Professional Marching Band season starts Thursday night!

15,166 Views | 183 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Mr. Peterman
New Hampshire Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

HC
wbt5845 said:

javajaws said:

tk for tu juan said:

PrincessButtercup said:

This is my favorite thread.

I bet that guy blows!

I mean he blows a trumpet!

We met his fiance last summer flying from D/FW to Indianapolis for DCI Finals and trust me he's tagging 100X hotter tail than you can even dream of.
But was his fiance a Virgin?
Goose
AG
I don't like that the bluecoats are not, in fact, wearing blue coats.
wbt5845
AG
Goose said:

I don't like that the bluecoats are not, in fact, wearing blue coats.

Somewhat disturbing until you realize their heritage. They were originally an auxillary of the Canton Police and hence the name Bluecoats. Their original logo.

wbt5845
AG
BTW - to those of you saying "it's just a different style" - that's like saying the Dallas Cowboys and the Consol Tigers are just "different styles". See how dumb that sounds?
tandy miller
AG
This thread is the gayest thing ive seen today.... And I saw two homeless dudes blowing eachother under the overpass at beltway 8 this morning
Goose
AG
wbt5845 said:

BTW - to those of you saying "it's just a different style" - that's like saying the Dallas Cowboys and the Consol Tigers are just "different styles". See how dumb that sounds?
I think what most folks are saying is that with musicians of that quality, and considering the tremendous amount of effort, and practice, and talent required to perform like that, it's a real shame they're putting it all towards what's basically a 75-man Liberace concert on a football field.
80s Guy
Quote:

I think what most folks are saying is that with musicians of that quality, and considering the tremendous amount of effort, and practice, and talent required to perform like that, it's a real shame they're putting it all towards what's basically a 75-man Liberace concert on a football field.
But they're marching, man! They're marching!!!!!!
cav14
Goose said:

wbt5845 said:

While the activity has gotten more like a broadway play on a football field with dancing than actual marching, why is it still a real "shame"? What would "most folk" rather have them do instead? Play seated down in a tux with a symphony orchestra in some concert hall? Play on a physically smaller stage at a concert backing up some B or A-list musician? Play by themselves or small group on the sidewalk or coffee bar?

If the very complicated DCI shows just don't appeal to you, then hopefully you can still appreciate and support them when they are performing in other ways when its not summer season.
Mr. Peterman
Marching band is gay.

"Professional" marching band is Elton John flaming gay

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.