At what age did you realize that not everyone needs to hear about your finances?

2,744 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by riverrataggie
Swarely
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think I was about 5.
Wildman15
AG
About the time that 3 luxury cars on a 125K salary becomes the most worn out joke on the GB
80s Guy
Wildman15 said:

About the time that 3 luxury cars on a 125K salary becomes the most worn out joke on the GB

Been patiently waiting for a Scimitard sighting but alas, he is too good for us plebes.
Wildman15
AG
80s Guy said:

Wildman15 said:

Been patiently waiting for a Scimitard sighting but alas, he is too good for us plebes.
we were all hoping for him to show up
TyHolden
AG
30k millionaires everywhere....
marble rye
AG
I realized something even better. No one cares and you shouldnt care so much to need to share it.

Hth
GinaLinetti
AG
AP4P2020 said:

I think I was about 5.

You don't talk about money. Uncouth
Beer Baron
AG
My genitals are larger than other people's genitals.
TyHolden
AG
CherryLodes said:

AP4P2020 said:

Ucounth
doesn't work on guys
Geralt of Rivia
S
george92
As a person that has been preparing ptax returns for some of the wealthiest people in San Antonio and Austin for 24 years, something has consistently been the the same over all those years. Those who act and talk like they have and make a lot of money more times than not make and have way less. Those who have, usually stay quiet and are unassuming. While those who don't talk big and are loved by the auto leasing industry.
Unemployed
AG
Beer Baron said:

My mom agrees.
Philo B 93
Realized that at One. My full time, live-in nanny taught me many important lessons as a yute. Rule 1. Pic pm'dto each of you individually.
AggieBand2004
AG
Beer Baron said:

Not so. It just looks tiny, hiding under my massive gut
runontexas
AG
3.5 yrs old
Amazing Moves
Beer Baron said:

Are we counting hair?
Maybe Next Year
AG
I was about 8. My Mother taught the lesson, and then cited Molly Brown to explain why we weren't to be seen with new money
Spore Ag
Old enough to know that it can disappear just as fast if not faster than it took you to get it.
Ragoo
AG
Life is about competition. Why is conversation about money taboo? We should talk about it more, maybe we'd have fewer people with massive debt or insufficient retirement savings.
lotsofhp
AG
I too was taught that talking about how much money you had is tacky. No one likes a show off.

Clear sign of insecurity.

Blue star for this thread.
lotsofhp
AG
Ragoo said:

Life is about competition. Why is conversation about money taboo? We should talk about it more, maybe we'd have fewer people with massive debt or insufficient retirement savings.

Or, I think more likely, we'd have even more people running out to finance luxury cars and houses they can't afford to appear like they're keeping up.
GarlandAg2012
AG
There's a difference between openly talking about your own finances and openly talking about personal finance.

I used to have people come to my office regularly to talk about Roth IRAs, HSAs, and other personal finance stuff but you can do so without injecting your own numbers.
3 William 56
AG
Beer Baron said:

Do turd cutters count as genitals now?
aTm2004
AG
My salary is known to my boss, my wife, and our financial planner. Everybody else can GFT in regards to what I make.
george92
aTm2004 said:

My salary is known to my boss, my wife, and our financial planner. Everybody else can GFT in regards to what I make.

I'm willing to bet HR and Accounting also know how little you make. And why would you want your wife knowing what you make? Thats stupid man.
permabull
AG
riverrataggie
AG
george92 said:

aTm2004 said:

I'm willing to bet HR and Accounting also know how little you make. And why would you want your wife knowing what you make? Thats stupid man.

Yeah but he's a number to them. He's like employee 973792$82010&.

Agree on the wife. Mine has somewhat of a clue but not the exact amount.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.