Phone call from jail

4,759 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Charpie
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Twice today I've gotten a phone call from the Brazos County Detention Center from "Drew", I don't know anyone named Drew so I've declined the call both times. If he calls again should I answer and let him know he's calling the wrong number? Or will that just piss him off and make him add me to his people-to-kill-after-getting-out-of-prison list?
Dr. Faustus
AG
You should take the call, tell him you'll be There ASAP, then laugh as he rots in the clink, pining away for the moment that his savior shows up to bail him out.
Texagsubscriber
He is probably pissed right now..
Geralt of Rivia
S
Go pick him up and tell him that "he owes you" as you unzip your pants
SidetrackAg
AG
redd38 said:

Or will that just piss him off and make him add me to his people-to-kill-after-getting-out-of-prison list?

You not answering his call probably already places you on that list
TecRecAg
AG
I got a call like that once at 3am. I remember thinking, I don't know no damn Brad. Sure enough, my cousin Brad got a d-dub. Not like he can give me hell for not answering, he was the one in the slammer.
UmustBKidding
Accepting it will likely cost you a $20 collect call charge and good luck getting it removed. Call the Sheriffs office they can block you number in their phone system.
redd38
AG
UmustBKidding said:

Accepting it will likely cost you a $20 collect call charge and good luck getting it removed. Call the Sheriffs office they can block you number in their phone system.

The recording definitely said it was a free call or I wouldn't even think about answering.
Ag81Golf
redd38 said:

UmustBKidding said:

The recording definitely said it was a free call or I wouldn't even think about answering.

Some prisoner chose you for phone sex. Congratulations!
Oso96
AG
I thought this thread was something completely different. The answer is my dad and the hardest call I've ever had to make.
MouthBQ98
AG
They sometimes run scams to try to get you to dial codes to accept being billed for their future calling.
redd38
AG
Oso96 said:

I thought this thread was something completely different. The answer is my dad and the hardest call I've ever had to make.

I called my boss once and my cousin once, both pretty easy calls actually.
Human
AG
My baby momma is in lockdown...

Makes you think
Goose83
AG
We had one these calls twenty or so years ago from someone in jail somewhere outside of Houston. Couldn't make out the name, so we refused the charges.

Definitely a scam, and one that has been going around for quite some time.
HC
Nice humble brag, OP. Not everybody has people that call them.
redd38
AG
HC said:

If he calls again I'll give him your number.
HC
redd38 said:

HC said:

If he calls again I'll give him your number.
Appreciate it. It gets lonely on the outside
IIIHorn
By definition, the call was made from a cell phone
AgGrad99
AG
This is your chance for adventure.

Take the call, explain that he has the wrong number....but find out who he's trying to call, and make the call for him. In other words, insert yourself into the situation. Maybe get close his party...and figure out what's going on. Make yourself useful to them in someway, to protect yourself.

I have a feeling, very soon...you'll be in the middle of a Breaking Bad type situation.
wangus12
AG
I thought you only got 1 phone call. How the hell did he get 2
redd38
AG
wangus12 said:

I thought you only got 1 phone call. How the hell did he get 2
That's what really makes me feel bad. He probably had to suck off a guard or something to make that second call that I didn't answer.
crowman2010
AG
The "one phone call" thing is a crock of crap. You get as many collect calls as you want when you first get booked. Trust me on this.
Mucho austin
AG
Ever seen Prison Break? Those guys are on the phone the whole freaking time.
Win At Life
AG
petey88
crowman2010 said:

The "one phone call" thing is a crock of crap. You get as many collect calls as you want when you first get booked. Trust me on this.

I didn't.

Way back, I was 17 years old, got a PI. Had just started my car after eating breakfast at Denny's on I-35, baylro cops pulled up behind my car. One said I was lucky, as if I had put it in reverse, they could have gotten me for DWI.

Anyway, got booked into the city jail. They held me for 8 hours before I called my Dad to come get me out. Funny part is my parents were pissed off at the cops more than they were at me. They had been up all night after calling in a missing person on me.

Cops couldn't find me because I sitting in their jail.

Maybe a year later, that got removed from my record. The Mom of a girl I knew worked in the city government, on her own, she got a judge to take it off my record. Maybe two years later, I was living in Arlington, & saw a story that the Mom got arrested for embezzling thousands of dollars from the government.

Anyway, my record got cleared. I had to go through security checks for a US government contractor in the aerospace business.
Tobias Funke
AG
petey88 said:

crowman2010 said:

I didn't.

Way back, I was 17 years old, got a PI. Had just started my car after eating breakfast at Denny's on I-35, baylro cops pulled up behind my car. One said I was lucky, as if I had put it in reverse, they could have gotten me for DWI.

Anyway, got booked into the city jail. They held me for 8 hours before I called my Dad to come get me out. Funny part is my parents were pissed off at the cops more than they were at me. They had been up all night after calling in a missing person on me.

Maybe a year later, that got removed from my record. The Mom of a girl I knew worked in the city government, on her own, she got a judge to take it off my record. Maybe two years later, I was living in Arlington, & saw a story that the Mom got arrested for embezzling thousands of dollars from the government.

Anyway, my record got cleared. I had to go through security checks for a US government contractor in the aerospace business.

This is a stunningly uninteresting story once you get past "Denny's"
crowman2010
AG
petey88 said:

crowman2010 said:

I didn't.

Well...Harris County has the phones built into the wall...you have to put your ear up against the thing...so unsanitary
aTm2004
AG
Hi, Im Brett
AG
lol, poor Drew. Probably gave up assuming the person he was trying to call is teaching him a life lesson.
redd38
AG
He called again! He's been in jail over a week waiting for me to come bail him out! This time it said the call was gonna cost money though so I didn't answer again. Sorry Drew.
Tomdoss92
AG
Maybe it's drew carey and...

YOU'RE THE NEXT CONTESTANT ON THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!!
ATX_AG_08
AG
petey88 said:

crowman2010 said:

I didn't.

My getting arrested stories are way cooler than yours.
idAg09
ATX_AG_08 said:

petey88 said:

crowman2010 said:

I didn't.

My getting arrested stories are way cooler than yours.

Story time!
petey88

cool, have a cookie

only time I got far, I got one with my 2 of my best friends getting it, fight at Fort Worth bar.

I tried to bail em out, and their goodAg Dad shows up at 3 AM at the Tarrant County jail. First time I met their Dad,...I was moving into the brothers house. Dad says, "you don't know what you are getting yourself into".

40 year friends, the whole gang

Charpie
AG
Working nights on the radio when I was 20 was a blast.

Me: "Hello B-104"
Other line "A prisoner from the Hidalgo County Jail is calling you. "HEY CHARPIE, CAN YOU PLAY "THIS IS HOW WE DO IT BY MONTEL JORD.." would like to speak to you. Would you like to take the call?"
Me: "Nope!"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.