It's ALMOST that time of year!

6,649 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bmc13
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Those blessed few months teachers don't complain about their jobs!
gigemJTH12
AG
only applies to the crap teachers.. for 2 reasons:

1)the good ones dont complain about it. they know what comes with it and they enjoy it

2) the smart ones arent done because they teach easy summer school @ 30 bucks an hour
aTm2004
AG
They'll complain about their pay instead.
chipotle

It's like the building and desks magically appeared/funded themselves.
IrishTxAggie
AG
wbt5845 said:

Those blessed few months teachers don't complain about their jobs!
Basically this is wbt's announcement that he'll be spending most of his summer checking out the tweens at Schlitterbahn and Splashway...
Cromagnum
AG
They are already griping about going back to work this fall.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Cromagnum said:

They are already griping about going back to work this fall.
We are only a couple of months away from wbt's annual thread complaining about teachers complaining about having to go back to school
Claude!
Honestly, I think I look forward to summer vacation more than teachers or students. For those two glorious months, my commute is so much nicer.
Brick Tamland
gigemJTH12 said:

only applies to the crap teachers.. for 2 reasons:

1)the good ones dont complain about it. they know what comes with it and they enjoy it

2) the smart ones arent done because they teach easy summer school @ 30 bucks an hour

2a) the ones that go to/lead professional development in the summer instead of sitting on their lazy asses

I honestly think teachers wouldn't complain if parents didn't raise their kids to be total ********s.

Not a teacher, nor a parent.
mike_ags_fan12
As they should.
Beer Baron
AG
I see the pre-emptive beeching about the beeching is right on schedule though.
Tanya 93
I thought it was just a few days until AiT posts the bikini pics of underage girls who post pics on FB.
CDUB98
AG
It's been so long, can someone remind me why AiT garnered the tween perv rep. I know we're reaching way back in the GB days.
ClickClack
AG
Beer Baron said:

I see the pre-emptive beeching about the beeching is right on schedule though.

Seriously. I see way more posts like the OP than actual teachers whining.
Ragoo
AG
I used to love joining in the "gripe about teachers griping" threads, that is until my wife decided to leave industry and become a teacher. Over the last 3 years if I have learned anything it is that teachers are likely underpaid. Certainly those that sponsor extracurricular activities. The $125 each semester stipend they get for the after school hours and weekends is a joke.

I could not hold a position where I am 1) constantly presenting new material to kids who don't care or are always undermining you 2)work for an administration that expects you to do everything you can to get a kid passing 2 days before the end of a 6 weeks or semester 3) where your salary doesn't reflect time commitment of the role.
ClickClack
AG
Ragoo said:

I used to love joining in the "gripe about teachers griping" threads, that is until my wife decided to leave industry and become a teacher. Over the last 3 years if I have learned anything it is that teachers are likely underpaid. Certainly those that sponsor extracurricular activities. The $125 each semester stipend they get for the after school hours and weekends is a joke.

I could not hold a position where I am 1) constantly presenting new material to kids who don't care or are always undermining you 2)work for an administration that expects you to do everything you can to get a kid passing 2 days before the end of a 6 weeks or semester 3) where your salary doesn't reflect time commitment of the role.

This. The teacher-bashing on this board is just weird.
gigemJTH12
AG
Ragoo said:

this is all 100% true. but it wont stop the people who make the jokes.

people dont generally understand until they live with a teacher. Even just being friends with one doesnt do it justice.
toucan82
CDUB98 said:

It's been so long, can someone remind me why AiT garnered the tween perv rep. I know we're reaching way back in the GB days.

I think it has something to do with being a perv who has a preference for tweens
Aggie
AG
Those bashing teachers are likely snowflakes who complain about everything.
It's the teachers fault their kid is an idiot and has behavior problems.
Teachers are underpaid and under appreciated and for the most part have to deal with administrators with no spine or leadership abilities whatsoever.

