Need an iphone expert

2,170 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by IrishTxAggie
proc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Having some issues reaching a family shut in. If texts do not show as "delivered" on an iphone for over a week, does that mean the recipient's phone has not been on for a week?

This is not the most serious place, but best for a quick answer. TIA.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Not 100% positive...but if they don't get iMessages when they normally do, it either means they aren't in a place where they get 4G/LTE or their phone has died/is off
Geralt of Rivia
S
Are they still being delivered as normal text messages?
Al Bula
AG
Definitely a question for local law enforcement rather than Texags if you're really concerned.
HC
This could be caused by a few different things. HTH
proc
AG
About to go that route, but I need some quick expertise so I can tell them my concerns.

Previous messages to their iphone show as delivered. Last weeks worth do not show as delivered. Can I reasonably assume that their phone or service has been off that whole week?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Did they possibly get a new phone that isn't an iPhone? Hold down the undelivered message and try sending it as a SMS instead of an iMessage. That will at least deliver it if they no longer have an iPhone.
HC
Your best bet is to actually call their number.

They could have a new, non-iphone, or disabled iMessage on their iphone. Try calling
Geralt of Rivia
S
Best bet is probably to have the cops do a wellness check on the address
proc
AG
Oh, I have tried calling. Straight to voice mail. Really alarmed me when I heard texts havent been delivered all week.

Next stop, local PD. Thanks.
Fairview
AG
If it's going straight to VM it's probably off.
texasaggie2015
AG
Hope everything is okay.
The Fife
Been there, better get a wellness check ordered. Grandma wouldn't hear the phone unless she was standing next to it when it went off (but I don't need a hearing aid dammit!) and it was around that point where we had to make her move close to family so we could check up on her.
proc
AG
That was a very timely wellness check. From the hospital, sincere thanks for the quick advice, the police were not wanting to do it until I spelled it out for them.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Hope everything is ok. File a formal complaint against the police for being ******bags for not wanting to do it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.