces you to better manage time.

I took 15 hours one summer and it was my best semester at A&M
this is why I got a job my 3rd and 4th years.
Bondag
AG
RealTalk said:

JayAggie said:

Quote:

Needs to get another hour of something so he has room to drop a 3hr if need be.

This is true. Can he add a KINE course? Those will all be easy A's and if he has to drop a course he will still be full time student.
Whatever man. Bowling was hard. I made a freakin' C. After that, all my KINE classes I took as pass/fail.
I got an A in bowling by betting prof I could pick up a 6-7-10. He walked up to me and said just take the 9. I bet him an A I could pick it up. I put a reverse spin on the ball and hit the 6 into the 10 and knocked the 6 across to take out the 7. The prof just stared at me like WTF and said I didn't have to come to class anymore. But it was bowling so I went to every class and had a 180+ average.
Wizard
austinAG90 said:

azulAg said:

Why 200k ?

$50/yr at A&M isn't a bad living for a 18-22 yr old person.

You must be affluent and generous.

50K a year at A&M I could have paid tuition, rent, books, maxed a Roth IRA, and would still have plenty of money to eat at Christopher's and have hookers and blow regularly.
permabull
AG
austinAG90
AG
Wizard said:

austinAG90 said:

azulAg said:

Why 200k ?

$50/yr at A&M isn't a bad living for a 18-22 yr old person

You must be affluent and generous.

50K a year at A&M I could have paid tuition, rent, books, maxed a Roth IRA, and would still have plenty of money to eat at Christopher's and have hookers and blow regularly.

You are a wizard
libertyag
AG
azulAg said:

Why 200k ?
humble brag perhaps?
aggie_fan13
AG
I was fortunate enough to have my parents pay my tuition, it may be a humble brag but giving an 18 year old a 50k budget to live on is pretty dumb. Might as well buy a cheap house here and rent it out, try to get some return on your investment
austinAG90
AG
azulAg said:

I was fortunate enough to have my parents pay my tuition, it may be a humble brag but giving an 18 year old a 50k budget to live on is pretty dumb. Might as well buy a cheap house here and rent it out, try to get some return on your investment

Why would I buy a house and make it easy for them ?
aggie_fan13
AG
how would living in a dorm/apartment make it any less easy than a house ? If anything I would think a house would be more responsibility
austinAG90
AG
azulAg said:

how would living in a dorm/apartment make it any less easy than a house ? If anything I would think a house would be more responsibility

Don't you think they would hire a maid on a $50/yr budget and living in a house I purchased?

You missed the point.
aggie_fan13
AG
True
trueaggie2782
AG
Have him take a self defense class. Most students are female and the few guys get to be the "dummies". HWIA
979ag
AG
Wanna help a current Ag? Paying my own way through school and my student debt is already over 25K Lol. I have a 4.0 if that helps
austinAG90
AG
979ag said:

Wanna help a current Ag? Paying my own way through school and my student debt is already over 25K Lol. I have a 4.0 if that helps

Debt is nothing to laugh at
chipotle
I opened thread for freshmen asses.
979ag
AG
It's an "Oh chit, my life sucks because of my debt" laugh
Corps_Ag12
AG
HBCanine08 said:

TTUArmy said:

Be ready for a couple of changes in major. It happens. They go in wanting to be chemical engineers and come out with a degree in Agriculture Economics. Just roll with it.

True. But mechanical engineering to political science.
True. Except engineering (unclassified) to construction science.

Best decision i made in college.
gigemags-99
AG
austinAG90 said:

If my parents had given me 200k up front, I'm pretty sure I would've been dead within a week.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Take 12 hours every semester and take two summer classes each summer. Easy way to get it all done and stay drunk most of the time. Great days.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.