No I'm not a teacher... But I know plenty.

chipotle
I know plenty of fall back career babysitters that meme up facebook with their crap. It's no more naive to think there aren't plenty of these dip s***s then it is to say that all of them are silent heroes.
Amazing Moves
What a creep.
Beer Baron
AG
Yall really are being unfair to the OP here. He's explained numerous times that his urges for children are ok because the children in question are exclusively female.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Beer Baron said:

Yall really are being unfair to the OP here. He's explained numerous times that his urges for children are ok because the children in question are exclusively female.
Didn't he also say it was ok for him to bang outside of wedlock but he expected his wife to be a virgin or some **** like that? Or am I confusing him with another ****ed up poster?
toucan82
That's actually pretty reasonable
CDUB98
AG
toucan82 said:

CDUB98 said:

I think it has something to do with being a perv who has a preference for tweens
shut up, toucan
CDUB98
AG
ColinAggie said:

Beer Baron said:

Didn't he also say it was ok for him to bang outside of wedlock but he expected his wife to be a virgin or some **** like that? Or am I confusing him with another ****ed up poster?
No, that was him.

He rammed his rod all through college and excused it as okay, but demanded his wife be a virgin or else she was a whoooar.
Eliminatus
AG
ClickClack said:

Ragoo said:

One of those TA things I will never understand I guess. I am not a white knight for teachers but holy **** do their jobs suck butt. I will always appreciate the job teachers do. Part of it may be this weird stigma Texas has about education. I love my state to death but even I can admit our academic environment is the pits.

I have known several (A few romantically) and have 3 aunts and an uncle who are all retired teachers. The amount of time, effort, and yes even money out of pocket would shatter the minds and worldviews of most posters here. Especially the lower the grade you go.
Beer Baron
AG
Sounds like him. I'm going to go ahead and say yes, it was definitely him.
superunknown
AG
Eliminatus said:

ClickClack said:

Ragoo said:

One of those TA things I will never understand I guess. I am not a white knight for teachers but holy **** do their jobs suck butt. I will always appreciate the job teachers do. Part of it may be this weird stigma Texas has about education. I love my state to death but even I can admit our academic environment is the pits.

I have known several (A few romantically) and have 3 aunts and an uncle who are all retired teachers. The amount of time, effort, and yes even money out of pocket would shatter the minds and worldviews of most posters here. Especially the lower the grade you go.

marble rye
AG
Have any teachers just said, "nope. Not spending my money."

When I think back on HS, the three most effective teachers I had and the ones that actually prepared me for college had ZERO on the walls. The only thing provided in their classrooms was Kleenex.
wbt5845
AG
CDUB98 said:

ColinAggie said:

Beer Baron said:

No, that was him.

He rammed his rod all through college and excused it as okay, but demanded his wife be a virgin or else she was a whoooar.

That's a little off focus. My exact point was once a girl I was dating gave it up, she was off the potential wife list. Girls need to realize not to give it up so easy.
AgEng06
AG
This wording might actually sound worse than your original idea.
Eliminatus
AG
wbt5845 said:

CDUB98 said:

ColinAggie said:

Beer Baron said:

No, that was him.

That's a little off focus. My exact point was once a girl I was dating gave it up, she was off the potential wife list. Girls need to realize not to give it up so easy.
You sound like someone I would ridicule and dislike in real life.
rhoswen
AG
Pam Poovey said:

Have any teachers just said, "nope. Not spending my money."

When I think back on HS, the three most effective teachers I had and the ones that actually prepared me for college had ZERO on the walls. The only thing provided in their classrooms was Kleenex.

Again, I'm "required" to have stuff on my walls. I'm sure it's some bs about not looking like a prison. But that's a one time expense.

Mostly what I spend money on is stuff I can buy at the store for labs. Otherwise I wouldn't get to do many at all. The on-level teachers don't b really do this and I don't blame them.
marble rye
AG
Sounds like a trip to Dollar General is in order.

Everyone love a kitten telling them to "Hang in there!"
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.