Frankston ISD

3,964 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sapper Redux
Cowboy1990
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.easttexasmatters.com/news/local-news/residents-frankston-isd-teacher-coach-turnover-due-to-superintendent/773120800
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Could you please sum up why I'm supposed to give a damn?
GinaLinetti
AG
What a **** show. I know another small east Texas town is losing teachers in droves due to administration as well.
45-70Ag
AG
Good lord
What a mess
Chazz03
AG
I didn't read the article. Are they threating to take away their summer vacation or something?
trueaggie2782
AG
WTL : ORS
trueaggie2782
AG
Cliff notes:
Superintendent sucks
Teachers/coaches leave
Ex teachers/coaches complain about said superintendent
Parents complain
Superintendent remains at post
AliasMan02
AG
Good God that's a long article.
Liquid Wrench
I tried to read it all but I couldn't get through those bizarre stream of conscious letters written by disgruntled teachers. At least one of the teachers was a science teacher, so spelling and grammar shouldn't be too important to him.
Lungblood
This is probably why kids don't read good.
jpc08
AG
One time I heard about this company who had a bad CEO. Some of the employees quit. Really makes you think.
BostonAg74
Whatever happened to the good old days when they just promoted the football coach to Superintendent so he could play golf all day, and his secretary ran the school district, just like she did for his predecessor?
Al Bula
AG
There's a lot of pretty land around Frankston.
wbt5845
AG
Those rambling, grammatically ludicrous letters from the teachers are pretty solid proof the bar is low for that profession.
CDUB98
AG
Super is on a power trip creating his own little kingdom and the students will pay the price.
Unemployed
AG
Quote:

"I graduated from Texas A&M with a Bachelor of Science degree in Agronomy, so teaching was not my first choice," Regester writes.

How awful that you had to settle for a career in teaching. What a waste of an Aggie degree.
752bro4
AG
duffelpud
AG
That's a lot of butthurt coming out of Frankston.

It perfectly summarizes what government schooling has become and why their monopoly on tax dollars needs to be busted up.

Quote:

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.

Corollary: If you can't play it, coach it.
Ignatius_of_Silesia
And nowhere in the article do they mention what the assistant super's tits look like. All those words and I was left hanging.
Aston04
AG
That article is in desperate need of editing. Very hard to follow.
45-70Ag
AG
Aston04 said:

That article is in desperate need of editing. Very hard to follow.

The publication is east Texas matters. I'm guessing this doesn't bother their clientele.
cadetjay02
AG
I've coached and taught in small districts like Frankston and big high achieving suburban districts. They are apples to oranges all the way around. There are good people in the small schools, but there is a reason I teach and send my kids to nice suburban schools.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The letter from the Aggie made me cringe. I weep that his B.S. in Agronomy is not being utilized to solve the world's issues and is only being utilized to educate young minds in a half-assed, grammatically incorrect manner.
Liquid Wrench
Parts of the letters made a little sense if you're familiar with small town East Texas speech: Stop in the middle of a sentence to tell a different story without any context or setup - and then move on as if your impromptu story had proven the earlier point.

But it's tough reading, especially coming from an educator.
rhoswen
AG
I'd love to go back to Ag. I make more as a chemistry teacher.
La Fours
AG
I graduated from Frankston. The article doesn't paint a good picture, but I don't think it is nearly as bad as the article tries to make it look.
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

I graduated from Frankston.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're not the shining beacon that Frankston wants claiming their school.
duffelpud
AG
Quote:

The article doesn't paint a good picture, but I don't think it is nearly as bad as the article tries to make it look.
I don't have high expectations for a town named after a paste-like and batter-like meat product produced by forcing bones with attached edible meat under high pressure through a sieve.
La Fours
AG
CDUB98 said:

Quote:

I graduated from Frankston.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're not the shining beacon that Frankston wants claiming their school.
Touche.
Kramer
AG
Local, independent school boards are stupid.

Just because you went to a school doesn't mean you know how to run one.
Know Your Enemy
AG
East Texas people
Sapper Redux
752bro4 said:

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.
Those who can't teach, teach gym. Those who can't teach gym join the military. At least, that's how my Drill Sgt put it.

Also, I read the town as Frankenstein at first. I'd like to see that school district.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.