Death by whipped cream

4,233 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Amazing Moves
Tanya 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A well-known lifestyle blogger in France has been killed by an exploding whipped cream dispenser.
Rebecca Burger's death was announced on Facebook in what her family called a "domestic accident".
A warning against the faulty dispensers was posted to her Instagram account, saying it had "exploded and struck Rebecca's chest, causing her death".
French media reported she had died of cardiac arrest after the incident, despite medical attention.
The popular fitness and travel figure was well-known in France, with some 55,000 Facebook fans and 154,000 followers on Instagram.

Still won't eat Cool Whip
[url=http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40362094][/url]
[url=http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40362094][/url]
Rule #1

Leeman
Tragic.
Goose
AG
ibthe1st"explodingonherchest"joke
Mr_mo8268
AG
Lifestyle bloggers are some of the most important and influential people on earth. Who else would tell the mindless "startup business owners" (trust fund adults) where to eat, what to drink, what to wear all while getting paid on the back end for pimping out information.
Sad story though.
mrad85
AG
Sad to think those glorious fun bags couldn't take a blast like that

T's & P's
gigemags-99
AG
How did the can blow up? Was it shrapnel, or was the can flying around the room...like when you let go of an untied ballon?
OregonAggie
AG
I'm just in disbelief the airbags didn't prevent her death.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
I see two big ol cans. Must have been a really big ol can of whipped cream not to just bounce off those.
BenFiasco14
AG
Mr_mo8268 said:

Lifestyle bloggers are some of the most important and influential people on earth. Who else would tell the mindless "startup business owners" (trust fund adults) where to eat, what to drink, what to wear all while getting paid on the back end for pimping out information.
Sad story though.
For real. It is a sad story, but "fitness and travel figure"? Really?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
80s Guy
I'm going to hell but this was my first thought.

mrad85
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

I see two big ol cans. Must have been a really big ol can of whipped cream not to just bounce off those.

Maybe the big ol cans were around the Big ol can of cream. Let's at least consider all scenarios.
CDUB98
AG
MOAR
AgOutsideAustin
AG
mrad85 said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

Maybe the big ol cans were around the Big ol can of cream. Let's at least consider all scenarios.

Those big ol cans have definitely been around something!
18 USC 3056 Ag
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

Or take quite a hit in the sweater puppies since the cardiac arrest ultimately got her. That's one big hit to send a fitness model into cardiac arrest!
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
This is why you huff all the laughing gas off first kids. Safety.
Goose
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

This is why you huff all the laughing gas off first kids. Safety.

True dat
Muzzleblast
One less InstantFace attention hoar won't be missed much.

Shoulda used Kevlar instead of silicone.
Not a Bot
AG
She possibly died of a condition called commotio cordis, where a blunt force impact directly over the left ventricle can cause the heart to stop. It is the same thing that's happened to some little league pitchers when hit by line drives.

That being said, it looks like she has some extra padding there.
Coog97
Damn you, Tinypic
Amazing Moves
Interesting comment by a doctor below the TMZ story. link

Quote:

Doesn't look like it exploded. Looks like it was dropped. She died from using PED's like C4, I'm sure..... Sad, so young. This is why you should never assume someone is healthy because they look "healthy" (i.e. Someone parking in a handicapped space that looks "healthy" because they could have MS, Fibromyalgia, Diabetic neuropathy, etc.)) fact is, she looked as healthy as a horse and a "whipped cream container hit her in the chest, causing a heart attack." Well i didn't have a heart attack when I was young, slid off the road in a blizzard, hit a tree and cracked my ribs and sternum with a bruise where the seat belt was (right over my heart.) just saying, not buying it. I don't think that's what caused cardiac arrest.... I'll wait for toxicology.....
his next comment.
Quote:

Saw a woman on the news who left a hairspray container In her car. Good thing she wasn't in the car. It exploded in the heat and ended up sticking halfway through her windshield after shooting like a rocket, literally.

This is how I know it likely didn't kill her. It was in pieces, together. It would likely have had to breach her chest and caused more than a bruise. If it did cause cardiac arrest, CPR could have brought her back. Was she alone? Did nobody help her or did they find it on the ground and just assume it exploded? There's more here and it's obvious.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.