Case for mandatory birth control

3,570 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CDUB98
GetThoseKeysMilo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/24/health/utah-newborn-drugs-trnd/index.html

jkag89
Would there be religious allowances or are are you going to throw out the First Amendment? You trust the government to determine who is a fit to be a parent or not? Really? Absolutely not a chance that power would never be abused.
redd38
AG
Everyone should get their tubes tied when they hit puberty. For $10k you can get them untied. The $10k would go into a college fund for your kids. If you don't have any kids that go to college then it just goes into a general scholarship fund.
GetThoseKeysMilo
redd38 said:

Everyone should get their tubes tied when they hit puberty. For $10k you can get them untied. The $10k would go into a college fund for your kids. If you don't have any kids that go to college then it just goes into a general scholarship fund.

The boys too. Just to be safe.
redd38
AG
GetThoseKeysMilo said:

redd38 said:

The boys too. Just to be safe.

Yeah. Sorry, didn't mean just girls. I'm for equal opportunity sterilization.
Liquid Wrench
I was expecting a link back to Forum 12.
swimmerbabe11
I can think of no better way to spring us into a real life dystopian novel than to advocate for eugenics.

Being a part of a resistance movement could be fun.
Slicer97
AG
redd38 said:

I've got a better idea. Let's dissolve all government and legal authority and allow things to take a Darwinian course. We'll have our utopia in less than 2 generations. And there won't be any more irish.
CDUB98
AG
ChiliBeans said:

I was expecting a link back to Forum 12.

QED
jkag89
redd38 said:

Great, now we are advocating evasive surgery for every female when she hits puberty and another to reverse the procedure if/when they meet the arbitrary government requirement to have children. Boy this gets better and better. Oh and rich folks are not above addiction problems either.
Slicer97
AG
Oh, and that dude's head is 50% too big for his face.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
jkag89 said:

redd38 said:

Great, now we are advocating evasive surgery for every female when she hits puberty and another to reverse the procedure if/when they meet the arbitrary government requirement to have children. Boy this gets better and better. Oh and rich folks are not above addiction problems either.

Evasive surgery? Is that like when you have your face reconstructed to hide from the cops?
Sea Pony 07
AG
My job is a case for mandatory birth control.
AgsMyDude
AG
Quote:

With the parents in jail, the couple's three other children -- all boys, ages 2, 4 and 8 -- were taken into custody by the Utah Division of Child and Family Services. Their now 3-month-old daughter was evaluated at the hospital, and the other children were also drug tested

"The oldest child did not test positive for any drugs," Cannon said. But the three younger ones all tested positive for methamphetamines, while the infant also tested positive for heroin and morphine. Cannon said Christenson was given morphine for pain during the delivery and that was the source of it in the infant.

GetThoseKeysMilo
jkag89 said:

Would there be religious allowances or are are you going to throw out the First Amendment? You trust the government to determine who is a fit to be a parent or not? Really? Absolutely not a chance that power would never be abused.

I intend to dissolve the Constitution when I become Supreme Leader of Milopia.

I'll be fair, though. I promise.
HC
I have a dy/dx for the thread topic but id get banned for it
GoneGirl
AG
That poor baby. But I honestly don't see how this got past the docs when the baby was born. My friend's daughter (adopted) had to stay in a dark room and was given methadone to break her addiction. Her mom was addicted to heroine. You would think it would have been obvious to the pediatrician.

I don't know what the solution to this is. The little girl that I know has several older siblings and at least one younger. When mom failed a drug test with her next pregnancy, she took off and couldn't be found.

SkiMo
AG
I've taken a **** in that Spanish Fork Walmart
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

You would think it would have been obvious to the pediatrician.
You're assuming these mothers even go to a pediatrician.

Many times they don't. Too poor, or don't want to disclose their addiction, or both. Sometimes, just flat plain too stupid to go.
GoneGirl
AG
CDUB98 said:

Quote:

Many times they don't. Too poor, or don't want to disclose their addiction, or both. Sometimes, just flat plain too stupid to go.
If the baby is born in a hospital, which according to the article, it was. She saw a pediatrician.
duffelpud
AG
Addiction is hell on earth. I've been involved in the treatment a family member for almost 5 years - if the subject was left on a deserted island with no drugs he would find a way to get them.
CDUB98
AG
TxElsie said:

CDUB98 said:

Quote:

If the baby is born in a hospital, which according to the article, it was. She saw a pediatrician.

Now, if you mean saw a doc while there for birth, then yes, I agree.

Sigh, I just realized my error. I was thinking of a gyno pre-labor and saying pediatrician. I've got my mind in too many places. Sorry.
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

Addiction is hell on earth
People who have never seen it or dealt with it themselves really don't understand.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.