HS principal commits suicide in HS parking lot shortly after resigning

33,832 Views | 155 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by rw1987
saw em off
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thankfully, school was already out and no kids were around. .

http://kfdm.com/news/local/suicide-reported-at-kirbyville-high-school
CDUB98
AG
**** depression
SidetrackAg
AG
Damn, that's sad
SkiMo
AG
This article is blocked at my work so I'm not sure if it says it in this article, but another I found said he previously was forced to resign as superintendent of Bryan SD. And then he resigned at Kirbyville and shot himself. Maybe just depression and bad performance?
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Two different people. Tommy Wallis was forced to resign as Bryan ISD superintendent and is now in Kirbyville. A principal committed suicide.
SkiMo
AG
My bad....... need more coffee
JM13
No doubt in my mind Wallis bullied this guy and forced him to resign. He did this to many people at BISD. It will be interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks with this story
Eeyore Smooth
AG
Weird. The vehicle was running and was in reverse with his foot on the brake.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Eeyore Smooth said:

Weird. The vehicle was running and was in reverse with his foot on the brake.
Yeah. That's odd.
swimmerbabe11
I'm assuming rigor mortis kept it from letting up?

But wouldn't the jolt of the shot probably make the foot move?

Article didn't mention the car wrecked?
SkiMo
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I'm assuming rigor mortis kept it from letting up?

But wouldn't the jolt of the shot probably make the foot move?

Article didn't mention the car wrecked?
If you're gonna off yourself then what's the point of having the car in reverse and foot on the brake while doing it? Unless you wanna make it look suspect because you hated your boss. That's assuming a lot though.
swimmerbabe11
Maybe he had every intention of going home and then started to back out and said "nah, f this" and grabbed the gun?

I have no idea. That would be a stupid way to try to make it look suspicious, unless you want to claim the guy jumped in the car shot him and jumped out of the car but left the gun...
Dread Pirate Roberts
Is he wearing an Aggie ring?
swc93
AG
Anyone else have Alice Cooper singing in their ear now?
Oogway
One of the news outfits is reporting that in the afternoon there was a meeting between the superintendent (Wallis), the principal, and an assistant principal.
TxKng82
AG
Crazy stuff. My stepmom works there. Curious to hear if anything weird has been happening leading up to this.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
TxKng82 said:

Crazy stuff. My stepmom works there. Curious to hear if anything weird has been happening leading up to this.

I'd say it was pretty weird when they hired Wallis.
saw em off
New reports are saying they were just discussing summer projects.
JM13
Just read the latest report about it, Wallis is covering his ass big time. Who sees a car in a parking lot and just calls the cops? Something happened in that meeting and I guarantee it won't look good for Wallis.
powerbelly
AG
JM13 said:

Just read the latest report about it, Wallis is covering his ass big time. Who sees a car in a parking lot and just calls the cops? Something happened in that meeting and I guarantee it won't look good for Wallis.
It is too bad that Bryan ISD had to provide a good recommendation.
Scotty Flamingo
CDUB98
AG
Nathan Summers said:

I didn't find him in a simple search of the Former Student directory.
Scotty Flamingo
found his FB...appears to be an Ag
Scotty Flamingo
CDUB98 said:

Nathan Summers said:

I didn't find him in a simple search of the Former Student directory.
Oh...hmm. Well I don't know then. I just saw a pic of what looks like his kids at Kyle Field
CDUB98
AG
I did a simple search and blew through names quickly. I easily could have missed.
Caesar4
AG
powerbelly51 said:

JM13 said:

I've heard of companies simply state that a person is "Not a candidate for re-hire", when they would like to reveal more info, but won't due to concerns about litigation.
powerbelly
AG
Caesar4 said:

powerbelly51 said:

JM13 said:

I've heard of companies simply state that a person is "Not a candidate for re-hire", when they would like to reveal more info, but won't due to concerns about litigation.
Part of his "separation" agreement from BISD was that they had to give him a good rec IIRC
Mathguy64
AG
That letter was not a glowing letter. It was about 10 sentences long. And anyone looking to hire Wallis knew exactly what the score with him was. On both the personal and personnel side.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Good recommendation or not, a simple Google search will reveal more about Wallis. The Kirbyville school board must be overrun with morons.
TxKng82
AG
Not from the area so don't keep up with the district. Never heard anything about this Wallis dude. Some shady stuff.
Psych
AG
People are upset at Wallis for continuing to look for a new job after getting a raise at his current job? Was he supposed to turn down the raise and tell his current bosses that he's looking for a way out?

Am I the only one on this board who's ever changed jobs?
Bunk Moreland
Psych said:

I bet you feel real important right now.

Go do forum searches on the Aggieland board. A lot has probably been removed but a lot should still be there.
agz win
AG
JM13 said:

Calling the cops instead of approaching the car doesn't pass the smell test.
JimmyHouston
Ragoo
AG
Interesting they ruled it a suicide so quickly at least it is interesting that the news is reporting it as a suicide. It is interesting that the news is reporting on a suicide at all. I believe when my wife was in media they had a hard rule to not report suicide. Found dead would have most likely been the story unless it became s homicide.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.