Looking for a drone/flying machine

2,017 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Zamacuco
josiahb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy, I am planning on getting engaged this summer. I was thinking it would be cool to do a kind of treasure hunt around college station at all the places we've spent time. Our first kiss was in a gazebo at Wolf Pen Creek so I was thinking I would do the proposal there.

Some coworkers suggested it would be cool if I could get a drone to maybe record the proposal or bring the ring in and then record the proposal. I like the idea. If the drone brought the ring in it feels like it would be less weird if it hovered there and recorded as I proposed. Either way I feel like that would be a really cool memory/video to have.

Does anyone on here happen to have a sweet drone or some kind of flying machine that can deliver a ring then record the proposal or have experience with this?
chipotle
josiahb said:

Howdy, I am planning on getting engaged this summer....

ah s*** monica run!
AgEng06
The Wonderer
The Wonderer
AG
You're about to have years and years of droning on and on and on (assuming she says yes), why would want a drone at the start of it all?
redd38
AG
If you really loved her then you'd take the time to train a bald eagle to deliver the ring.
jpc08
AG
You came to the right place! Someone will be along shortly to directly and courteously answer your questions.
Martin Q. Blank
josiahb said:

some kind of flying machine
I'm half way through completing this project. Let me know if it will suit your needs.
?1
AgGrad99
AG

I can picture it now...you'll put a 10k diamond on a drone, and halfway there this happens:

pilot
AG
This is a helluva flying machine:

AgGrad99
AG

AgEng06
AG
Also, this sounds like some **** you got from Pinterest or the like. Why isn't your boyfriend planning the engagement?
AgGrad99
AG

If you hire this guy to deliver it, The General Board will pay for it:

hurleyag
NoahAg
If you rent the drone from the Association of Former Students, they'll pay for half of the engagement ring.

hth
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
histag10
AG
how easy can a drone be hacked? Would it be possible to remotely take over his drone, and then make off with the ring?

Asking for a friend.
BenFiasco14
AG
You should instead take up the art of falconry.
Drawkcab
Instead of sending her to all the places you've spent time limit it to places you've ****ed. That would add some originality to this played out idea. The cool part is only she would know the meaning behind the places and at the end she'll be ready to **** some more.
Ag_EE
AG
SchnauzerMom
A legitimate suggestion is to contact Ashley Siegert with Fig-Mint Photography/A.Diamond Productions. She is an ESPN photographer based out of CS, who does excellent work. Her and her husband recently obtained their drone pilots license. If she can't assist you, then she may know who can.
Zamacuco
I have a Phantom 3 that is pretty awesome and would probably do the job... I'd give it a 10% chance of being what you dream it will be, 75% chance something goes wrong and 50% chance I get it caught in her hair. 135% chance it would be memorable. I do pretty good editing so there is that. Also, there is a measurable chance I could get arrested. I've done worse but...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.