Why do some weddings not have bars ?

2 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Wooahhhh
Human
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag03 CQE said:

Angry Panda said:

swc93 said:

Beer, BBQ and a Grand March.

FIFCentralTX

I'm I the only one that wants to punch that little girl in her mouth?
LupinusTexensis
ac04 said:

wwjd? besides turning water to wine - the other stuff

I've heard some claim that was a mistranslation from grape juice.
Quad Dog
AG
I went to a wedding in England last week. It was outdoors and they had iced buckets with beer, containers of Pims, Gin and Tonic, and sangria outside the ceremony. I thought drinking during the ceremony was the greatest thing ever.
GoneGirl
AG
Wildman15 said:

azulAg said:

Wildman15 said:

Was a groomsman in a baptist wedding. Wedding planner almost threw me out during the reception because I kept going to my truck for beer/shots of whiskey

The DJ blew out his speakers before any speeches were made and before the bride and groom could do their first dance. Speeches were yelled, and someone dropped their iPhone into a bucket for makeshift speakers for the first dance. Alcohol was definitely needed.
that sounds like a god awful ****ty wedding
yup! Wedding planner chewed me out for a good 5 minutes before letting me back into the reception. I was also the only groomsman listed in the program without "Mr." before my name. So I earned at least one beer for that.
Sounds like the wedding planner needed to be fired. She? sounds incompetent.
HBCanine08
AG
I was wedding where they didn't have booze or music. But the bride's mother was chain smoking the entire time.
Post removed:
by user
MouthBQ98
AG
Treat your guests, they burned a weekend day at considerable personal expense AND probably brought a gift. Give them good food and drink at least.
Beer Baron
AG
Ugh, you people who enjoy social situations without booze are the WORST. It's like chipper morning people who don't drink coffee.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Seriously though can some of you not be happy and have fun in social situations without alcohol.
SoTheySay
S
Even the last funeral I went to had alcohol.
Post removed:
by user
wangus12
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Beer Baron said:

Ugh, you people who enjoy social situations without booze are the WORST. It's like chipper morning people who don't drink coffee.

I don't drink coffee but I'm not chipper.
Same here
Wildman15
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Wildman15 said:

Was a groomsman in a baptist wedding. Wedding planner almost threw me out during the reception because I kept going to my truck for beer/shots of whiskey

You might have an alcohol problem. Seriously though can some of you not be happy and have fun in social situations without alcohol.
Yeah. My problem was there wasn't any alcohol at the reception. HTH
aggie_fan13
AG
SoTheySay said:

Even the last funeral I went to had alcohol.
that's how I want to go out, open bar to drink in my honor
Caesar4
AG
Pam Poovey said:

Here is an idea. Dont go to the wedding. Send a gift. Drink at home.

Smh @ wedding complainers.
Now you're talking.

Next Introverts meeting:
*** Note: New members are encouraged to stay at home

BTW: I'm an introvert and I like it that way....People are weird. Except my wife...she's awesome.

Caesar4
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Wildman15 said:

You might have an alcohol problem. Seriously though can some of you not be happy and have fun in social situations without alcohol.
Problem?

1. I drink.
2. I get drunk
3. I fall down.
4. No problem.
SoTheySay
S
Right? I've decided I want to be cremated and I want there to be champagne. I also want people to have to go out and by an outfit just for my funeral.
Alte Schule
Went to a wedding reception for a coworker at the Grimes County fairgrounds. Live band, BBQ, mountain oysters, and an open bar with washtubs full of iced beer. At sundown a van pulled up and three gentlemen unloaded a craps table and two other tables for hold 'em and black jack. Planned on just going and making an appearance. Stayed a lot longer than I probably should have.
P.C. Principal
The only dry wedding I've been to was a Methodist wedding and I always thought they were among the booziest, up there with the Whiskey-palians. It was kind of a bummer.
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
Card carrying Methodist for now (the whole ghey preacher thing is a point of contention).... we chose our venue with great consideration given to the bar setup. Open bar for beer & wine, alcohol cost a little but not much. Domestic, imported, whatever. Still receive compliments on the wedding. I may have been lit during the ceremony. There was a fully stocked fridge in the grooms dressing room. My groomsmen and I cleaned out that fridge and got in trouble for raiding the bar. WEDDINGS MUST HAVE BOOZE!!!!
"The leftist is driven by something other than facts and can't be cured."
SabineAg
AG
Thank the lord I'm catholic, people get wasted at catholic weddings.
Beer Baron
AG
My favorite Baptist wedding involved a toast with sparkling pink lemonade. The bride and groom did a dance, but there was no dancing for anyone else. Everyone just kind of stood around and looked at each other for about an hour, then we left. They divorced within a year.
duffelpud
AG
The difference between Baptists and Presbyterians is that the Presbyterians will say hello when they see you in the liquor store.

John Grisham writes that the difference between Baptists and Methodists is that Methodists can read.
aggie_fan13
AG
Sounds like a middle school dance
Beer Baron
AG
It pretty much was. The dance was every bit as stilted and awkward.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Why even have the reception if there's no booze and no dancing? Why not just get on with their miserable lives free of the sins of dance and drink?
80s Guy
SoTheySay said:

Right? I've decided I want to be cremated and I want there to be champagne. I also want people to have to go out and by an outfit just for my funeral.

We're on the same page. I want my ashes to be made into charcoal and used to filter some whiskey. Then bottle said whiskey and give to family members so that every time they drink it, they have a little bit of me with them!
The Lost
Caesar4 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

Wildman15 said:

Problem?

1. I drink.
2. I get drunk
3. I fall down.
4. No problem.

You left out ??? And profiting... poor plan
wbt5845
AG
I don't blame you people for wanting booze at the reception. When the bride and groom stay for 6 hours because they were obviously living together, the wedding was just a farce anyway and then it's just a party people are invited to with no major significance.
GrayMatter
AG
A wedding without booze? Does not compute!

Dude, I went to a Quinceanera last month and it had booze!

Mex is gonna Mex.
aggie_fan13
AG
Like I said, Mexicans know how to party
Beer Baron
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

Why even have the reception if there's no booze and no dancing? Why not just get on with their miserable lives free of the sins of dance and drink?
This was my thought exactly. Kind of like throwing a Super Bowl party with no chips or TV.
Wooahhhh
AG
bud bars at weddings are coming, it's just going to take a while, prohibition being what it is.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.