Conspiracy Theory Talk

5,523 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by J-Gigs05
Dread Pirate Roberts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So many people think the CIA or some other government group was behind the Kennedy assassination and many other big things out there - and we've found out much of its true. So, (whether or not the CIA was involved with Kennedy) do you think that the government has assassination plans for each president and other top-level officials? Like an exit strategy if one goes insane or is simply uncontrollable?
Liquid Wrench
It almost makes too much sense.
AdRo
Nope, CIA seems to have always stuck to the role of trying to protect the people. Even with Snowden's leaks, we found out that they aren't real big on protecting individual liberty, privacy, or telling the truth. But they do seem to have the country's best interest in mind, civil rights be damned. I'd be very surprised if they would even consider a hit on a president.
Flashdiaz
AG
i'd almost be disappointing if there wasn't a contingency plan for most scenarios.
chipotle
Why would a government need a plan to kill a president? There are lots of folks that want the POTUS dead so all the government would need to do is turn a blind eye for a spell (kinda like they did with kennedy).
HBCanine08
AG

chiken
AG
Once I was running on my treadmill in my apartment singing to "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" and I noticed some guy staring at me. Through what I thought was just coincidence, he knew my father and was there the day he was shot. He had theories that the government tracked purchases and piloted black helicopters. I told him what a nut he was, but just to be safe, from that point on, I never bought Cather in the Rye.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
It would be easier to have a plan to declare a president medically unfit for service.
CharlieBrown17
AG
How much more medically unfit do you want than not breathing?
vin1041
AG
Was he on the grassy knoll?
Rutedown
I'm sure Pence and the CIA are staying in contact. Pence is Sideshow Bob and Trump is Krusty the clown.

Out in Left Field
AG
The brilliance of secret government plans is that they could just somehow leak pieces of those plans to crackpots and crazies who yell "CONSPIRACY THEORY!", then no one ever believes they're real. Profit.
Eliminatus
AG
The biggest mistake people think is that the "gubment" is some monolithic beast where everything is planned meticulously and carried out to follow some master plan.

This is so far from the truth. The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing sorta thing. Now add a few thousand extra hands also without a clue.

No, I do not think that the "gubment" as a whole has assassination plans being pumped out by a think tank in some basement. But I am not naive enough to think that elements WITHIN the government have planned and even executed multiple deaths that were not conventional. Foreign I am certain, domestic I would not be surprised.

Remember, government equals power. And we have a fair dose of case studies of what power can do to people. For whatever reason.

Oh and to answer OP. Of course there is plots! In collaboration with the Russians and fascists.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
TPS_Report
AG
FDR did not know about Pearl Harbor in advance.
Lee Harvey acted alone.
Nixon DID sabotage the Viet Nam peace process.
9/11 was not an inside job.

If you believe otherwise you lack critical thinking skills.
(removed:110205)
TPS_Report said:

Lee Harvey acted alone.

Voice of reason.
dcAg
Oswald did not act alone.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
While we are on this subject, can we discuss the moon base that the tall gray aliens have?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
its the ol "something so bad happened...there's gota be more than a simple explanation to it" theory. people can't believe one guy by himself killed JFK. people can't believe we missed the Japanese coming in to PH. people can't believe a bunch of ass backwards saudis took down the towers.
Serious Lee
Ive shot a Mannlicher before and i can honestly say its the biggest POS ive ever fired. LHO got lucky, or did he?
Drawkcab
TPS_Report said:

Lee Harvey acted alone.

Charpie is still staff though, right?
permabull
AG
BassCowboy33
The only conspiracy theory that I believe is that Chelsea Clinton's real father was Webster Hubbell.
Camo
Big foot is real
superunknown
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

While we are on this subject, can we discuss the moon base that the tall gray aliens have?

We all know the greys moved their base underneath the Denver airport.
GCRanger
AG
NSFW

The Fugs - CIA Man
Flashdiaz
AG
hypeiv said:

It's funny how people believe the government is incompetent and a mastermind simultaneously... There is no middle ground

It only takes a small handful of people to develop and plan... while the rest of the givernment is blind to it and doing their government job.
Doctor Rosenrosen
AG
We faked the moon landing ... and the USSR just stood by and let us get away with it.
Stive
AG
Flashdiaz said:

hypeiv said:

It's funny how people believe the government is incompetent and a mastermind simultaneously... There is no middle ground

It only takes a small handful of people to develop and plan... while the rest of the givernment is blind to it and doing their government job
While with some of the crack pot conspiracies that might be true, with others that have been thrown out there (looking at you 9/11), you're talking 100's if not 1,000's that would have to be involved.

Which of the conspiracies do you think would have only taken "a small handful of people"?
J-Gigs05
AG
Everyone knows it was the Reptilians. Amateurs
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.